1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks awesome. He should do some poses with the weapons and accessories.

I wish he’d have got a shot of the figure in that crouched/kneeling pose that Bale used when Gordon was taking out the garbage/Rachel tased him/he did his “it’s not who I am underneath” speech. It seems like that’s the only body you can accomplish it with.

Watched Begins again last night. It's a very good film but I have to say - the fighting sucks. I thought it sucked at the time and it still sucks now. What Nolan thought was brutal and gritty is actually just confusing and annoying, I'm sorry. I like to have a clue wtf is going on in a fight scene. Nolan's fight scenes are just a jumble of extreme close-up cuts with flailing arms. Buncha s***e.

The film has oomph though. Great development of Batman's motivation and an excellent closing scene that I wouldn't change. Zimmer's score is very good too. I was always a massive fan of the Elfman theme but it probably wouldn't have suited this film series.

Anyway, I watched the film to see if it would push me over into buying this figure...it hasn't. My desire to not spend money has proven stronger. Me from 5 years ago truly would not believe where I'm at now as far as this hobby.

Some awesome poses in Dean's latest video!

I notice he has the EB belt on the figure. How does the NECA belt detach?

That's fantastic. The joints wouldn't bother me, easily forgiven by my brain when I'm not looking at human skin. What would slightly annoy me even though it's not visibly apparent is the Hot Toys head not being secured to the NECA body by anything more than, what, magnets and the cape (incorrectly placed over the back of the cowl) - ideally they could be more properly fitted together.

And the fact it requires ingredients from 3 different figures makes it decidedly unideal for most of us.

The EB also needs a custom cape lets not forget. Their mouth plates are better than HT no doubt but it was hardly a home run. Looks awesome cloaked but with the harness on it would really expose the poor body proportions where the HT figure shines.

Despite the initial hate I reckon most will be impressed with the Bale sculpt in hand.

I wouldn't say "NEED". IMO, the EB Batman's stock cape is very good particularly the way it drapes that some people even use it on their QS001. The custom capes are OPTIONAL for the EB Batman. Now QS001, that's one that does need a better cape. I can't tell about QS009 since I don't have it. The EB mouthplates though? Well, they all are a home run to me @ EB's first try on Bale and his Batman.

Anyway, after watching all of Dean Knight's videos I thought that this figure is a must if you want a 1/4 scale representation of the Begins suit and don't have neither NECA's nor EB's version. If you have NECA's and want a higher-end version, then maybe get this. If you have EB's and are wondering if you should spend another half grand to replace it with the new (I'm calling it new instead of an upgrade), I'd say no need. Considering EB's price vs HTs while neither is perfect anyway, it's better to stick with what you have and save that cash.

So, I had a thought, seeing as how the NECA is completely sculpted in plastic and not a rubber suit: how difficult would it be to sand off the bat on his chest and repaint it?

If this was my only Batman Begins figure of course I'd display him in the full on Batman look. Since I have that covered with the EB I don't see what is wrong with displaying him in this alternate look. It's far from 'lame'.

Usually the Bale sculpts end up staying in the box and that feels like a waste. For once it's cool to be able to use it. The awesome cowl I'll copy Dean Knight and use it on the NECA figure.

It's your figure. You can display it however you wish without the need to justify to anyone at all. :joy

Eh, I think the fact he's now posting a lot of videos as this being the ultimate Begins figure is an insult towards the Hot Toys version - I was sort of just below the fence on buying it, but I wasn't wowed by anything I've seen, but the fact that people are thinking a plastic articulated figure with clear joints is the best just solidifies for me to pass. It's a shame, I want a 1/4 Batman and Joker, and am doubtful we'll get another 1/4 Batman figure.

Eh, I think the fact he's now posting a lot of videos as this being the ultimate Begins figure is an insult towards the Hot Toys version - I was sort of just below the fence on buying it, but I wasn't wowed by anything I've seen, but the fact that people are thinking a plastic articulated figure with clear joints is the best just solidifies for me to pass. It's a shame, I want a 1/4 Batman and Joker, and am doubtful we'll get another 1/4 Batman figure.

Ultimate in the sense that it combines elements of the high end realistic HT/EB figures with the articulation of the NECA. Hardly an insult.

No figure using a rubber/pvc suit is going to match the articulation of exposed plastic joints. That's always the trade off. He's managed to create something that has the best elements of both.

Some awesome poses in Dean's latest video!

I notice he has the EB belt on the figure. How does the NECA belt detach?

Damn i love the shape and look of that HT cowl...

I wouldn't say "NEED". IMO, the EB Batman's stock cape is very good particularly the way it drapes that some people even use it on their QS001. The custom capes are OPTIONAL for the EB Batman. Now QS001, that's one that does need a better cape. I can't tell about QS009 since I don't have it. The EB mouthplates though? Well, they all are a home run to me @ EB's first try on Bale and his Batman.

Anyway, after watching all of Dean Knight's videos I thought that this figure is a must if you want a 1/4 scale representation of the Begins suit and don't have neither NECA's nor EB's version. If you have NECA's and want a higher-end version, then maybe get this. If you have EB's and are wondering if you should spend another half grand to replace it with the new (I'm calling it new instead of an upgrade), I'd say no need. Considering EB's price vs HTs while neither is perfect anyway, it's better to stick with what you have and save that cash.

Agree completely...

Ultimate in the sense that it combines elements of the high end realistic HT/EB figures with the articulation of the NECA. Hardly an insult.

No figure using a rubber/pvc suit is going to match the articulation of exposed plastic joints. That's always the trade off. He's managed to create something that has the best elements of both.

I love the mash-up....you can't beat Neca for articulation and the HT cowl works great with it..

I'll be putting the HT cowl on the EB bats....and have the HT displayed with the first night out look...

I love the mash-up....you can't beat Neca for articulation and the HT cowl works great with it..

I'll be putting the HT cowl on the EB bats....and have the HT displayed with the first night out look...

Don't think that's possible...not without some kind of modification anyway.

When are we anticipating SS to start shipping?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing as I haven't ordered from SS before. I'm betting on mid-August.

I wonder if HT gives Nolan a figure every time they produce one.

Yeah whenever they make any figure I've wondered if they send it out to the actor who portrays the character. Probably not unless the actor specifically requests it lol, unlikely but some are obviously aware of Hot Toys as every so often a picture of the actor holding their Hot Toys comes up.

I’d be wary of free figures to actors after watching what Harrison Ford did to the Han Solo ANH figure back in 2015. I still haven’t fully recovered from that scene.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Makes loads of difference with a decent cape.

7EC21986-2275-4015-8BB8-1747A0B8202A.jpgF7724F03-EF45-46E1-B3EA-4FEBDFFA8B86.jpg

Back