1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked this up and am happy overall but the suit is a tad too glossy and a real dust magnet.

Is there a safe way to matte up the suit while removing the sticky rubber feel of the suit?
I literally posted this mod on this same page, lol. Just look up.

I'm still looking for a more accurate velvet or flocked drape cape if anyone has suggestions? Plus I'm really excited to get an OT Customs new cowl with moveable eyes for this guy. The HT headsculpt just ruins this for me right now.

DSCF5621.jpg

For those here who own this, are you able to remove the cowl, then attach the cape, placing parts of the cape over the top of the hole where the cowl goes, so when you attach the cowl to the neck area, the cowl is holding down the cape? [ in case the magnets used to hold down the cape lose their strength over time]. If possible, please be sure to post pics of the cowl holding down the cape.Cheers! :)

I'm still looking for a more accurate velvet or flocked drape cape if anyone has suggestions? Plus I'm really excited to get an OT Customs new cowl with moveable eyes for this guy. The HT headsculpt just ruins this for me right now.

View attachment 654410

Haha I'm not sure about any sort of capes, I'm still contemplating going for a custom cape 😅 I think the cowl sculpt is still great in my opinion, but agreed, it should have had the rolling eyes feature for sure. I wish HT shrunk this down for their most recent 1/6 BB instead of a reissue of a much older figure.

For those here who own this, are you able to remove the cowl, then attach the cape, placing parts of the cape over the top of the hole where the cowl goes, so when you attach the cowl to the neck area, the cowl is holding down the cape? [ in case the magnets used to hold down the cape lose their strength over time]. If possible, please be sure to post pics of the cowl holding down the cape.Cheers! :)

I wish I could help, but mine are stored away 😅 Last I remember the magnets did a good job holding the cape in place, and I've had it displayed for a while.

I tried the Jaxon cape and the Unreal cape. The Jaxon cape was too thin and did not have the right texture--plus, the lack of magnetic clips was a downside. However, it draped extremely well. Meanwhile, the magnetic clips on the unreal cape were nice, though I found it difficult to position the cape the way I wanted to without the cape falling off. Also, the material was a little too shiny in my opinion.

Oaty used to make a 1/4 cape that looked great, but I believe it was designed for the Enterbay figure--so I wasn't sure how you would handle the clips and never got one.

Back