1/4 DC Comics line - Prime 1 Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From this small tease, this already puts to shame the most recent GL PF and from the pose it can easily rival the older PF.
N52 versions of Darkseid, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Brainiac are all solid, on top of my head.

New 52 Darkseid is terrible

I don't think Prime1 will have to stick with the exact comic rendition of the characters. Sideshow and XM can change details, the N52 Darkseid is an armored Darkseid, with some good proportions and a realistic take on the sculpt I think it has potential to make for an awesome and detailed piece. Not classic for sure, but I can see it appealing collectors.

It will sell for sure. People buy Bayformers statues and those Bay TMNT movie statues. Lots of collectors don't read comics so they don't care what costume it is.

From this small tease, this already puts to shame the most recent GL PF and from the pose it can easily rival the older PF.
N52 versions of Darkseid, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Brainiac are all solid, on top of my head.

I actually like the new GL way better than the first one. Still undecided on this one though. Dynamic pose could be all kinds of awesome.

It will sell for sure. People buy Bayformers statues and those Bay TMNT movie statues. Lots of collectors don't read comics so they don't care what costume it is.

True. As long as it looks nice.

This seems so awkward. From that tease I already know that I like the Prime 1 GL better than the SS GL currently up for preorder. How many people are going to cancel their Sideshow preorder in favor of the Prime 1 GL, which will then be distributed by Sideshow?
I won't cancel my SSC Green Lantern for this because I really like the pose and expression of that one but I am definitely interested in this reveal. I may have to cancel something else if this ends up being great. :)

prime1supes_zps83dhglzo.jpg

Interesting pic. This looks dangerous. HOWEVER, no way in the world am I spending the $900+, like their new Harley Quinn statue. They must be out of their minds to charge that much.

Keep in mind, Harley is 1:3, this is 1:4.

I don't see any language about it being 1:3 scale on Sideshow's website. I do see that the overall statue is 29" tall. I am "guesstimating", at minimum, a 5" tall base, which would put her at 24". That tells me 1:4 scale but I understand the reasoning why they would classify it 1:3 scale. It's a GREAT looking statue, but I hope I am able to afford their statues. The 4-figure aftermarket costs for the XM studios statues pushes me away from purchasing them. If Prime 1 does the same, that would really suck for people like me.

I don't see any language about it being 1:3 scale on Sideshow's website. I do see that the overall statue is 29" tall. I am "guesstimating", at minimum, a 5" tall base, which would put her at 24". That tells me 1:4 scale but I understand the reasoning why they would classify it 1:3 scale.

24" at 1:4 scale would make her 8 feet tall. Trust me, she's 1:3.

It's 1:3 scale, as you say, Harley on herself is about 24", more probably 22". Her height is listed as 5'7" in the comics. A Harley in 1:4 scale would be about 16", probably 17" with boots/heels. You can easily use the size comparison tool on Sideshow's website and compare it to any other PF.
And just to add - 1:3 scale has roughly double the volume of 1:4 scale, it's quite a difference. I would expect 1:4 Prime1 pieces to be somewhere in the 600$ area, to keep a good difference between 1:4 and 1:3 pieces.

I wonder how much play Prime 1 is allowed with the New 52 costumes. This Supes doesn't seem to have the high collar that the New 52 Superman has. That's my preference anyway, I never liked the high collar.

24" at 1:4 scale would make her 8 feet tall. Trust me, she's 1:3.

It's 1:3 scale, as you say, Harley on herself is about 24", more probably 22". Her height is listed as 5'7" in the comics. A Harley in 1:4 scale would be about 16", probably 17" with boots/heels. You can easily use the size comparison tool on Sideshow's website and compare it to any other PF.
And just to add - 1:3 scale has roughly double the volume of 1:4 scale, it's quite a difference. I would expect 1:4 Prime1 pieces to be somewhere in the 600$ area, to keep a good difference between 1:4 and 1:3 pieces.

OK... Now I'm on the same page. Thanks for the explanations. I'm really hoping for no more than that $600 tag for their DC line. Can't just get one character. lol

Back