1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure what your trying to accomplish. You've gotten 20 answers and every time you just go back to the "yeah but..". You don't appear to actually be asking for answers but more searching for what you want to hear. If it's a problem for you do something. Otherwise it's moot. It's your figure, your money. What anyone else's figure has is immaterial.

Well actually what i'm asking is..if it is common and if other people have it to..i wasn't clear about that sorry.

Last edited:
Well actually what i'm asking is..if it is common and if other people have it to..i wasn't clear about that sorry.

Mine doesn't have those fine cracking marks. I would open a case with Sideshow they will take care of you. Sideshow support is taking longer these days, so open a request now and give it about a week for a reply. As for Motuxmen his words can be taken out of context sometimes. No need to apologize to anyone.

:hi5: good luck

mine also doesn't have that paint marks.
at least not in that area...
if your overall figure is good maybe it's better to keep it, because your next figure might have another issue like black dots on the armor or light scratches.
it's a bit of worn out armor look anyway 😊

Called around at our rental house where the kids live today (and where I get all my packages sent) to drop off easter presents, and checked the mail, and lo and behold there was a letter from customs there for me with instructions for paying the charges, and it had been there since late last week. I know I shouldn't be too annoyed because they are doing me a favour by receiving my freight in the first place, be jeez louise... I had asked for them to keep an eye out. Told them to expect something as soon PC shipped the package. Hopefully customs will clear it, and I'll have it by the end of the week..

Got this guy on Friday then had to drive up to Cologne over the weekend. Finally took him out of the box today and played around with it. I know it's been said so many times in this thread, but this is easily the best Iron Man figure there is right now, with the best headsculpt I have ever seen. The only problem I have right now is figuring out where to display him, as he does not fit in my display case (not that I expected him to).

Anyway, enough talk. Here's a few quick iPhone pics:

7IQZPyI.jpg

8FkIzw6.jpg

6VhphnP.jpg

me22o2F.jpg

IfU5Ze0.jpg

Attachments

• File_000.jpg
    File_000.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 289
Got this guy on Friday then had to drive up to Cologne over the weekend. Finally took him out of the box today and played around with it. I know it's been said so many times in this thread, but this is easily the best Iron Man figure there is right now, with the best headsculpt I have ever seen. The only problem I have right now is figuring out where to display him, as he does not fit in my display case (not that I expected him to).

Anyway, enough talk. Here's a few quick iPhone pics:

7IQZPyI.jpg

8FkIzw6.jpg

6VhphnP.jpg

me22o2F.jpg

IfU5Ze0.jpg

I'm curious about your right shoulder armor on your figure. Is it loose and floppy, and will it move over more toward the right? I have an issue with mine and sideshow is replacing the right arm for me, just wondering how many other people might have this issue as well.

I'm curious about your right shoulder armor on your figure. Is it loose and floppy, and will it move over more toward the right? I have an issue with mine and sideshow is replacing the right arm for me, just wondering how many other people might have this issue as well.

No I do not, both sides are fairly solid without feeling like it's stuck.
Sorry to hear about yours, man. Hope it gets sorted out soon.

He's on his way home in the car now...

$890NZ purchase from Popcultcha and $180NZ customs charges later. And that's with a $20 discount from Popcultcha from their points system. Certainly start to question what the easiest and cheapest way of buying these big ticket items is. (That's about $725US all up cost for me, just out of interest)

I still think Popcultcha is the best place for your typical non-Iron Man sixth scales, like Cap, Widow, Hawkeye...

DSC_0265.jpg

No puppy dog, it's not for you..

DSC_0267.jpg

Simple at this stage.. Yeah, this sort of pose has been shown dozens of times before, done better, and with a better camera/photographer... but he scares me a little...

DSC_0266.jpg

In with the rest of the AoU gang..

You're lucky - I bought the 1/6th version when it came out and to be fair, I love it. In fact, my entire collection to this point has been purely 1/6th IM figures - all of which I really love. However, all of that is probably going to start changing with with this figure. I don't intend to start selling my 1/6th figures (at least not yet) but ultimately if Hot Toys starts focusing on quarter scales for future suits or simply remaking the original 7, my wallet is going to get a swift kick in the nuts because that will be way too hard to resist.

I have the 1/6th XLII and although I prefer the XLIII color scheme I really love my XLII. It is a well crafted figure and it has a menacing look which I like. I can see selling a few of my 1/6ths to make way for more 1/4th's but I am keeping a lot of my 1/6th figures.

I think the 1/6th and 1/4th figures can co-mingle without a problem :)

I haven't had time to stop and give this a proper review since getting it a couple of days ago, but wow this thing is awesome!! First impression - it is huge! I looked through countless pictures prior to ordering this in an effort to get a grasp on the overall size of this figure, but pics don't quite seem to do it justice. It's a tall one for sure, but that's what I like about it! The paint job is incredible and proportions blow the 1/6th version out of the water (and I'm still a fan of the 1/6th).

This may seem minor but the one thing that I am particularly impressed with is the shoulder pads. You can maneuver the arms however you want and still adjust the shoulder pads so that there aren't gaps like the 1/6th. I have to say, this really is some fine work by Hot Toys. I'll post some pictures soon when I have a bit of time.

One final thought, and I'm excited about this - it has not ruined my 1/6th IM figures for me. I was very fearful that I would no longer like the 1/6ths after marveling over this quarter scale (and the 1/4th is leaps and bounds cooler), but I really do still love staring at the other IM figures in my collection. No immediate plans to sell my 1/6ths anytime soon, but I'm sure acquiring more 1/4ths is on the horizon!

The only thing I find really funny about the 1/4 XLIII is the fact that at a certain angle it looks like he has thigh high boots on! The round part of the upper thigh sits a bit back from the front of the leg. It reminds me of Kinky Boots LOL

I'm in the process of having Sideshow send me a replacement of the left arm (the shoulder pad on my figure is totally loose. It just flops around all over the place). They said that once I receive the replacement part & inspect it to make sure it is acceptable, I need to destroy the original part and send them photos for evidence so as not to incur any service charges from them. I get why they want me to do this (to prove that I'm not lying and selling parts on ebay for huge profits), but I feel so weird knowing that I'm going to have to take a hammer to this arm. Have any of y'all had to do this before?

Yes it's common. You should have read the threads for the Sideshow Alien Busts (and they are big, reasonably expensive busts), which were plagued with quality issues. A few replacements were sent out, and those people were as far as I know all asked to show photographic evidence of destroying the bust.

Man haha, something about destroying part of a figure this expensive just feels weird, but I get it! This is the first time I've had a QC issue with any figure, but I'm glad they're replacing the arm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question for people who bought "1/4 Hot Toys QS005 Avengers: AoU Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure" from Midtown Comics online. Did yours arrive with a hot toys brown shipper?

Back