1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took me a while to give my two cents. I got mine a few weeks ago but had an issue with the shoulder joint. Sideshow customer support was very helpful and replaced it for me.

WOW! This figure blows my 1/6 mark 43 away! It is unfortunate because I cant help but notice how the 1/6 pales in comparison to the 1/4. Don't get me wrong, they both look great, but the detail on the 1/4 really does make it look like it could easily be confused for a movie prop in pics with no scale reference. The lines are so crisp and precise compared to the 1/6. Word of warning! if you have the 1/6 mark 43 and decide to get the 1/4, you will not be able to avoid noticing the differences in quality(like the shoulder gap in the 1/6).

Some small things to look out for, when positioning the legs forward, there is a small panel that flips up to give the leg clearance. there is a sharp fixed edge that this panel usually sits flush with that can get scuffed by the leg so if you are OCD like me be careful to position around this fixed edge. (I'll post pics when I get home). When swapping hands, be careful of the wrist guards, they are glued on and can pop out. On the lights on the leg, make sure the switch is off when you are done playing with it. Since the light is behind the panels, it is easy to miss with the panels shut, I couldn't see the light and I left it on and the battery died.

The head sculpt is just perfection. So much so that it creeps my gf out. My figures are in my bedroom and she tells me to point tony away because she feels like we're being watched while we sleep! So when she sleeps over I tend to put on the helmet.
Back on topic. I told myself this would be the only 1/4 figure I'd get but I don't know if i'll be able to resist, given how amazing this looks. I'm personally not a fan of the mark 45 so at least I have some time to breathe until they announce the next 1/4 iron man.

Took me a while to give my two cents. I got mine a few weeks ago but had an issue with the shoulder joint. Sideshow customer support was very helpful and replaced it for me.

WOW! This figure blows my 1/6 mark 43 away! It is unfortunate because I cant help but notice how the 1/6 pales in comparison to the 1/4. Don't get me wrong, they both look great, but the detail on the 1/4 really does make it look like it could easily be confused for a movie prop in pics with no scale reference. The lines are so crisp and precise compared to the 1/6. Word of warning! if you have the 1/6 mark 43 and decide to get the 1/4, you will not be able to avoid noticing the differences in quality(like the shoulder gap in the 1/6).

Some small things to look out for, when positioning the legs forward, there is a small panel that flips up to give the leg clearance. there is a sharp fixed edge that this panel usually sits flush with that can get scuffed by the leg so if you are OCD like me be careful to position around this fixed edge. (I'll post pics when I get home). When swapping hands, be careful of the wrist guards, they are glued on and can pop out. On the lights on the leg, make sure the switch is off when you are done playing with it. Since the light is behind the panels, it is easy to miss with the panels shut, I couldn't see the light and I left it on and the battery died.

The head sculpt is just perfection. So much so that it creeps my gf out. My figures are in my bedroom and she tells me to point tony away because she feels like we're being watched while we sleep! So when she sleeps over I tend to put on the helmet.
Back on topic. I told myself this would be the only 1/4 figure I'd get but I don't know if i'll be able to resist, given how amazing this looks. I'm personally not a fan of the mark 45 so at least I have some time to breathe until they announce the next 1/4 iron man.

haha.. head sculpt so realistic that he has to wear his helmet when your lady sleeps over! That's classic

Sigh, I think I'm going to buy this today.

SO0g7nd.gif

Bahahaha I doubt it was during just sleep that his gf was freaked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally called me out, lol. I feel like tony when capt said it seems to run on some form of electricity. 'Well, you're not wrong'

Looks like mine will be arriving from AE on Friday. Really curious to see how his size compares to QS Boba Fett. Seems like HT definition of quarter scale is pretty broad...

He will look down upon Fett as though he were a child lol.. If I recall correctly Fett is about the same height as their Batman

643b665c875eb0757a4bdaaf21e7ffa5.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that is a pretty big difference! I used to have Bats and thought he was decently scaled. I guess the scale has changed again or Bale is really that much shorter than RDJ. :lol

Nah Bale is actually taller in real life I believe. But you can argue that the Iron Man suit would add height.

RDJ's height is irrelevant since they actively try to make him look taller as Stark ... And is supposedly taller still with the armor.

Yea Bale is 6'. I assume this is just a new definition of QS or its just HT being symbolic and saying Iron Man should be the biggest. :)

If I remember that Marvel height chart correctly, Iron Man is about 6' 5". I'd imagine that Nolan's Batman was something similar, perhaps a little shorter. Personally I wish the 1/4 scale figures were of the same kind of size, the difference in size is so big that it makes them look like they're completely different scales.

I don't really mind the height discrepancies so much since I won't be displaying this with Fett or any other QS figure right now. I just find it kind of funny or odd that HT has a new interpretation of QS once again. I used to have the Terminator endo as well and I think that one was the same height as Bats. I think IM should be like 6'5 and the translation of this figure is around 7'. I'm no mathematician though. :lol

Back