1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
北京国安;9837990 said:
Custom cape for QS009

ee4ee8d7df6347ccd3270c044359ca94.jpg

d570205eb12b615169441faee07e71f4.jpg

cdb4ef1663fb8bbf6be3f56196439245.jpg

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Makes a big difference when you have the right cape. Just put the figure in a whole new level. Looking beautiful!

I think this figure looks better as the first night out vigilante Bruce than it does Batman, I can see why collectors are choosing it, especially if they have the Enterbay and NECA.

BUT, if I was going to have a 1/4 piece of an iconic character, I'd want it to be Batman in all of his glory, not some generic look from a minute long scene where Christian Bale is running around with a stapler and getting ****ed up on fire escapes. A smaller 6", 7" or 12" figure of this look I can see, but an 18" figure of such a lame look for "Batman" seems borderline frivolous in such a large format such as quarter scale. The look doesn't really scream "show piece", know what I mean?

That and the fact that the big ass Batsymbol being on there isn't accurate and doesn't make sense in the context of this version of the character in prototype form. :lol

On a side note in regards to the ugly gauntlets on this thing, I always found it bizarre how Bruce simply spraying on the liquid black latex somehow got rid of the intricate metal sketch decorations that were on his League of Shadow gloves. Doesn't make any sense. I thought they looked great as is, especially the knuckle protectors that were attached to the bracers and glove. Should have left it as is for Batman's final look in the film, they looked awesome and would have made Batman look cooler.

IMG_9878.JPG

I can see why companies like Hot Toys take artistic liberties by not giving him the glossy jet black gauntlets against a dull matte black suit/gloves look. While it's accurate to the film, it makes Batman look really, really cheap.

I love most of the Batman Begins costume, it's one of my favorite Bat suits but those cheap Rubbermaid Martha Stewart kitchen gloves along with the rubber looking gauntlets just always looked stupid to me.

IMG_9879.JPG

The first night out look just makes him look even more rubbery.

I want a Batman that looks like he's ready to beat the **** out of criminals, not scrub a toilet.

Man I'm so amped up for this figure! This might seem a bit too (ok maybe more) outlandish or this class of figure, but I'd like to pose it hanging from the ceiling with the cape sprawled out when he glides in the film; it'd look tremendous :thud:

seMNixq.jpg

If this was my only Batman Begins figure of course I'd display him in the full on Batman look. Since I have that covered with the EB I don't see what is wrong with displaying him in this alternate look. It's far from 'lame'.

Usually the Bale sculpts end up staying in the box and that feels like a waste. For once it's cool to be able to use it. The awesome cowl I'll copy Dean Knight and use it on the NECA figure.

So according to all those great videos, this Hot Toys one is the weakest of the three quarter scale figures.

Hot toys didn't put any effort into this release, especially when you compare it to the QS001 Dark Knight where they went all out. No eye options on an immobile character that desperately needs it. Mediocre face plate choices. Crappy cape. Another awful cape clip system. Ugly gauntlets. Rubber suit that looks like it belongs in a Schumacher Batman flick.

But hey, it's got a hunky cowl! Figure of the year material here.

Modifications on the 1/6 Begins figures where you're stuffing cotton here or there or buying a nice velvet $30 cape here never bugged me, but all the mods required to make this thing look decent is kind of insulting for $500. Swap crappy mouthplates with better faces from a superior figure, throw the cape away and buy an expensive custom cape, glue the gauntlets and/or paint them, etc. etc. and you might have a decent display. Just seems like too much work and money going into something that has little to no value. After numerous attempts at this guy since 2006, they still can't get it right. They still make stands that destroy the crotches of rubber suited figures. Dean Knight hasn't even had his for a week and it's gotten ****ed up.

