1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything wrong with this picture?[emoji38]
AFCDD824-A28B-43F0-82B0-826BE0BB6C76_zps1fuvhln8.png
That's what Sideshow emailed you?

Anyone manage to get this beast in the Legend Studio 11" w x 8" deep by 23" tall (21" usualbe height) case? I am thinking one leg off base and best knee with a foot up on base will get him below 20". He is ~22" tall standing pretty upright on base right now. Don't think 11" wide by 8" deep should be an issue. Thoughts?

I have one ordered. Pretty sure it fits without the base. It's the height you need to worry about.

I have one ordered. Pretty sure it fits without the base. It's the height you need to worry about.
I've been messing with it all night. Fed will not be able to squeeze in with base. Probably get the case anyway. Anyone know if 1/6 Hulk will fit in the case?

My immediate reaction when I got the email was it was the Mk45... but the link of course is for the 43..

I caved... :FREAK: :eek

What can I say? :family .. The photos you guys post, and the video reviews just look so good. I never felt a want to go 1/4 scale aside from my couple of gaming statues, but this looks like a fully poseable quarter scale statue, with a head sculpt that kills all other head sculpts. And, the sixth scale really is my favourite sixth scale figure overall. I prefer it even over DX-13 T2 Terminator. And I much prefer it over the MkIII (and it's not even because of the ab section or posabiltiy with that figure.. it's the overall look). But really, this leaves even the sixth scale for dead from what I've seen, so I feel like I'll have collector's regret if I miss out on it.

So, happy early 40th birthday to me (only 54 days early, lol)

I caved... :FREAK: :eek

What can I say? :family .. The photos you guys post, and the video reviews just look so good. I never felt a want to go 1/4 scale aside from my couple of gaming statues, but this looks like a fully poseable quarter scale statue, with a head sculpt that kills all other head sculpts. And, the sixth scale really is my favourite sixth scale figure overall. I prefer it even over DX-13 T2 Terminator. And I much prefer it over the MkIII (and it's not even because of the ab section or posabiltiy with that figure.. it's the overall look). But really, this leaves even the sixth scale for dead from what I've seen, so I feel like I'll have collector's regret if I miss out on it.

So, happy early 40th birthday to me (only 54 days early, lol)

I gotta figure out how to get an advance on all my future birthdays!

It costs a pretty penny, but it's definately worth it.

The head sculpt is simply amazing.

Only downside is that the 1/6 version looks a bit lackluster in my collection.

Let me know when you get your case! I am confident it will fit without the base but would like to see it before I order. I also have a 1/4 scale Hulk showing up today so I am going to measure if it will fit in the same case. If so I will be ordering two. By the way, don't mess with the AAA batts. Use USB cables to a hub to a ANKER battery. Lights much brighter and lasts longer and then you only have to charge 1 battery instead of six.

Let me know when you get your case! I am confident it will fit without the base but would like to see it before I order. I also have a 1/4 scale Hulk showing up today so I am going to measure if it will fit in the same case. If so I will be ordering two. By the way, don't mess with the AAA batts. Use USB cables to a hub to a ANKER battery. Lights much brighter and lasts longer and then you only have to charge 1 battery instead of six.

I might not even use the spot lights. I want to put a led strip over the top instead. The LED spot lights look very uneven to me

I might not even use the spot lights. I want to put a led strip over the top instead. The LED spot lights look very uneven to me

Got Hulk. No way will he fit in case. Will probably still get the case for ironman. Looking forward to ur pics and thoughts!

dont have this iron man...but here's my batman in the case for anyone's reference.

CdPi25fUYAEsLzi.jpg

The first avengers hulk does fit...standing straight up. arms must be by his side and it leaves a ton of space up top so it looks silly.

dont have this iron man...but here's my batman in the case for anyone's reference.

View attachment 251729

The first avengers hulk does fit...standing straight up. arms must be by his side and it leaves a ton of space up top so it looks silly.

Agreed about hulk. He is so steady in not worried about him not being on a case. He is much more sturdy than Iron Man. Thanks for photo!

Friiiiick this figure looks so cool. For those of you who have it, were you surprised by its size? I mean I've seen photos where you can grasp its scale, but sometimes I feel like a photo doesn't quite do it justice. I need to figure out where I would display this dude... it just looks so badass.

I just received mine yesterday and I was definitely blown away by the size! I am very happy I didn't buy the 1/6th version of this figure. The 1/6th looks great but this is just so awesome!

I am going to have to pack him away in the box until I can find a good way to display him. I want him away from dust as much as possible :)

I just received mine yesterday and I was definitely blown away by the size! I am very happy I didn't buy the 1/6th version of this figure. The 1/6th looks great but this is just so awesome!

I am going to have to pack him away in the box until I can find a good way to display him. I want him away from dust as much as possible :)

You're lucky - I bought the 1/6th version when it came out and to be fair, I love it. In fact, my entire collection to this point has been purely 1/6th IM figures - all of which I really love. However, all of that is probably going to start changing with with this figure. I don't intend to start selling my 1/6th figures (at least not yet) but ultimately if Hot Toys starts focusing on quarter scales for future suits or simply remaking the original 7, my wallet is going to get a swift kick in the nuts because that will be way too hard to resist.

You're lucky - I bought the 1/6th version when it came out and to be fair, I love it. In fact, my entire collection to this point has been purely 1/6th IM figures - all of which I really love. However, all of that is probably going to start changing with with this figure. I don't intend to start selling my 1/6th figures (at least not yet) but ultimately if Hot Toys starts focusing on quarter scales for future suits or simply remaking the original 7, my wallet is going to get a swift kick in the nuts because that will be way too hard to resist.

Ah.. I fear that you are showing symptoms of the same syndrome that I came down with. Whatever you do.. Don't display your quarter scale 43 with your 1/6 scale stuff. That will make the diagnosis almost irreversible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back