1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have any images of the QS009 Batman Begins Bruce Wayne head sculpt on the Neca 1/4 Batman Begins body (with harness as well if possible)?

Guess you'll have to be the first to try it!

Maybe! But then again, may just get the QS009. I'm only interested in the harness look from Batman Begins, not the actual caped look, so have no real inclination to get the whole Hot Toys set (already have the Bale head). But only Hot Toys have included the harness, and their head sculpt and harness will obviously look better and more natural on their own body, so may just get that.

I made the first night out look with the Hot Toys head and an Enterbay Body. You have to trim the neck a lot to get it to fit right, NECA appears to fit similarly.

Attachments

• 287B4BBA-618C-49CF-9A36-1018C1889DC5.jpeg
    287B4BBA-618C-49CF-9A36-1018C1889DC5.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 27
  • CE7FE00F-712F-4DCC-A96B-C22CB1287379.jpeg
    CE7FE00F-712F-4DCC-A96B-C22CB1287379.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 27
Just picked this guy up! I feel like I’ve heard of issues with the stand damaging the suit. Any advice to avoid that?

Just picked this guy up! I feel like I’ve heard of issues with the stand damaging the suit. Any advice to avoid that?
Yeah the little rubber crotch grabber points can leave small indents in the rubber of the suit. I just make sure that gabber is a little lower between his legs and not pressing too hard into the suit. He's pretty stable standing on his own, so you don't really need that piece embedded in his er... groin, or whatever.

Yeah the little rubber crotch grabber points can leave small indents in the rubber of the suit. I just make sure that gabber is a little lower between his legs and not pressing too hard into the suit. He's pretty stable standing on his own, so you don't really need that piece embedded in his er... groin, or whatever.

Yeah from what I recall, I didn't slide the cradle up too much, just enough to reach the mid-thigh. Plus I also wrapped it with foam for good measure.

Yeah from what I recall, I didn't slide the cradle up too much, just enough to reach the mid-thigh. Plus I also wrapped it with foam for good measure.

That's not just some piece of foam you found, right? It should be archival safe (so nothing harmful like CFC, chlorine, acid, etc.) if it's making direct contact with your figure.

I'm sure whatever you're using hasn't harmed the figure, but maybe also don't use random foam. It's why some foam melts or sticks onto collectibles if left in contact for long periods.

That's not just some piece of foam you found, right? It should be archival safe (so nothing harmful like CFC, chlorine, acid, etc.) if it's making direct contact with your figure.

I'm sure whatever you're using hasn't harmed the figure, but maybe also don't use random foam. It's why some foam melts or sticks onto collectibles if left in contact for long periods.

Lol I had extra foam that TA uses for packing and just cut some strips and worked well. I had mine displayed for a long while and it didn't cause anything at all. But yeah I've read up on how some types of foam can cause adverse effects, which would be bad :lol

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I've been tinkering for the past few weeks with this figure and have made some mods. Trying to get closer to the screen accurate finish and style. Still on the look out for a darker more velvet cape. The matte finish I applied to the suit was pretty subtle, but it knocked back the shine a bit and helped marry the finish between the head and the body better. Plus, glossing up the gauntlets help make the suit appear more matte in contrast.

- Custom cape by Jaxxon
- interior body mod to torso, to allow arms to sit closer to body
- interior body mod to traps, to remove gap between traps and cowl
- Refinished entire suit with matte finish
- Refinished gauntlets with semi gloss finish

2.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 11.49.29 PM.png

Last edited:
Bringing this thread back from the dead. I've been tinkering for the past few weeks with this figure and have made some mods. Trying to get closer to the screen accurate finish and style. Still on the look out for a darker more velvet cape. The matte finish I applied to the suit was pretty subtle, but it knocked back the shine a bit and helped marry the finish between the head and the body better. Plus, glossing up the gauntlets help make the suit appear more matte in contrast.

- Custom cape by Jaxxon
- interior body mod to torso, to allow arms to sit closer to body
- interior body mod to traps, to remove gap between traps and cowl
- Refinished entire suit with matte finish
- Refinished gauntlets with semi gloss finish

View attachment 617386
View attachment 617387
View attachment 617392

View attachment 617388

View attachment 617389

:clap:clap:clap:clap

Nice work. What did you use to pad the traps out?
I used folded cardstock between the body and the suit. But foam, cotton, etc. would probably all work just as well. It's more just finesse and trial and error to make sure you don't get any odd lumps.

Just picked this up and am happy overall but the suit is a tad too glossy and a real dust magnet.

Is there a safe way to matte up the suit while removing the sticky rubber feel of the suit?

For those of you who own the hot toys Batman Begins 1/4 Batman, i just want to ask, have the magnets on the clips for the stock cape that connect the cape to the body ever lost their magnetism, or do they stay attached to the neck area, without falling off the body?

Back