1/4 Hot Toys QS07 Iron Man 3: Iron Man Mark XLII Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
production figure at secret base.

mk 42 1.jpg
mk 42 2.jpg

020938fiq3y5cqj57cu377.jpg

020537d5c5ezaebcqq9uea.jpg

not my pictures

Jesus!!! [emoji31][emoji31]
The eyes are off. There is no "angle".
Also the 43's eyes have a slight defect but this one's too much noticeable...[emoji20][emoji20]
Whhhhhyyyyy????? [emoji31][emoji31][emoji31][emoji31][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji20]

Is it just me or the gold colour of the prototype looked better? I should stop knocking this as I have it on pre-order...

Anyone get a shipping notice on this one? Sideshow just sent me an email that Friday Feb 17 is shipping day.

Wow, very quick turnaround, maybe the quickest I've seen.

Nice!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Yup the gold on prototype does look better, judging by the photos posted here. Let's hope the real thing turns out to be just as good.
*pre-ordered mine as well

I asked Budget Stark about the eyes on the sculpt on youtube. His reponse:

"[the eyes are] Not derpy. It is that the camera has 1 focal point, whereas when you see it with your eyes, you have 2 focal points. When you get close to the headsculpt, the eyes will be looking slight different directions as the camera is too close. From around 6 inches or more away from the headsculpt, it is fine."

So sounds like it's safe to say that pictures will not be forgiving but in person it looks as intended. Not a qc issue.

I think this is why they go with dead stares most of the time. When the eyes are painted to be looking at something specific they won't quite look right from some angles.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I asked Budget Stark about the eyes on the sculpt on youtube. His reponse:

"[the eyes are] Not derpy. It is that the camera has 1 focal point, whereas when you see it with your eyes, you have 2 focal points. When you get close to the headsculpt, the eyes will be looking slight different directions as the camera is too close. From around 6 inches or more away from the headsculpt, it is fine."

So sounds like it's safe to say that pictures will not be forgiving but in person it looks as intended. Not a qc issue.

They said the same thing for the 43's 1/4 head sculpt. The imperfection is there.
I have it in hand and it is clearly measurable.
This one too,only worse. It is clear in every video.
I'll have it in hand next week and take some pictures before sending the head to be "eyes repaired".

They said the same thing for the 43's 1/4 head sculpt. The imperfection is there.
I have it in hand and it is clearly measurable.
This one too,only worse. It is clear in every video.
I'll have it in hand next week and take some pictures before sending the head to be "eyes repaired".

Will they actually replace the headsculpt for you if it is deemed defective? Do a certain amount of people need to ask for it?

No that's not what I meant.
I'll send the head to a professional to straight out the eyes.

No that's not what I meant.
I'll send the head to a professional to straight out the eyes.

I gotcha. How much does something like that run? You're right, that is ****** at this price point to have to do something like that.

Jesus of all things to complain about...that's not that big of a deal. If you think those eyes are "derpy" then you truly haven't seen some pieces that really have derpy eyes.

Jesus of all things to complain about...that's not that big of a deal. If you think those eyes are "derpy" then you truly haven't seen some pieces that really have derpy eyes.

Why should I justify an error because someone else has made an even bigger error?? Where is the login in that?
For THAT price eyes should have been ok (if not perfect...). I don't think we are asking too much.
It is not a deal breaker for me but I'm not happy for sure...

Back