1/4 modern Iron Man, FTW!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, let's put it this way, recast or not recast... as long as it's look good and you like it, just buy it..

You're buying it for yourself, not others.. so as long as you're happy with it, who cares. ;)

Personally, I like this statue, I've seen both org and stealth before.. it's a good 1/4 statue, weigh heavy and just right for it's size... packaging also looks great.

I will buy one and keep it. It's only limited to 50 pieces worldwide, so I think it's good enough to keep it. :)

so what your saying is its ok to put money in recasters pockets when they would have nothing whith out the top class sculptor payed by sideshow under license to marvel!

do these guys have a license from marvel pray tell?

so what your saying is its ok to put money in recasters pockets when they would have nothing whith out the top class sculptor payed by sideshow under license to marvel!

do these guys have a license from marvel pray tell?

Think this should be a personnal choice.. whichever statue looks great and you like it, the price is right, just buy it.

If SS come out with this piece, I'll sure buy it too. :D

Think this should be a personnal choice.. whichever statue looks great and you like it, the price is right, just buy it.

If SS come out with this piece, I'll sure buy it too. :D

as i have already asked you,are the firm/company/individuals lisenced to make marvel statues?

i dont no any reputable companies who doesn't have a lisence for hellboy'marvel'TDK' so on and so fourth!

so are they ok and where can i buy one?:D

The argument your trying to push should stick to recasting, not licensing. Fact is licensing is one of the more flexible points of collecting. Ask some of those talented sculptors your defending how many unlicenses likeness' they've sculpted for comission and sold to people, even multiple people because people want something they will buy it, license or not.

Now recasting, taking someones original work and re selling copies is wrong yes, but as long as people are willing to buy it they will keep selling them. Because in a community where the items are of limited production quantitiy, demand will always outstrip supply and whomever can come up with the extra supply will do so, and make money doing it. At the very least i can say for this statue at least they tried to do something different with it, its more akin to a custom than a direct recast, they at least reposed it. Its much like custom action figures using existing parts and sculpts people use slightly modified to make something else and sell it on ebay.

Personally im of the mind similiar to fox, its choice, if you wanna buy it, buy it, if you dont dont, but dont expect everyone to see things the way you do, or feel bad for buying something you think is wrong, if its something they want and its not technically illegal to do so.

I dont think theres a point in berating people who buy recasts, because simple fact is they chose to do it, wether they knew what it was, they knew that they wanted it, and they chose to buy it as its their choice, not yours, its fine to complain about the people doing the recasting, but theres no point in trying to rip on the people who buy them, even if they are supporting the people doing the wrong, its not going to stop the people doing the wrong complaining to the people who bought it.

The argument your trying to push should stick to recasting, not licensing. Fact is licensing is one of the more flexible points of collecting. Ask some of those talented sculptors your defending how many unlicenses likeness' they've sculpted for comission and sold to people, even multiple people because people want something they will buy it, license or not.

Now recasting, taking someones original work and re selling copies is wrong yes, but as long as people are willing to buy it they will keep selling them. Because in a community where the items are of limited production quantitiy, demand will always outstrip supply and whomever can come up with the extra supply will do so, and make money doing it. At the very least i can say for this statue at least they tried to do something different with it, its more akin to a custom than a direct recast, they at least reposed it. Its much like custom action figures using existing parts and sculpts people use slightly modified to make something else and sell it on ebay.

Personally im of the mind similiar to fox, its choice, if you wanna buy it, buy it, if you dont dont, but dont expect everyone to see things the way you do, or feel bad for buying something you think is wrong, if its something they want and its not technically illegal to do so.

I dont think theres a point in berating people who buy recasts, because simple fact is they chose to do it, wether they knew what it was, they knew that they wanted it, and they chose to buy it as its their choice, not yours, its fine to complain about the people doing the recasting, but theres no point in trying to rip on the people who buy them, even if they are supporting the people doing the wrong, its not going to stop the people doing the wrong complaining to the people who bought it.

Totally agreed! :D

I still want a IM in a Premium Format form. Just throw some metal accents over the polystone.

*BOOM*.......Premium Format Iron Man is formed.

Do you happen to have a picture of the packaging box and foam? I'm curious to see how well the packaging was created.

Also, is it numbered?

Personally, I like this statue, I've seen both org and stealth before.. it's a good 1/4 statue, weigh heavy and just right for it's size... packaging also looks great.

I will buy one and keep it. It's only limited to 50 pieces worldwide, so I think it's good enough to keep it. :)

On licensing, a comic shop owner once told me that you can make anything by hand that is licensed, because that is original art, but if you make copies of it, then that is copyright infringement, and will likely get the comic book company after you.
Darklord Dave said that the official position of the board is not to support recasts. I wonder whether posts showcasing recasts should even be allowed.

Do you happen to have a picture of the packaging box and foam? I'm curious to see how well the packaging was created.

Also, is it numbered?

The packaging box is good quailty hard cardboard box with black form (it's better than white styroform).

Yup, it's also numbered. Coloured s/n number engraved into golden metal plate which is at the bottom of the base. :D

Kinda of stealing in my opinion. Sideshow and the sculptor work hard and they should get a cut.

That's a bastardized Sideshow IM. They take all the rejected statues, fix them up or customize them and sell them. Anything to make a buck.

Well, let's put it this way, recast or not recast... as long as it's look good and you like it, just buy it..

You're buying it for yourself, not others.. so as long as you're happy with it, who cares. ;)

This is why I won't deal with most people from Asian countries.

The packaging box is good quailty hard cardboard box with black form (it's better than white styroform).

Yup, it's also numbered. Coloured s/n number engraved into golden metal plate which is at the bottom of the base. :D

Judging by the pics posted of the packaging, it looks as though the arms need to be attached before displaying. Is that right?

Judging by the pics posted of the packaging, it looks as though the arms need to be attached before displaying. Is that right?

I'm guessing it's just for the left arm since it changes out between the one holding the helmet and the one with an open hand.

There are so many tempting Gold-Red Iron Man Comiquette's (the football one, not standing up) on Ebay for good BIN prices from Singapore sellers!

I asked one for real pics and no answer.

Man I want one so bad but I simply can't get myself to buy one from the Orient after reading so many stories of fakes, especially when they don't even answer your emails.

I'm even bidding on a stealth right now being sold from NY.

Regarding this standing recast.

I'll admit that I probably would buy one because at least I know what it is from the start, a recast, meaning that yes i'm being naughty for buying one but my worry of it being a fake would not be there because I already know that i'm buying a fake, albeit a nice looking one.

But i'm also sure that if possible, SS and Marvel will probably go after the makers with all their legal powers.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, does anyone happen to have any pics of one of these next to a Cap or Thor PF?

Back