1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been popular, definitely. It seems to appeal to all sorts of people, even hardcore statue collectors.

To me, in a simple pose where he is on the base, it resembles a posable statue. The paint and detail is much better and less expensive toy like than the sixth scales, plus being an Iron Man you don't get the same joint look that you do with a human sixth scale if the joints are exposed. Plus, most statue like of all is the scale.. (and I think the head sculpt if you use it looks better than the one I have on my one statue)

But then you also get the best of both worlds where you can pose him in pretty much any manner you want, and not even use the stand if you wish... just like a typical sixth scale..

Hey guys,

I am quickly getting fed up of having to unbox this guy everytime I wanna see him. I've been searching and googling for a week now, trying to find a place that'll make me a custom display case for it. After all that, I have concluded that I'd rather buy a new figure than a case with the same money lol.
So today I made a quick trip to my hardware shop and saw that they're selling acrylic so I thought it'd be a fun side project, to make my own case.

Just wanted some opinions. Should I get some mirror wrap for the back side or just leave it transparent all around?

Ouch, how much did he end up costing you all up?

Letsee... Figure was 890 inc shipping, and I think I had a $20au points discount in that. Plus 179 Customs...

$1069, lol... ouch. My Nathan Drake statue has been well and truly eclipsed. That cost me maybe 700? including customs. I'd have to go through old Visa statements to check.

Letsee... Figure was 890 inc shipping, and I think I had a $20au points discount in that. Plus 179 Customs...

$1069, lol... ouch. My Nathan Drake statue has been well and truly eclipsed. That cost me maybe 700? including customs. I'd have to go through old Visa statements to check.

Ohhh ouch, I have mine on order through Mohock for Just under $800. I'm just waiting for him to get stock in.

Ohhh ouch, I have mine on order through Mohock for Just under $800. I'm just waiting for him to get stock in.

If I can convince the mrs that the 45 would make a good pair, that might be a good option for me later in the year.. ;) .. I really should just stick one centrepiece quarter scale though.

Haha--I can understand why but I'm personally leaning the other way. I've owned and sold off two 1/6-scale Iron Man figures, and the 1/4 is better in every way, so I might as well just collect 1/4 suits now. I would probably feel different if I already had a 1/6-scale collection though.

Agree about to sell all sixth scale for a few awesome 4th scale

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

It's crazy, isn't it? I'm thinking of tracking down a QS001 Batman and the Enterbay T-800BD, and displaying the three of them together.

It's crazy, isn't it? I'm thinking of tracking down a QS001 Batman and the Enterbay T-800BD, and displaying the three of them together.
you'll love both figures, assuming you're a fan of batman & terminator.
I'm personally pleased with T-800 BD sculpt, but Enterbay can do much better in other areas of the figure😉

Back