1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two legend cases with the side panels removed. Now have room for mk 43 and later mk 42 :)

Nice...but why not put one in one case and the other in the other case and leave the side walls up? I have 43 in the same case and he fits perfectly with all 4 walls up. Just curious.

Nice...but why not put one in one case and the other in the other case and leave the side walls up? I have 43 in the same case and he fits perfectly with all 4 walls up. Just curious.

i can run LED light across the top without having to drill the cases. And you get double the space to use whatever base you want. The figure itself fits fine in a single case but nothing else.

So after taking a few days of measuring and planning out my home made display case, I finally bought all the raw materials yesterday and got around to gluing everything together today. The display is still not complete, I am still waiting for my LED lights to arrive and to get around to installing that. All in all, I am satisfied. Acrylic is not the easiest thing in the world to work with, but in the end all the raw materials I got for 50 Euros, as opposed to spending 300 Euros on a custom made one.
If anyone has the time and patience to do it, I would recommend it as a fun project.

Here's a crappy photo from my phone. Will try to get better photos when I have installed the LEDs.

m8HYajl.jpg

That looks great ntc3freak. Wish I had the time and patience to make something like this. Any chance you can share on how to make this?

That looks great ntc3freak. Wish I had the time and patience to make something like this. Any chance you can share on how to make this?

Thanks for the compliment :)

It's really not all that difficult. For me the biggest hurdle was just measuring everything and drawing up a design (I could send you mine if you want), and then getting all the parts. Fortunately Plexiglass (Acrylic) is easy enough to come by, and I had my hardware shop cut the pieces to my measurements, and also drill a small hole in the back for the LED wire to come out of. The base is just two pieces of black MDF board glued together. Topping it all off is some black felt lining I bought from Amazon to line the MDF with.
Biggest challenge is definitely gluing the acrylic together, as the pieces are so big and flexible that it was hard to keep everything lined up while it cured. Mine isn't perfect by any means, but for now I am satisfied. There are loads of videos on Youtube to help you get started though.

If you or anyone else have questions, feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to answer them as best I can.

I just wish there were more 1/4 scale cases out there that'd fit this guy, though. Would've saved me a lot of hassle haha but it's all good. Nice to get your hands dirty once in a while :)

I got the soap reactor installed finally. It was a bit pricy, but totally worth it to be able to turn it on with a remote.

IM4.jpg
IM2.jpg

you can turn the lights on now with remote? how do you do that?��������

Nice! How hard was it to set up? I'm tempted especially since it would mean less fiddling with certain switches.

you can turn the lights on now with remote? how do you do that?��������

I bought the thing here after seeing it in a review video of the mark 43. It uses wired adapters that replace the batteries. I hid the wires behind the figure using mounting putty so they can't be seen, even when you're in front of the case looking directly at it. It comes with a remote that you use to turn the lights on and off, and you can leave it on for hours and not have to worry about dimming lights from dying batteries.

Just be sure to go through the instructions and make note of the battery types the figure uses if you decide to get one. I think total it was 150 for everything, but for me it was worth it.

Remote would be excellent, but still a pain when the figure has this many batteries. The one thing that puts me off a Soap Reactor is posing--I love playing with mine.

Until the Hulkbuster arrives, this is definitely Hot Toys' finest work. As well as being THE BEST Iron Man figure to date, it may also be THE BEST Hot Toys figure to date. I just got this on Monday and I have never been this impressed with a figure. I've been staring at it for days - it is just simply amazing! The Boba Fett is also a great figure, but they really did hit it out of the park with this figure and it makes you think only the sky is the limit for Hot Toys.

All of that^^ I've never owned many HT figures at once; each time I buy one I end up reselling pretty quickly. Not this guy. I feel a little spoilt now, as well as doomed to spend way too much cash—I don't own any other realistic 1/6-scale figures, so I might as well only collect 1/4 now.

All of that^^ I've never owned many HT figures at once; each time I buy one I end up reselling pretty quickly. Not this guy. I feel a little spoilt now, as well as doomed to spend way too much cash—I don't own any other realistic 1/6-scale figures, so I might as well only collect 1/4 now.

I could see that. A larger figure definitely gives them the ability to work in more realism and detail. I still like my 1/6 Mark 43, but this just takes the whole action figure experience to a level that's more akin to sculpture. But it's hard to get all the little crevices (like this has) sculpted to appear as parts that move. Better achieved with something that has moving parts, which is why this looks as real as it does.

I mainly sold almost all of my 1/6 iron man figures after I had it for sometime because somewhat the proportion looks off.
but not with this figure:yess:

Question for those who have received replacement parts from SS in the past - how long does it usually take to receive said part? It's been roughly 2 weeks since SS communicated with me that they would send the replacement part and I still haven't received anything. It may very well take several weeks, which I'm fine with, but I'm just curious what your experiences are with turnaround times and how long I should expect to wait.
Thanks!

Question for those who have received replacement parts from SS in the past - how long does it usually take to receive said part? It's been roughly 2 weeks since SS communicated with me that they would send the replacement part and I still haven't received anything. It may very well take several weeks, which I'm fine with, but I'm just curious what your experiences are with turnaround times and how long I should expect to wait.
Thanks!

It took about 4 days to get my replacement arm. They also sent an email with tracking info when they shipped it.

Back