Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow this is super cool. Like others I was thinking the head was to small but if they got that right now its gonna be hard not to get this.

Dude, I just realized this piece existed a couple days ago :lol

I think I'm in love. I think it's the most beautiful superhero piece I've ever seen. I have no attachment to The Hush Series, but this thing has me completely floored. I'm not one of these knuckleheads that buys everything that looks great. There's too much stuff and everything is so expensive. This piece is a game-changer, it's making me break my rules. It's that ridiculous.

Dude, I just realized this piece existed a couple days ago :lol

I think I'm in love. I think it's the most beautiful superhero piece I've ever seen. I have no attachment to The Hush Series, but this thing has me completely floored. I'm not one of these knuckleheads that buys everything that looks great. There's too much stuff and everything is so expensive. This piece is a game-changer, it's making me break my rules. It's that ridiculous.

Agree, it's the most beautiful statue I've ever seen. I don't have room for a base this size but I'm getting it anyway. Somehow space will be made, it just has to be! Fairly sure it's the only Superman statue I'll ever need. While Batman has many different looks across comics and movies that I appreciate, the classic Superman look is the only one I really care for.

At present it seems to me that only P1 will be able to beat this statue down the line. It will only be surpassed by another 1/3 Superman. I believe in 1/4 scale no statue will be able to match its presence.

At present it seems to me that only P1 will be able to beat this statue down the line. It will only be surpassed by another 1/3 Superman. I believe in 1/4 scale no statue will be able to match its presence.

A 1/3 Reeve Superman would be very tempting otherwise I think this will be the only Superman I need in this scale. Unlike Batman he doesn't have tons of different looks. I have little interest in armoured or non classic looks, Jim Lee is my favourite artist so this ticks every box.

A 1/3 Reeve Superman would be very tempting otherwise I think this will be the only Superman I need in this scale. Unlike Batman he doesn't have tons of different looks. I have little interest in armoured or non classic looks, Jim Lee is my favourite artist so this ticks every box.

I would still like a Kingdom Come version.

I would still like a Kingdom Come version.

I too could be tempted by a Kingdom Come version or any other version looking as awesome as this Hush Superman.
I don't think I'd pull the trigger on getting another until this one is all set up and in its place of honor. I've got to see how much room this thing really takes up.....

I would still like a 1/2 scale classic comic costume version.

I'm not sure that would be well received. Given the scale, chances are that they'll go mixed media on it, and because the classic suit doesn't really have the intricate details that the Cavill suit does, it could unfortunately come out like the recent Legendary Spidey.

I'm not sure that would be well received. Given the scale, chances are that they'll go mixed media on it, and because the classic suit doesn't really have the intricate details that the Cavill suit does, it could unfortunately come out like the recent Legendary Spidey.

If it looks like the first pf with a fabric cape it would be fine.

I only have one Superman statue in my collection it's the 1/7ish scale Alex Ross statue. Cool little piece. I didn't buy any Superman statues because I was waiting for the definitive Christopher Reeve Superman piece. Christopher Reeve will forever be my Superman and him playing that character has a special place in my heart.

I know a Big Beautiful Reeve statue must be in the pipeline somewhere, but I'm not certain I will pick it up. The Reeve Superman costume is incredibly plain and quite dull. 1/3 scale would only highlight how simple and definition lacking that look is. Meanwhile this piece for me, is my IDEAL look of Superman. the head sculpt is strong and handsome, his suit is filled with detail, his physique is tremendous and the pose couldn't be better. It's simple, and that what I love about it. All of these qualities are amplified at this scale, and the mixed media cape for me is the ONLY way to go. I can see if people ordered Batman with the sculpted cape and want Superman to match...I get it, but you can rotate the figure with the fabric cape version, you pose the cape to how you want it and to how it fits your display (that's the big kicker...the sculpted cape version is so much more versatile and that's big deal when because this piece is a monstrosity)... in my mind it's a much better, much nicer version compared to the sculpted cape version.

This too checks every box of mine. Jim Lee's art across all comic universes is my favorite.

I think a reeve piece would work at 1/3 or even 1/2 scale. Just because it's plain doesnt mean it can't look fantastic, sometimes I think the newer costumes are too busy and packed with detail that is meant for life sized people so the detail gets lost or doesn't look right

I think a reeve piece would work at 1/3 or even 1/2 scale. Just because it's plain doesnt mean it can't look fantastic, sometimes I think the newer costumes are too busy and packed with detail that is meant for life sized people so the detail gets lost or doesn't look right

It would work for that look, I agree. Anything Reeve as Superman strikes a chord within millions of people, so yes I do agree. But Nostalgia aside, that piece would be nowhere as epic as this Jim Lee version, on so many levels. The only thing that is getting lost with this piece is my $999 + shipping.

While I think this will be the iconic Supes for some time to come, a Reeve in 1/3 scale would fly off the shelves (provided the sculpt was pulled off). He is the epitome of Superman for millions of people and SS PF was a slap in the face to him, his family and collectors who couldn’t wait to order him.

It would work for that look, I agree. Anything Reeve as Superman strikes a chord within millions of people, so yes I do agree. But Nostalgia aside, that piece would be nowhere as epic as this Jim Lee version, on so many levels. The only thing that is getting lost with this piece is my $999 + shipping.

Comic versions will always beat movie versions for me, that is where these characters really live. Live action versions are always toned down for the limitations of the real world.

Jim Lee is as good as it gets for me especially for Superman, Batman and Catwoman.

I still think a Prime 1 Reeve Superman would look awesome. Obviously it wouldn't come close to this but would look good against other live action based statues.

Maybe prime 1 will get round to their keaton batman then see a gap in the market...

I'd love to display those two together. Keep hoping HT will make 1/4 scale versions of them but doesn't look likely so fingers crossed for Prime 1.

I'm no Prime 1 market expert...it appears to me the majority of Prime 1 1/3 scale releases do not appreciate in value, infact they are available on eBay for a bit less.

What do u guys think? Are there any Prime 1 1/3 scale pieces that have become sought after in the secondary market?

My experience is big expensive pieces are great statement pieces on ones collection, But when it comes time to sell the big expensive NEWER pieces they are all trading on the market below or at retail. Which tells me there is no rush to hurry up and buy. What do u guys think?

Last edited:
Back