I don't get why people try to hype this thing up as the second coming. If the "Hot Toys" name and logo weren't attached to this thing, I doubt it would be lauded over. It's so generic on it own. You don't get a nice cape and can't pose it like you can with the NECA and it doesn't have the accuracy, presence, display options and realism of the Enterbay? But it costs more than both of them combined? Why? It's also funny how people were defending the Hot Toys faces saying they looked good and looked like Bale until videos and pics of it with the Enterbay faces popped up. So other than the cowl sculpt, what's good about this figure again? :lol

EDIT:

And I see jokes about the "Elvis" mouth plate, but honestly, of the three that's the only good one and the only one that actually looks like Bale. He made that goofy mouth while talking all the time. That, the cowl and I guess the metal batarangs seem like the only real positives to come out of this thing.

Maybe this would have worked better as a 1/4 scale bust . . .

View attachment 417487

People hype up crappy figures because they've either been waiting a long while to get whatever figure it is and want to tell themselves its good or they've already spent the money on said figure and try to make excuses for why things aren't good. Like comparing it to enterbays few shortcomings and saying, "see look, enterbay isn't accurate here, so its OK that its not accurate on this figure." Or both reasons.
Look at threads like the Jedi Luke. Its a pretty mediocre figure, say anything bad about it and you're branded a hater. No I just want a figure worth $235.

Enterbay and Neca can suck it, this is the best high end Batman Begins figure ever made, phenomenal work Hot Toy’s

B36F742C-01E8-4D03-9250-521865071FD2.jpeg4C63114C-8C81-4E72-B0D1-30B25E595531.jpegE8694626-1523-4B30-914A-A5E15FE2ECA0.jpeg

Can someone get me the measurements from the bottom of the base to the tips of his cowl, I'm making a shelf and I want to make sure I have enough space between the shelves.

Yes but it feels very much like the 'B' option to pose him like that. The Enterbay still seems to claim the 'hero' configuration.

Not gonna argue with you there. I still feel this is a good middle ground figure though, although it certainly doesnt carry a middle ground price. If this was the only Begins piece around at this scale I'd be pretty stoked about it.

Enterbay and Neca can suck it, this is the best high end Batman Begins figure ever made, phenomenal work Hot Toy’s . . .

Proceeded by pics of it modded out with nice custom capes draping and hiding most of it's flaws and an Enterbay mouthpiece and cape clips. :lol

北京国安;9837990 said:
Custom cape for QS009

ee4ee8d7df6347ccd3270c044359ca94.jpg

d570205eb12b615169441faee07e71f4.jpg

cdb4ef1663fb8bbf6be3f56196439245.jpg

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Where can I buy this cape?
I am from Taiwan.
Really wanna get this cape.

Proceeded by pics of it modded out with nice custom capes draping and hiding most of it's flaws and an Enterbay mouthpiece and cape clips. :lol

The EB also needs a custom cape lets not forget. Their mouth plates are better than HT no doubt but it was hardly a home run. Looks awesome cloaked but with the harness on it would really expose the poor body proportions where the HT figure shines.

Despite the initial hate I reckon most will be impressed with the Bale sculpt in hand.

Despite the initial hate I reckon most will be impressed with the Bale sculpt in hand.

From the head comparison video, the Bruce headsculpt has grown on me alot. I'm digging it, way more than the neutral and yelling mouthplates. I just don't like the dark, soul less "dead eyes" that are common on so many Hot Toys figures.

Dean Knight,

Every time you post a video, I buy something, in this case, I just bought the Neca 1/4 scale Batman Begins figure. Amazing Frankenstein’ing Batman Begins figure. Can’t wait to try this custom based on your video:

The Ultimate Batman Begins Figure!

Thanks for sharing, it’s pretty incredible

(I also bought the Wonder Woman Training Version because of your videos)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can this Hot Toys Batman head not be tilted down as far as the Enterbay one? Watching Dean's reviews and the position and shape of the cowl of the Enterbay looks spot on, it doesn't seem like this one can do that?

Can this Hot Toys Batman head not be tilted down as far as the Enterbay one? Watching Dean's reviews and the position and shape of the cowl of the Enterbay looks spot on, it doesn't seem like this one can do that?

The head can be tilted some but not as far as Enterbays. The chest has a nice crunch so you can cheat and get him leaning forward that way.

Back