1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not hard to buy batteries. If you can pay 600 for a figure you should not have a problem spending five bucks for batteries.

This is very true and I have, but It doesn't help when Sideshow rep doesn't contact you or respond to your emails. Especially when the return/exchange date expired yesterday.

This is very true and I have, but It doesn't help when Sideshow rep doesn't contact you or respond to your emails. Especially when the return/exchange date expired yesterday.

I am sure they will get back to you. I also have an issue with a light not working on one of my legs. I waited a couple of weeks, then got the usual response about trying new batteries and rubbing alcohol on the battery contact points. ( I knew it wouldn't work because one of the LED was working already on that leg. But I still did what they suggested.) then I emailed back and waited another week. Got the response for a $45 credit or they will try to find me a replacement. I answered I would rather have the replacement roughly a week ago and am still waiting. I imagine I will get a response sometime this week.

It's not usually this slow. From what I have been reading they are understaffed right now. And I wouldn't worry about the date since you contacted them before the deadline they will still honour it.

Sounds like they responded to me. And that you took to long to get back to them. Just based on what you said. As you said you filed a complaint, they responded by asking for photo, you couldnt(your words) and then the deadline passed before they responded again.

They sell hundreds of products. Any production run suffers from a 5-10% (min) failure rate. Most items like hot toys are sold in the 1000 plus number. That means they have hundreds of emails for defective products every day. Then throw in the the standard "when is this coming out" or "can i change my payment date" or "will company X make product Y" type of emails and they have thousands of emails to respond to. It takes time. All you had to do was respond to one. And it appears you took longer then expected. But are complaining about them. And providing photographic proof of the defect is standard procedure. Shouldn't have come as a surprise that you need to actually prove you had a defect before they sent you a few few hundred dollar part or even a replacement figure. Had this been nearly any other retailer you would either return it for a refund or be SOL. So, maybe instead of being upset at the people that your attempting to get hundreds of dollars worth of product that they have no obligation to provide, you should cut them some slack if they take a few days to respond.

Sounds like they responded to me. And that you took to long to get back to them. Just based on what you said. As you said you filed a complaint, they responded by asking for photo, you couldnt(your words) and then the deadline passed before they responded again.

They sell hundreds of products. Any production run suffers from a 5-10% (min) failure rate. Most items like hot toys are sold in the 1000 plus number. That means they have hundreds of emails for defective products every day. Then throw in the the standard "when is this coming out" or "can i change my payment date" or "will company X make product Y" type of emails and they have thousands of emails to respond to. It takes time. All you had to do was respond to one. And it appears you took longer then expected. But are complaining about them. And providing photographic proof of the defect is standard procedure. Shouldn't have come as a surprise that you need to actually prove you had a defect before they sent you a few few hundred dollar part or even a replacement figure. Had this been nearly any other retailer you would either return it for a refund or be SOL. So, maybe instead of being upset at the people that your attempting to get hundreds of dollars worth of product that they have no obligation to provide, you should cut them some slack if they take a few days to respond.

Mr. Know it doesn't know it all. I made the complaint the same day I got the figure over the phone and was sent the email about troubleshooting. Which I did and sent them back that very same day. It took them almost three weeks for them to respond. In those to weeks I called twice in which they told me to wait for the emailed response...

Wait! Why I even explaining this to you? You're not a SSC rep nor are you women. I know how SSC works. I've been collecting since 2011. I sure as hell don't need your comments and lengthy response to my comments on this thread. I'm also far from upset, so I don't need you stating that I am. Unless you can tell a person's tone of voice through text. If so then you're one talented Mr. Know it all. So please. Don't accuse me of being upset when you clearly don't know how I feel.

I've been collecting 1/6th scale IM figures for a while now and told myself I would not start collecting the 1/4th figures for the sake of my wallet. But after seeing countless photos of this figure in this thread, I am beyond tempted to pick this up - it looks magnificent!!

Mr. Know it doesn't know it all. I made the complaint the same day I got the figure over the phone and was sent the email about troubleshooting. Which I did and sent them back that very same day. It took them almost three weeks for them to respond. In those to weeks I called twice in which they told me to wait for the emailed response...

Wait! Why I even explaining this to you? You're not a SSC rep nor are you women. I know how SSC works. I've been collecting since 2011. I sure as hell don't need your comments and lengthy response to my comments on this thread. I'm also far from upset, so I don't need you stating that I am. Unless you can tell a person's tone of voice through text. If so then you're one talented Mr. Know it all. So please. Don't accuse me of being upset when you clearly don't know how I feel.

They've definitely been much slower than usual of late. They've finally confirmed some new parts for me and it has taken over a month. My replacement request form didn't get a reply for two weeks (which came 30 minutes after I sent another email through the main channel), and they didn't respond to my response to it for another two weeks. I'm well beyond the 30 days now but that's not a problem, since you brought up the issue within the time frame that's the part that counts.

Just got mine pretty awesome

26a75cfb27d7826c18efaa48d5c15736.jpg

2e5ce6c01afcf096747f8b6a07895111.jpg

ba23943c48e4fc65619e6ce949b33102.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friiiiick this figure looks so cool. For those of you who have it, were you surprised by its size? I mean I've seen photos where you can grasp its scale, but sometimes I feel like a photo doesn't quite do it justice. I need to figure out where I would display this dude... it just looks so badass.

The size surprised me because it's from Hot Toys. Their 1/4 figures are usually closer to 17" and this one is 20".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back