1/4 modern Iron Man, FTW!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is crazy shiny of awesomeness.

It's not too late, Corner Store has them, well, the Red edition and that's ok for me because I don't need the dual heads.

I like to display him as IM and not Stark.

Well I would think ur logic does make sense, sense I usually only get exclusives I find myself switching to heads I thought I'd never use on all my ex's just to switch things up a bit is always nice!

Switches of the month:

Red Skull: cube
Captain: old school Cap
Thing: closed mouth
Thor: bearded

Well I would think ur logic does make sense, sense I usually only get exclusives I find myself switching to heads I thought I'd never use on all my ex's just to switch things up a bit is always nice!

Switches of the month:

Red Skull: cube
Captain: old school Cap
Thing: closed mouth
Thor: bearded

Hmmm...true....it is nice to at least have that option...

Wanna laugh (or cringe) how much of a noob I was when I made my first SS purchase before I knew who they were, what they were about and how they were appreciated and what exactly it was that I was buying....I bought the Exc Wolverine from SS back in 2006 and the extra maskless head was thrown away not by accident BUT on purpose by me because it was just sitting there not being loved by me and my wife didn't know or care either what I had in my possession so I just threw it out thinking that it was stupid to have another head when all I wanted was his masked version!

:banghead:duh:banghead:duh

YES, I regret that every single day of my new SS appreciation life!

Every
Single
Day

Never again. Those 2nd heads are to be appreciated even in their decapitated state plus what it does to the value of the item when having the Exc verson, not that I would ever flip because these are all keepers for me.

Last edited:
IM Red-Gold now up to 2,800.00 on the bay.

I bet that even the SS owners and artists are looking at that saying:

"Heck, we wouldn't even pay that amount for it because it simply isn't worth it, we wonder what dummy would though especially since we sold it for $250.00"

I bought the Exc Wolverine from SS back in 2006 and the extra maskless head was thrown away not by accident BUT on purpose by me because it was just sitting there not being loved by me and my wife didn't know or care either what I had in my possession so I just threw it out thinking that it was stupid to have another head when all I wanted was his masked version!

DogFAIL.jpg

I know I'm going to catch some crap for saying this, especially without photographic evidence, but this statue is actually very good. The quality on the paint actually rivals that of the original Sideshow piece. The packaging is also very impressive for what would seem to be a smaller operation... it's more of a spongy black foam that's custom fit to the individual pieces. The base has a gold plate on the bottom, with the number etched in (14/50). Also,there's a print included, similar to that included with the AH comiquettes, with a pictures in the background of an upcoming War Machine statue.
The bad...
Unfortunately, the arm holding his helmet was damaged. The helmet and one of the fingers broke off of the hand and caused a few scratches in the paint. I'm still waiting to hear back about getting either a replacement arm or if they're just going to replace the whole statue.
All-around it's a pretty well done piece, even if it is just a reposed version of the original. Nay-sayers, bring it!!! It's a keeper.

I still don't see it. The proportions are clearly not right because of the fact that it is using the regular Iron Man Com pieces just posed at different angles. Im too much of an elitist for something like this in my collection.

I still don't see it. The proportions are clearly not right because of the fact that it is using the regular Iron Man Com pieces just posed at different angles. Im too much of an elitist for something like this in my collection.

Nash, you're a weiner. :gun

Honestly, I was a bit skeptical based on the pictures, but it really looks pretty darn good in person. I understand why someone might not want this in their collection, whatever the reason. I like it though, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Nash, you're a weiner. :gun

Honestly, I was a bit skeptical based on the pictures, but it really looks pretty darn good in person. I understand why someone might not want this in their collection, whatever the reason. I like it though, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

how much did you pay for one? And I take it from your previous post that this one is painted much better than the recast IM Com that you had awhile back?

I know I'm going to catch some crap for saying this, especially without photographic evidence, but this statue is actually very good. The quality on the paint actually rivals that of the original Sideshow piece. The packaging is also very impressive for what would seem to be a smaller operation... it's more of a spongy black foam that's custom fit to the individual pieces. The base has a gold plate on the bottom, with the number etched in (14/50). Also,there's a print included, similar to that included with the AH comiquettes, with a pictures in the background of an upcoming War Machine statue.
The bad...
Unfortunately, the arm holding his helmet was damaged. The helmet and one of the fingers broke off of the hand and caused a few scratches in the paint. I'm still waiting to hear back about getting either a replacement arm or if they're just going to replace the whole statue.
All-around it's a pretty well done piece, even if it is just a reposed version of the original. Nay-sayers, bring it!!! It's a keeper.

That ^^^^s. Mine came in mint condition and I was surprised how good the packaging was. Hopefully you wont have a problem getting a new one if need be.

That ^^^^s. Mine came in mint condition and I was surprised how good the packaging was. Hopefully you wont have a problem getting a new one if need be.

No problem at all, actually. I guess the pin/base on every arm is custom made for each statue so I just have to send back the arm so it can get a new helmet, hand, and paint.

No problem at all, actually. I guess the pin/base on every arm is custom made for each statue so I just have to send back the arm so it can get a new helmet, hand, and paint.

Don't worry, I think you'll get a replacement for the damaged piece. :D

Real quick,

the SIM and RG IM, what's inside the hole where the closed fist rests in.

Mine arrived and it has this small round thin film of a paper-cloth type substance with glue on the other side which is resting inside that hole but it was loose.

Does that paper stay in there?

Thank You

Yes, the piece of paper stays there. I believe it is for protecting the paint on the knuckles when placed against the base. It is definitely an improvement over the Red/Gold base because, if you aren't really careful putting him on, it can be easy to chip the paint there. Tiny bits around where the feet meet the base would have been useful, too, if they could have been colored black to not stand out.

Ryan

Back