1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now the new 42 have release, will you all consider to order it in view it is only change color with the same suit, battle damage parts and base different.:lecture

now the new 42 have release, will you all consider to order it in view it is only change color with the same suit, battle damage parts and base different.:lecture

Abso-fricken-lutely! Actually, I already ordered the deluxe version from SS. Will probably be impatient like with every IM release though and buy it when it releases directly from Hong Kong.

not anymore? I just checked the website

It went 20% off at PCP but still ended up $520 due to shipping & paypal conversion. I got it cheapest at midtown comics where I got 20% when I used their app. Shipping is around $50 so it ended up at $488.

Popcultcha still has it. When they had the 20% off sale for Queens Birthday it was rediculously cheap...

Thanks for the tip. I was able to find and purchase it from Forbidden Planet at original retail. This is my first step into the 1/4 world. Kind of scary lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. I was able to find and purchase it from Forbidden Planet at original retail. This is my first step into the 1/4 world. Kind of scary lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
With Iron Man specifically, 1/4 is other worldly good. I don't own the batman or boba in quarter scale, but to me Iron Man is a different beast in 1/4. Sweet spot.

Enjoy!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I have one for sale just asking $520 shipped. It was only removed and displayed for a week.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

yup so nice every time hong kong collector can enjoy the first hand figures release and other country have to wait another 1 - 2 months only can get their baby. But i might skip for this 42 as not a big fans for this suit and looking forward to get another 1/4 IM but in different design like 45 (hope they release 46 also :pray:),

But honestly , really hope they can release MK 1 in 1/4 :yess:

Told myself I was safe from these, then discovered 1) the headsculpt and 2) several UK retailers still had it in stock.

I'm totally going to be living off soup and noodles this month! :lol (worth it)

I may try and post a picture of this guy alongside a (completely different style but still an interesting comparison) 1/3 scale figure that I own, I imagine Tony's inferiority complex may come into play!

(Irritatingly I don't have anything that's near the 60cm that's the standard measure, I've only got 50cm and shorter and 70+(+)cm options)

It'll be interesting to see how stable he is compared to everything else I own (the only 1/3 scales I have that are anything near stable enough for prolonged standing poses without a stand are the Obitsus with their internal skeletons and friction jointing), though honestly he may have to be a box dweller until I'm in a position to UV-film a whole room.

There's not mention of die-cast parts so I assume this is all plastic. I do really love the look of this figure and could be my very first 1/4 pending the quality of the parts. How's the quality of the plastic as I recall the 1/6 nondie-cast was pretty standard and not the best.

I don't know a lot about plastic quality and haven't really handled any of the 1/6 toys besides Silver Centurion. That said, this feels very solid and sturdy; I have never worried that something was going to break. The joint tolerances are also very obvious—for example, where the older 1/6-scale Iron Man figures have an elbow with a hidden joint which you might break, this is a visible, clicky double-joint whose limits you can see easily. I know the knee joints (the joints on the back of the knee that you can see and touch) are made of metal; unsure if there is metal anywhere else.

Also: I personally wouldn't set too much store by what is die-cast and what isn't. Metal joints can still be poorly made and hold a pose badly, so die cast content is not synonymous with quality or even toughness at all. For example, my Fewture Getter Poseidon is mostly metal, down to the joints, and yet it still has some floppy, badly-assembled joints. Besides, the paint will degrade all the same, you're likely to suffer more chipping, and some people here have said it is easier to achieve a nicer paintjob on a plastic figure.

Anyway, if you have a chance, get this figure in-hand and move it around a little, and you will be able to make up your own mind. For me, I would prefer a very solid plastic figure of this size to a die-cast release. I get tired lifting the Mark 43 up for long periods while posing, and the added weight of metal would make it even harder.

I don't know a lot about plastic quality and haven't really handled any of the 1/6 toys besides Silver Centurion. That said, this feels very solid and sturdy; I have never worried that something was going to break. The joint tolerances are also very obvious—for example, where the older 1/6-scale Iron Man figures have an elbow with a hidden joint which you might break, this is a visible, clicky double-joint whose limits you can see easily. I know the knee joints (the joints on the back of the knee that you can see and touch) are made of metal; unsure if there is metal anywhere else.

Also: I personally wouldn't set too much store by what is die-cast and what isn't. Metal joints can still be poorly made and hold a pose badly, so die cast content is not synonymous with quality or even toughness at all. For example, my Fewture Getter Poseidon is mostly metal, down to the joints, and yet it still has some floppy, badly-assembled joints. Besides, the paint will degrade all the same, you're likely to suffer more chipping, and some people here have said it is easier to achieve a nicer paintjob on a plastic figure.

Anyway, if you have a chance, get this figure in-hand and move it around a little, and you will be able to make up your own mind. For me, I would prefer a very solid plastic figure of this size to a die-cast release. I get tired lifting the Mark 43 up for long periods while posing, and the added weight of metal would make it even harder.
Thanks for your kind feedback. Maybe might try to get on the wait list if I decide to get this....decision decision.

There's not mention of die-cast parts so I assume this is all plastic. I do really love the look of this figure and could be my very first 1/4 pending the quality of the parts. How's the quality of the plastic as I recall the 1/6 nondie-cast was pretty standard and not the best.
It's high quality. I have several diecast IM figures, but I still think the 1/4 43 is the best HT IM so far. Now, I caveat that because I haven't gotten the 45 in yet.

But the paint job is awesome and all of the joints are really well constructed. It's first class, no doubt.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

The plastic is as durable (in any of the iron man figures) as the diecast. Diecast may be heavy but it is not structurally stronger, and has a higher chance to have paint chips and flaking. Not sure why people assume diecast is better quality.

Back