1/4 Hot Toys - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett (Official HT Toy Soul Reveal)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys Boba Fett... or maybe 1/4?

I was 13 when ROTJ came out and I still loved it, though I could recognise its flaws. The previous two movies had perfect three act structures, ROTJ had two spectacular halves with a quiet bit in-between. The only scene with any tension was when they fly past the shuttle past Vader. And while I liked the Jabba sequence, the Endor sequence looked too much like Earth (though not as much as TPM) after the galactic scale and world-building of the first two. If they'd stuck with the original script, which had a lot of Coruscant in it, it would have fitted in better with the first two.

As for it looking cheap I think that's down to the film stock they used.

I was 13 too. I remember being excited about seeing ROTJ. But not as excited as I was with ANH (which I saw no less than 4 times) or ESB. I think it was because I was at a point where I was getting more into girls and metal than holding on to my childhood. I will say I do remember thinking the whole Ewok sequences were kinda cheesy and I do remember rolling my eyes at the whole kiddie feel to the movie. That is the point where I stopped being really interested in Star Wars as a whole. Amazing how after you pass those teen and young adult stages that it comes full circle.

1/4 Boba! :rock

If it were Luke, Leia or Han would be an instabuy. Maybe even Vader. This one's a 30/70. The only good thing is that at least there's another Star Wars 1/4 player. Other than Savage Opress I've passed on the last few Sideshow SW PFs. I'm going to focus on 1:6 for the time being.

Guess it is 1/4 Boba.

10854288_539416062828569_7710731985650205033_o.jpg

What people are failing to take into account is that Howard is 3'5".

I hope it's a full blown 1989 Keaton Bats in 1/4.

The 1/4 Keaton Batman prototype's propping open the men's room door at Secret Base. That's how highly Howard thinks of the license now.

Re: 1/4 Hot Toys - Star Wars - Boba Fett (Official HT Toy Soul Reveal)

Awesome! Looks like Another Iron Man too.

Looks great, but 1/6 better not be far behind.

God love all of you trying to collect this stuff. May your wallets and marriages rest in peace.

Damn, that looks fantastic. I saw a few people, last week, say that they didn't like the base but I don't get it. I think it's awesome and totally representative of ROTJ. Looks really, really good but I won't be crossing over into 1:4.

Hopefully since this is quarter scale, they wil release Boba's ESB look in 1:6. Really prefer that outfit and it'll ensure I don't break down and buy a 1:6 ROTJ Boba, if they opt to release that first.

Just saw this on FB too. Can't wait to see other poses of Boba. Might be my first 1/4.

Wonder if the Mk 42 BD is also Diecast? I'm assuming so?

Just saw this on FB too. Can't wait to see other poses of Boba. Might be my first 1/4.

Wonder if the Mk 42 BD is also Diecast? I'm assuming so?
Isn't that Mark 43 (42 being primarily gold)? Guessing that's the first Avengers AoU figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back