1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if already asked, but has anyone tried to paint the gauntlets in a shinier tone to make the suit look less glossy?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

"You never learned to mind your surroundings."

1BwUtiY.jpg

Is this worth it. I?m hesitant on getting it

Well for me it's a fantastic figure, and despite some things others (plus myself) have expressed should have been included, I think it's a great representation of Batman Begins. I'd say if you really, really enjoy the film and have to have a figure from it go for it. It'd be great if a few more options were out there but it seems not many companies are taking on the BB suit.

Changed the base and it looks better. I also rewatched the movie today and the colour is not that wrong. Still tempted by the Enterbay but to me this looks great.

f573f2a910d58580880e4f4fb5730558.jpg

Changed the base and it looks better. I also rewatched the movie today and the colour is not that wrong. Still tempted by the Enterbay but to me this looks great.

f573f2a910d58580880e4f4fb5730558.jpg

Nice, what stand is that?

I think they made a pretty clear decision to replicate the look of the suit in the final scene of the film. It always looked a little shinier there, and even fitted slightly different in the cowl, thpughayne it's just a trick of the lighting.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Nice, what stand is that?

I think they made a pretty clear decision to replicate the look of the suit in the final scene of the film. It always looked a little shinier there, and even fitted slightly different in the cowl, thpughayne it's just a trick of the lighting.

It?s a partially customized ESB Boba Fett stand.

Iv got both enterbay and the hot toys versions, the enterbay is amazing.
4 headsculpts? All amazing & who would do that now?
Without a doubt one of my favourite figures but I still really like the hot toys version.
They captured the panther neck better & the figure has more bulk to it, like bale had in begins. Where as the enterbay version is more slim lined more an idealised version.
Basically buy both of them [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this worth it. I?m hesitant on getting it

I have it, and I honestly regret choosing it over the Enterbay. I’m sure the QC on this is better but Enterbay’s figure looks just like Bale in the suit. It really hit when I saw him on display at a local comic shop a few months after the Hot Toys figure arrived. :lol

Personally, I feel the HT masked headsculpt has the better likeness, but it's really close. I think the likeness for this figure is a challenge because, truly, Bale looked very different scene to scene, especially given how his weight fluctuated during filming.

I also think the HT piece has the overall more accurate shape to it, as far as the cowl and suit go.

There are two big misses on the HT figure, and those are the cape and the finish.

To talk about the finish: anyone who followed the film closely knows that the Begins suit had a matte charcoal finish, and that the symbol, guantlets and (maybe?) the cowl had a somewhat glossier finish. This is very evident in the various promo photos of the suit, though it is admittedly less evident on film where the suit is often filmed in rainy or humid conditions and it has the gloss of moisture all over it. Then, in the final scene, the suit appears very glossy, almost polished--probably just a trick of the light, but I know many fans feel it looked it's best in this scene.

Anyways, the Enterbay suit has the most accurate finish to the true prop. I think they missed to boat on making the chest symbol glossier, but I don't own the piece so I'm just going on what I've seen. Bottom line, though, is that if you look at the neutral lighting promo shoots, the Enterbay colour and texture is pretty much bang on.

The Hot Toys suit, in my opinion, is a somewhat idealized version that seems more concerned with trying to achieve how the suit appeared in some of the iconic scenes. As I said earlier, I imagine that the final rooftop scene was the creative direction for the Hot Toys piece, but that's just my speculation. The semi-gloss finish is certainly not prop accurate, but you could rationalize that it looks true to how the suit looked under the lighting and effects conditions in certain scenes.

The other big problem is the cape. Hot Toys inexplicably chose to have the cape drape back permanently. This is almost inexcusable and demands the purchase of a custom cape (I got lucky and got a Jaxon cape included with mine). It boggles the mind why they would do something so inaccurate and limiting on what should be a definitive piece.

Ultimately, I think collectors should purchase the one that best matches how they remember the suit on film. For me, what made me buy the HT version was the masked likeness with the signature Bale snarl mouthplate. That's what I see in my head when I think about this film. I also, frankly, liked the inaccurate cape clip placement on the HT suit and the inaccurate cut of the cowl where it meets the collarbone, because I think it corrects the sloppier look of the actual prop suit.

Although I wish the finish of the suit was matte, I decided I liked the somewhat idealized aspects of the HT piece. Your mileage may vary.

Personally, I feel the HT masked headsculpt has the better likeness, but it's really close. I think the likeness for this figure is a challenge because, truly, Bale looked very different scene to scene, especially given how his weight fluctuated during filming.

I also think the HT piece has the overall more accurate shape to it, as far as the cowl and suit go.

There are two big misses on the HT figure, and those are the cape and the finish.

To talk about the finish: anyone who followed the film closely knows that the Begins suit had a matte charcoal finish, and that the symbol, guantlets and (maybe?) the cowl had a somewhat glossier finish. This is very evident in the various promo photos of the suit, though it is admittedly less evident on film where the suit is often filmed in rainy or humid conditions and it has the gloss of moisture all over it. Then, in the final scene, the suit appears very glossy, almost polished--probably just a trick of the light, but I know many fans feel it looked it's best in this scene.

Anyways, the Enterbay suit has the most accurate finish to the true prop. I think they missed to boat on making the chest symbol glossier, but I don't own the piece so I'm just going on what I've seen. Bottom line, though, is that if you look at the neutral lighting promo shoots, the Enterbay colour and texture is pretty much bang on.

The Hot Toys suit, in my opinion, is a somewhat idealized version that seems more concerned with trying to achieve how the suit appeared in some of the iconic scenes. As I said earlier, I imagine that the final rooftop scene was the creative direction for the Hot Toys piece, but that's just my speculation. The semi-gloss finish is certainly not prop accurate, but you could rationalize that it looks true to how the suit looked under the lighting and effects conditions in certain scenes.

The other big problem is the cape. Hot Toys inexplicably chose to have the cape drape back permanently. This is almost inexcusable and demands the purchase of a custom cape (I got lucky and got a Jaxon cape included with mine). It boggles the mind why they would do something so inaccurate and limiting on what should be a definitive piece.

Ultimately, I think collectors should purchase the one that best matches how they remember the suit on film. For me, what made me buy the HT version was the masked likeness with the signature Bale snarl mouthplate. That's what I see in my head when I think about this film. I also, frankly, liked the inaccurate cape clip placement on the HT suit and the inaccurate cut of the cowl where it meets the collarbone, because I think it corrects the sloppier look of the actual prop suit.

Although I wish the finish of the suit was matte, I decided I liked the somewhat idealized aspects of the HT piece. Your mileage may vary.

Interesting to read. Actually the cape is not a problem for me. I always planned to pose my Batman with the cape behind the shoulders as in the pic I posted. About the colour, yes, HT may not be so accurate, but, at least in most of the pictures, Enterbay looks too grey, gauntlets are wrong and the difference of tone between the suit and the cowl looks inaccurate. But, as I said, I?ve never seeen EB so maybe I?m completely wrong.

All very good points, and agree, I think it boils down to preference. I've only the HT version but I'm not too bothered by all the nuances, I'm just happy to have a piece from BB! :)

Back