1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I had the helmet on for a while but felt like I was wasting that RDJ sculpt ha haven't gone back since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's the go-to pose because the Tony sculpt is so great you almost feel obligated to display it that way. And it's reminiscent of how we have seen IM posed without his helmet on in the movies and comics.

Yeah this is the case for me. The sculpt is almost mandatory for this piece. It almost guarantees that everyone will buy at least one more 1/4 Iron Man to display alongside it with the helmet on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funnily enough, I've hardly used the Stark sculpt. Mainly because it's such a pain to take the neck out, but also because I prefer the helmeted look.

Funnily enough, I've hardly used the Stark sculpt. Mainly because it's such a pain to take the neck out, but also because I prefer the helmeted look.
I actually haven't even taken the sculpt out of the box since I've gotten this figure. It's among their best sculpt to date but I prefer seeing Iron Man in all it's armored goodness. Figure looks great displayed with either though.

This figure looks so awesome, I'm not the biggest fan of the Mark 43 design but I keep thinking I should just get this one! lol

Whereas it's my favourite, and that arguably includes over the original 7. I can see I'm not going to be able to hold out much longer. I was dropping big hints at the mrs last night, lol

I don't think I'd be as happy if I missed it and grabbed the 45 or 42 later down the track instead.

Received mine today and he is amazing!
Beautiful piece and very imposing! I even have him posed on the base. In person it doesn't feel as crowded and piled up as on pictures. Very sturdy too lol, I managed to drop the helmet about 6 times on a wooden floor while posing it, luckily without causing one scratch.

Only thing that bothers me, are proportions. Still doesn't feel like a real person could fit inside. Legs beeing too long etc.

Received mine today and he is amazing!
Beautiful piece and very imposing! I even have him posed on the base. In person it doesn't feel as crowded and piled up as on pictures. Very sturdy too lol, I managed to drop the helmet about 6 times on a wooden floor while posing it, luckily without causing one scratch.

Only thing that bothers me, are proportions. Still doesn't feel like a real person could fit inside. Legs beeing too long etc.

If you own it, you gotta post pictures. That's the rule that I just made up, and you don't have to adhere to it, but it would be nice if you did.[emoji1]

Enjoy the crapy iphone shot :wave

IM43.jpg

My final flex was taken out today so I'll have Mark 43 in a week! They're also supposed to be charging Vision today as well so I'll have two Hot Toys coming in one day... Next Tuesday's gonna be fun.

Anyone manage to get this beast in the Legend Studio 11" w x 8" deep by 23" tall (21" usualbe height) case? I am thinking one leg off base and best knee with a foot up on base will get him below 20". He is ~22" tall standing pretty upright on base right now. Don't think 11" wide by 8" deep should be an issue. Thoughts?

Think this is actually the closest to the 'man in a suit' look we've got. The sixth scale figures have a thin waist due to the torso articulation, whereas this looks nice and full. Same with the neck, and I also think the legs and arms look fuller, too.

Back