1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That circle cut out is where they drop in a silica pack to keep moisture from forming in the box. Previous releases of the quarter scale figures had this as well.

I got confirmation that this is indeed coming out at Secret Base on Friday.
Not sure about the leaked photo, and the arc reactor. Guess we shall see in a couple days.
Either way, not a deal breaker for me.

I am a little curious about the circle cut out of the foam lining (upper right corner of the box)?

Last edited:
Not to mention that the 1/6 scale 43 was also portrayed in all the promo pics as having a blank white reactor, yet was released with the detailed triangle inside.

Not to start a flame war over here, but there's something odd about the package/figure pic just posted. Firstly, it's very rare for a pic like this to leak before release. Secondly, despite early pics, the coming soon shot definitely hints at a detailed arc reactor of some sort. I mean it's fuzzy, but it certainly ain't matte white in this shot...

12191020_10153132810827344_8632678548001528285_n.jpg

I for one am hoping for a blank white arc reactor...

I never turn on the lights on my IM figures anyways and when I do it's so blindingly bright whereas in the movie it's more of a soft white glow. Having just white arc reactor is more screen accurate than showing details inside. I really don't care what the inside of the arc reactor looks like. More detail =/= better figure

I'm kinda hoping for some kind of detail in the reactor. It just adds to the. "Highly detailed" look. The all white version looks a little unfinished to me. But I totally get how others could prefer it.

The guy that shared the photos is a pretty famous Hong Kong RDJ look alike and actor. He's done a lot of promo for hot toys. I'd be very very surprised if he is leaking fake photos.

image.jpg

Could possibly be a piece of packing material behind the arc reactor? Who knows though.

Could possibly be a piece of packing material behind the arc reactor? Who knows though.

Anythings possible till we see better picks. But at all the conventions and shows and in all the promo photos (Exocet maybe the coming soon which you can't really tell) it's had the frosted arc. I'd be inclined to believe the forty times it's been shown frosted over the one maybe.

I'd imagine it's a piece of paper or something blocking it. The one shown in the coming soon picture has it fully detailed.

Also some BTS photos from JC Hong.

12239502_1000403266690656_5336038924206756360_n.jpg

12240092_1000403193357330_1485969910723599211_n.jpg

It's possible there's something behind the chest plate. Or maybe they are swappable. But since this figure first was shown right up till a few hours ago every single image has showed it has the frosted arc..Except maybe the coming soon pic. And the pic posted today is pretty clear.

image.jpeg

My theory is that they used the prototype in the leaked photo op picture, for god knows what reason. With many other marks, they were promo-ed with blank white reactors to look "lit", but to date every single one of them had some sort of actual recessed detail/design. I just can't imagine they would drop it for the quarter scale. For s**ts and giggles, I'll put five bucks on it Motuxmen if you feel like a friendly wager.

It's possible there's something behind the chest plate. Or maybe they are swappable. But since this figure first was shown right up till a few hours ago every single image has showed it has the frosted arc..Except maybe the coming soon pic. And the pic posted today is pretty clear.

View attachment 224034

Last edited:
My theory is that they used the prototype in the leaked photo op picture, for god knows what reason. With many other marks, they were promo-ed with blank white reactors to look "lit", but to date every single one of them had some sort of actual recessed detail/design. I just can't imagine they would drop it for the quarter scale. For s**ts and giggles, I'll put five bucks on it Motuxmen if you feel like a friendly wager.

That would be a good explanation.but the leaked photo isn't the prototype.

As for the bet...I'm game. Lol

BUT-better make the terms clear. Lol I mean if it's swappable or when it's powered it's matte but off it's clear..ect...how's that work with a bet?lol

All I was saying was that the odds are favoring the matte type arc. Lol I

Five dollar wager. If it's opaque/white as pictured above then you win. If it's detailed with a semi/visible reactor unit as in the coming soon picture then I win. If it somehow incorporates both as individual options (i.e., swappable pieces, some kind of insert, etc) then we both win, and keep our five bucks. This is judged by the appearance of the reactor unlit, as it's a moot point when lit, from in hand pics upon official release. Payment via PayPal as gift within 24 hours of said release. Wager binding and witnessed here by fellow freaks. Bragging rights included for no more than two individual posts ;)

Agreed?

That would be a good explanation.but the leaked photo isn't the prototype.

As for the bet...I'm game. Lol

BUT-better make the terms clear. Lol I mean if it's swappable or when it's powered it's matte but off it's clear..ect...how's that work with a bet?lol

All I was saying was that the odds are favoring the matte type arc. Lol I

I realized that I forgot to upload the one (crappy) cellphone photo I took of the prototype during a show last September. If HT keeps it as is, then we'd have this type of arc reactor. It looks more pearl-white than the ivory white the figure in box has. Is the reactor on the 1/6 version detailed like the 1/6 Mark 42?

20150918_111757_zpsxhjcsfcz.jpg

Have to mention it again... this plastic looks way better than their diecast iron mans. Make the diecast look cheap.

I realized that I forgot to upload the one (crappy) cellphone photo I took of the prototype during a show last September. If HT keeps it as is, then we'd have this type of arc reactor. It looks more pearl-white than the ivory white the figure in box has. Is the reactor on the 1/6 version detailed like the 1/6 Mark 42?

20150918_111757_zpsxhjcsfcz.jpg

yes but slightly different. the outer triangle for mk42 is solid silver while mk43 is transparent

Back