1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's not likely. That's essentially redesigned two bases, multiple engineering issues ect. And there's absolutely zero added benifit for hot toys. No ones going to buy it that wouldn't otherwise. They can't add enough cost to the back end to justify the added man hours and tooling ect. There's no reason to do it for hot toys.

Especially with this release. It was a test release. To check market interest. But there's just no incentive to them adding that kind of cost and hassle to the figures. Can't look at it just from a consumer stand point. You don't think there's any person that would buy the 1/4 scale iron man if it included a base like you described do you(that wouldn't have bought it as is)? And if you do, do you think there was a large enough amount of them to justify the added cost (probably require a double digit percentage increase in sales). And again, this is only people that would not have bought it as it currently sits.

Lol it wasn't a business proposal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol it wasn't a business proposal.

Didn't say it was. But not everyone will/would understand why they just can't/won't/didn't do it and they get mad or upset or it just colors their opinions and they don't even know why it wouldn't happen. Lots of people read others posts and assume Becuase you have a lot of posts or been around longer or they are new to collecting or whatever, that people's "wants" or jokes or ideas are more then that. And I think it's better they at least can find info that explains why or at least maybe why things are done. I think there's more then enough posts about what people want or dream or wish. Having one person who explains things from the company's "possible" view point isn't a problem. It's easy enough to skip my posts or block me if its not something you (as in anyone, not you specifically Royce) care to read.

And I know your follow up post wasn't a big deal, but I've seen the same type of post or even others that ask why I say anything. Just explaining my reasoning

Ok. So here's a question. Did your mark 43 also come with some assembly required?!? [emoji16]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454574586.068128.jpg

The light up is too cool not to be used permanently.

Dimmed the arc reactor a bit compared to the original and put a bit of frost foil between. The arc reactor and the led to smooth it out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454578344.468269.jpg

The light up is too cool not to be used permanently.

Dimmed the arc reactor a bit compared to the original and put a bit of frost foil between. The arc reactor and the led to smooth it out.

View attachment 243130
That looks a lot better. Can still see the arc reactor details even with it on.

How hard is it to hook up all the battery components together the way you're doing it? Would like to do something similar to mine when it arrives.

Finally unboxed mine. Swoooooon. Don't think I can go back to 1/6 IM figures save for Hulkbuster.

8ccb4b175c94663e2c8717535db17b57.jpg

That looks a lot better. Can still see the arc reactor details even with it on.

How hard is it to hook up all the battery components together the way you're doing it? Would like to do something similar to mine when it arrives.

Very complicated. Requires complete disassembly of most parts

Am I a moron? I can't seem to get him standing on the base...is it possible to adjust the cradle height? The legs on the figure don't reach the base the height that it's at for me.

Am I a moron? I can't seem to get him standing on the base...is it possible to adjust the cradle height? The legs on the figure don't reach the base the height that it's at for me.

Lol.. The cradle height can be adjusted. If you have it at the very top of the pole, IM's feet won't touch the stand.

Lol.. The cradle height can be adjusted. If you have it at the very top of the pole, IM's feet won't touch the stand.

Thank you sir ... Been a long day ha Since you're like the godfather of this board with all your awesome pics, do you plan on getting the 1/4 45?

Thank you sir ... Been a long day ha Since you're like the godfather of this board with all your awesome pics, do you plan on getting the 1/4 45?

Haha! Thanks. I'm happy to sit back and watch all of the awesome pictures flowing in now. I think this figure is officially a runaway hit. I am going to pass on the 45. I like the more mechanical looking suits. 45 starts the more organic look.

Haha! Thanks. I'm happy to sit back and watch all of the awesome pictures flowing in now. I think this figure is officially a runaway hit. I am going to pass on the 45. I like the more mechanical looking suits. 45 starts the more organic look.

True ... The 43 has such an amazing industrial look. I might just get the 45 based just on loving this figure so much. 1/6 Iron Man figures are ruined for me now...I hope they make the Mark 6 eventually.

It's hard upgrade to the larger version and then go back. 1/4 ruined 1/6 for me as a whole lol.. Based on the response the 43 is receiving I'm sure the Mark 6 is a definite possibility. I really hope that HT takes this scale serious and gives us some more Avengers to pair him with.

Back