1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics:

Attachments

• mark XLIII111.jpg
    mark XLIII111.jpg
    540.8 KB · Views: 561
  • mark XLIII222.jpg
    mark XLIII222.jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 561
  • mark XLIII333.jpg
    mark XLIII333.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 560
  • mark XLIII4444.jpg
    mark XLIII4444.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 568
Ah man - loving all of the dignified and awe-inspiring poses you've given your Starks! Alas my collection of MCU Tonys will never get anything so dignified I fear, it's far far too much fun being silly with him!

(Thanks for the rep for the photos! Sorry I managed to click the notification away before I saw who sent it... I will one day get used to all of the slight differences on here... One day :slap)

I see. It looks like it's a common problem for this figure. I have the same issue with mine on the left leg. I bought mine at midtown comics & they have no replacement. They are retailers of ssc so they tried to contact them but they didn't have replacement as well. I didn't want to return it so at least midtown gave me a $75 refund even though I didn't ask for it.

Yeah - I gave the lower leg one more shot, but that fourth light stays dead no matter what position the leg is in, or what the flaps are doing.

Fortunately I got this guy via one of the bigger UK collectibles retailers (FP) so it's all good, I'm going to go for a straight swap and keep my fingers crossed that new guy has better electronics. Though I admit I'm already irrationally attached to this particular Iron Man figure. (According to customer service guys at the shop my original MKXLIII is going to go all the way back to HT - so perhaps they'll fix him up?)

Nice mini bar. The blue light looks awesome reflecting off of him. Love how the boxes line the top as well. Very nice setup all the way around!

Nice mini bar. The blue light looks awesome reflecting off of him. Love how the boxes line the top as well. Very nice setup all the way around!

Thanks. Still not quite done. I'm building a case for it coz I'm afraid it might fall off from it. Putting in framed posters as well.

Ooh loving your bar set up and display there! As others have said he looks fantastic in that blue light.

Boom - my replacement mk43 came in just now, and all of the electronics are good this time around.

Though terribly I'm somehow less impressed with the paint job on this one, but I couldn't say why! (Think I'm irrationally missing the original figure I received)

There is one extremely minor issue with the replacement figure though. I think I may try to contact HT and attempt a part replacement since it would be utterly ridiculous to send the entire figure back to the retailer (which is what they'd want if I brought it up with them) for this v.minor issue but - one of the light up panels on the lower leg doesn't want to sit flush when it's in the shut position. Inspecting the thing closely the panel look's just a tad twisted, as if it was pulled on from the wrong angle as it was coming out of the mold, if indeed that's actually the process they're using on these things)

Edit: Ah, blast - looks like HT only allows replacement parts if you bought from a very short list of retailers, all of which only operate out of the East Asia region. Drat, it is irritating that I can't just ask to swap out that one wonky panel! (I do not want to be one of those customers that keeps returning the product, especially when the problem is so nitpicky. If it weren't for the fact that it would almost certainly ruin the paint I'd be highly tempted to dunk the panel in boiling water and see if I could put the problem right myself since the plastic looks and feels like it's ABS)

I remember your shots, they still look superb! Still the best looking figure HT have produced, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

NEVERMIND. Got the answer by searching the thread for height, which was actually a chore in itself.

The person posted that it's height with the base was around 57cm.

Anyone have a tape measure please? I'm too lazy to get mine out of the box just to see if the figure AND THE BASE will fit into my new bestas.

I'm hoping for anything under 22.5 inches!

Just grabbed this on eBay. Buzzing, my first 1/4 figure. Should get it on Monday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back