Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no Prime 1 market expert...it appears to me the majority of Prime 1 1/3 scale releases do not appreciate in value, intact they are available on eBay for a bit less.

What do u guys think? Are there any Prime 1 1/3 scale pieces that have become sought after in the secondary market?
I think Two Face appreciated. And I think the Miller Batman will once they're all sold out from Sideshow and Prime 1.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm no Prime 1 market expert...it appears to me the majority of Prime 1 1/3 scale releases do not appreciate in value, infact they are available on eBay for a bit less.

What do u guys think? Are there any Prime 1 1/3 scale pieces that have become sought after in the secondary market?

My experience is big expensive pieces are great statement pieces on ones collection, But when it comes time to sell the big expensive NEWER pieces they are all trading on the market below or at retail. Which tells me there is no rush to hurry up and buy. What do u guys think?

Batman Beyond?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no Prime 1 market expert...it appears to me the majority of Prime 1 1/3 scale releases do not appreciate in value, infact they are available on eBay for a bit less.

My experience is big expensive pieces are great statement pieces on ones collection, But when it comes time to sell the big expensive NEWER pieces they are all trading on the market below or at retail. Which tells me there is no rush to hurry up and buy. What do u guys think?

I think the Mr. Freeze EX will hold its value, and the sculpted cape Hush Supes. But yes, they are exceptions.

They're both amazing but I'm leaning to the DKR version. The Hush one is probably more "iconic" yes, but I just love the look/presence of the DKR one. He just looks like a badass.

Much prefer the HUSH Supes, I like proportions more, and I love the Jim Lee style. I also love how he is hovering and looking down, thats a badass Superman to me. The DKR version is nice, but he looks more like a bodybuilding Elvis/Jay Leno to me. I like the chunky look of the character though because it matches the Batman statue, and it reflects the comic, but I dont think its anywhere near as good as that HUSH one.

I asked about the Keaton statue again and was told it was on indefinite hold. I would lierally order it within minutes as it the only other Batman statue I am interested in aside from the DKR, which I dont think gets enough love. For me it the most aggressive and mean Batman statue ever made. Stunning.

How do you guys think the new 1/3 scale Miller Superman compares to the Hush version?

Hush Superman all day for me but I don't think the Miller Superman is a bad statue by any means. Just comes down to which source material you prefer. I hated the way Miller portrayed Superman in TDRK and Jim Lee is my favourite comic book artist so for me it's a no brainer.

I've always enjoyed Frank Miller's art, however, I think the P1 statue needs a few tweaks. It looks good and I'm P1 will end up adjusting a few things as they tend to do. As of now, the Hush version is clearly the better of the two for me.

Just joined the Sideshow waitlist for the sculpted cape. Do you think there’s a decent chance it will convert?

Is there any way i could move my pre order over to you? Going to cost me to much to get him shipped here i ordered the fabric locally.

Is there any way i could move my pre order over to you? Going to cost me to much to get him shipped here i ordered the fabric locally.

I’m surprised you preordered the fabric cape version direct from Sideshow. As it usually cost 30% on top of what it would cost to get it from Popcultcha, and that was before what seems to be substantial increases in shipping charges that seem to be showing up the past month or so.

I’ve currently got 4 Prime 1 Exclusive (or Ultimate) preorders through Sideshow, and now I’m wondering if it would have cost me relatively the same by ordering direct from Prime 1 and getting it a month or so earlier.

I’m going to guess they won’t allow that. If you’re serious would you consider emailing and asking them. That way you wouldn’t lose your deposit if it could transfer to me.

I’m surprised you preordered the fabric cape version direct from Sideshow. As it usually cost 30% on top of what it would cost to get it from Popcultcha, and that was before what seems to be substantial increases in shipping charges that seem to be showing up the past month or so.

I’ve currently got 4 Prime 1 Exclusive (or Ultimate) preorders through Sideshow, and now I’m wondering if it would have cost me relatively the same by ordering direct from Prime 1 and getting it a month or so earlier.

I ordered the fabric cape version from popcultcha which is why i would be saving so much money.

I’m going to guess they won’t allow that. If you’re serious would you consider emailing and asking them. That way you wouldn’t lose your deposit if it could transfer to me.

They will take my deposit. Ill just cancel it if its late or when the shipping cost comes in and its really expensive.

They won't allow that. You can't even transfer a deposit from one order to another on your own account. Plus, that's effectively cutting the waitlist line lol. He can change the shipping address to you though. And you can pay him for it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So I went ahead and preordered the cloth cape while waiting to see if my sculpted cape converts. The more I’ve thought about it I’m not sure which one i’d now prefer. I keep going back and forth. At first I thought sculpt but seeing everyone advocate that cloth is better has started to change my mind.

So I went ahead and preordered the cloth cape while waiting to see if my sculpted cape converts. The more I’ve thought about it I’m not sure which one i’d now prefer. I keep going back and forth. At first I thought sculpt but seeing everyone advocate that cloth is better has started to change my mind.

Not everyone prefers cloth capes but I do personally, it's down to your preference. The reasons I prefer cloth is poseability, and it means a lighter and smaller box for shipping and storage, and the statue will fit in a smaller spot if needed. Some will argue sculpted looks better and the weight adds to the piece :dunno

Back