1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Number Six, any chance you can post a pic of your 1/4 Batman Begins Batman figure, with the cape wrapped around him?

I?ve never seeen EB so maybe I?m completely wrong.
It sees you!
Qy192Svl.jpg

:wink1:

Hey Number Six, any chance you can post a pic of your 1/4 Batman Begins Batman figure, with the cape wrapped around him?

Actually I don?t think that the stock cape is designed for that pose. Or maybe it needs some work on it. What I?d like to do is to move the magnets inside the suit, then the cape will sit like in the movie, but I?m not feeling so brave at the moment.
Anyway the stand is from a 1/6 figure but the metal part is from Qs009.

9e0eb92ff3d906342996ec1bcd7500fd.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks for the pic Number Six! :) [and you're probably right, about the stock cape not being designed to be wrapped around Batman, by looking at the cape near the shoulders, it doesn't appear to want to wrap around him any further than it does in the pic].

I watched Begins last night (haven't watched it in awhile). As much as I love TDK I think BB is on par with it. The BB suit looks great in the film too.

Very much agreed!!! BB is in my top favorite superhero movies, as well as my favorite in the trilogy. While both suits look great, the Begins suit looks the most Batman to me of the two.

Batman Begins is still my favorite movie Batsuit, just eeks out the 1st Burton suit. A little more real world over the '89 Keaton suite. Didn't care for the armor look in TDK & TDKR. And the Batfleck suit was ok, but he was way too big and bulky.

I finally got around to unboxing this today after buying it last month. Sadly, I found the Jaxon cape that was included has two right clips--instead of a left and a right. This means that one clip appears upside down when the cape is attached, pretty much ruining the look. Other than this error, the Jaxon cape looks good, but it's very noticeable.

I'm going to have a buy a new custom cape, I guess. The stock one is a no-go. Apparently Lucky (Unreal Customs) is also working on one. Maybe I'll wait to see what his looks like.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I finally got around to unboxing this today after buying it last month. Sadly, I found the Jaxon cape that was included has two right clips--instead of a left and a right. This means that one clip appears upside down when the cape is attached, pretty much ruining the look. Other than this error, the Jaxon cape looks good, but it's very noticeable.

I'm going to have a buy a new custom cape, I guess. The stock one is a no-go. Apparently Lucky (Unreal Customs) is also working on one. Maybe I'll wait to see what his looks like.

Why not ask Jaxon to fix it?

I suspect the cost of shipping it to him, then back to me, plus whatever fee he would charge to correct it (as I am not the original buyer) would probably approach the cost of a whole new cape.

This is a fun figure to shoot. The Begins suit is by no means perfect, but I always loved the shapes in the cowl and the way the lighting could completely change the expression. Better than any other cowl, it really brings an otherworldly look. You get a lot of depth and interplay of shadow and light from those shapes.

The TDK cowl looked much more consistent (it didn't bend and get bloated based on the position of Bale's head the way this cowl did) but its streamlined design lost a little depth in those shapes, particularly in the cheekbones.
78e4eeaadaea32712bf83f4cb19c3045.jpg
c5665bd0afb8a27bb2f105639070691c.jpg

This is a fun figure to shoot. The Begins suit is by no means perfect, but I always loved the shapes in the cowl and the way the lighting could completely change the expression. Better than any other cowl, it really brings an otherworldly look. You get a lot of depth and interplay of shadow and light from those shapes.

The TDK cowl looked much more consistent (it didn't bend and get bloated based on the position of Bale's head the way this cowl did) but its streamlined design lost a little depth in those shapes, particularly in the cheekbones.

Love this shot.

I went ahead and asked him about it, tried to explain the problem twice and even sent pictures, but he didn't seem to understand the issue and thought I had somehow just attached the cape wrong. Possibly a bit of a language barrier.

It's not a big deal; I don't expect him to provide service for a cape I'm not the original buyer of anyway. Going to wait and see what Unreal makes, I think.

78e4eeaadaea32712bf83f4cb19c3045.jpg

Mighty fine photos! Agree with your assessment of the suit.

I went ahead and asked him about it, tried to explain the problem twice and even sent pictures, but he didn't seem to understand the issue and thought I had somehow just attached the cape wrong. Possibly a bit of a language barrier.

It's not a big deal; I don't expect him to provide service for a cape I'm not the original buyer of anyway. Going to wait and see what Unreal makes, I think.

Can you post those pictures here?

Back