1/4 DC Comics line - Prime 1 Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I will need to see myself. I think Prime 1 statues are boring and uninspired, so they will need to step up their game big time to get me on board.

I realized a while ago via people constantly mentioning the two companies in the Sideshow section of the other forum that a lot of the interest, my own included, in their actual products derives more from the quality control, which SS is too comfortable letting slip due to their licensing advantage. I haven't been a fan of the majority of XM's designs or Prime 1's poses (Batgirl looks incredibly promising though and Deathstroke is a beast), but the presence of both competitors to SS excites me for what's in store. I just want the optimism to be divorced from the toxic fanboyism on both sides. Lets enjoy all the options we're getting for larger scale characters. Even NECA has been killing it this past year with their budget-friendly 1:4 figures.

I agree. I hope everyone does statues that appeal to me. I don't care who makes them. Well, maybe I do care if everyone starts making statues I love. There is no way I can afford them all!

I agree. I hope everyone does statues that appeal to me. I don't care who makes them. Well, maybe I do care if everyone starts making statues I love. There is no way I can afford them all!

Exactly. The one thing that is truly uninspiring is considering, should I ever be lucky enough to win the lottery, how much of whatever doesn't go to family and charity I would spend on these damned collectibles. :slap

This is what I will need to see myself. I think Prime 1 statues are boring and uninspired, so they will need to step up their game big time to get me on board.

For that price, I can't say I disagree with you. Although statues can still look menacing (where intended) and majestic even in museum poses, just look at Deathstroke, he's a winner. The other ones from the Arkham line, not that much. Noel looks cool, but DS still beats it hands down without even having to do much imo.

For that price, I can't say I disagree with you. Although statues can still look menacing (where intended) and majestic even in museum poses, just look at Deathstroke, he's a winner. The other ones from the Arkham line, not that much. Noel looks cool, but DS still beats it hands down without even having to do much imo.

Deathstroke is a straight BEAST. It's the only Prime piece I have on PO. Now I'm just waiting for a Arkham Asylum/City Bats I like.

Update from Kira!!

"Hi guys, we are working on multiple projects for DC and Marvel 1/4 scale and it's all base on Comics.
We expect to see something during this summer. "

Update from Kira!!

"Hi guys, we are working on multiple projects for DC and Marvel 1/4 scale and it's all base on Comics.
We expect to see something during this summer. "

Good to know. Anxious to see some of the first pieces (to see how they compare to Sideshow, XM, and Iron Studios).

This seems so awkward. From that tease I already know that I like the Prime 1 GL better than the SS GL currently up for preorder. How many people are going to cancel their Sideshow preorder in favor of the Prime 1 GL, which will then be distributed by Sideshow?

This seems so awkward. From that tease I already know that I like the Prime 1 GL better than the SS GL currently up for preorder. How many people are going to cancel their Sideshow preorder in favor of the Prime 1 GL, which will then be distributed by Sideshow?

I hate new 52.

image.jpg

The New 52 costumes' appeal for me is almost entirely dependent on the artist drawing them. While I often like Jim Lee's renditions of the classic costumes, his drawing style just makes his New 52 designs look like a bunch of unnecessary lines. I think the DCC Icons and metallic Superman: Man of Steel statues have done a good job of highlighting their positive aspects though.

Just the tag on the comics, the story lines and outfits are remaining...

Personally I'm excited for the New 52 costumes... Although I can respect the old style, I'm excited for something new.

same here. I'll most likely grab a few New52 1/4 pieces. Definitely Superman at the very least depending on price of course. I can barely afford the new PF prices from SS, not sure if I'd be able to afford something of Prime1 caliber

Back