1/4 and 1/6 Hot Toys Batman TDKR Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With Batman and Avengers being the 2 big boys on the block, I'd be surprise if we saw any DKR full reveals before IM Mark VII and Hulk. Unless of course HT is considering Mark VII and Hulk as guaranteed sucesses. Then again, none of us can figure out their MO. Based on that interview, it seems like HT doesn't know what HT is doing sometimes.

They already said that wasnt happening awhile ago. Thats not new.

Yea. I only put that in their because inthe article, it seems more definitive that it will never happen. I think in the other interview, it was said to be put on hold or something like that. My memory isn't that great.:dunno

With Batman and Avengers being the 2 big boys on the block, I'd be surprise if we saw any DKR full reveals before IM Mark VII and Hulk. Unless of course HT is considering Mark VII and Hulk as guaranteed sucesses. Then again, none of us can figure out their MO. Based on that interview, it seems like HT doesn't know what HT is doing sometimes.

I'd be surprised if we didn't see TDKR reveals before Mark VII and Hulk. There were a LOT of Avengers announcements around the time it was released to theaters -- I'd expect the same for TDKR.

You don't exploit two licenses simultaneously by leaving one hanging -- and missing event-marketing around the movie release date -- while you finish out the other line.

Avengers is also a VERY big line -- Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk, Fury, Loki ... and that's just to start. I think we're looking at three figures, maybe four, to start for TDKR. With a line that big, there's no need to finish out the Avengers before starting on TDKR.

SnakeDoc

Looks like the Bat will probably be at Comic Con.

Hoping Bane and Catwoman join Batman and the Bat. :rock

Now, if only HT would announce the Camo Tumbler... If they do, then either it, or Bane better come with the photo of Harvey Dent.

Meh. I think I'd have to pass on a camo tumbler. Just wouldn't have any wow factor and look out of place with a black Batpod, tumbler, and bat IMO.

Well, I'm actually passing on the Black Tumbler (for now). My goal is for my 1/6th TDKR line to be vehicle-centric, so to speak. So, that'd be Batman and The Bat, Catwoman and the Bat-Pod, and finally, Bane and the Camo Tumbler. So, I agree in that the wow factor isn't there, but rather, you get the "wow" factor in the finished display (which is this):

dark-knight-rises-bane_610.jpg

I gotcha, ya Bane and camo tumbler should be great.... Unless he has his own badass ride we don't know about yet lol. I'm planning on posing the figures separately in the detolf. I don't want to hide them inside the vehicles. And the Bat, depending on if we have to hang them, can only display the new DX Batman in the cockpit. No way I'm only displaying his face!

New announcement from HT...

"The Dark Knight Rises movie is coming in just two weeks!
Batman fans, are you ready for the movie and its collectibles?

Here comes the DX Batman in its high-flying The Bat collectible from the movie! Please expect the most movie-accurate DX Batman to come very soon!"

Hopefully they're true to their word on "very soon". It looks pretty good in the window...

553853_10150910352357344_769487004_n.jpg

Back