Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I went ahead and preordered the cloth cape while waiting to see if my sculpted cape converts. The more I’ve thought about it I’m not sure which one i’d now prefer. I keep going back and forth. At first I thought sculpt but seeing everyone advocate that cloth is better has started to change my mind.

Actually I find that most comments are from people who prefer sculpted over cloth. As mentioned there are pro's and con's to both.

Unless it's 1/2 scale and up, I've always preferred sculpted over fabric, unless it's a black leather etc for Batman's cape.

For me the pros' for sculpted are that it's easier to dust (as I myself have what I consider a dust issue), and whenever you dust a fabric cape, you have to re-sculpt it back to your liking (which I'm terrible at), and honestly I almost always prefer how the sculpted cape looks like over how a fabric cape looks in hand (mine and photos provided by other collectors).

Whereas the pros' for fabric are that it's lighter, less prone to leaning, takes up less space, and some collectors prefer that over time that they can 'potentially' change the look of their statue just by bending any available wired capes etc.

Yeah I forgot about the dusting issue. My dream is to have everything behind glass but that would be very expensive

I get why people like to have their pieces behind glass, but I don't like that separation. I like them out in the open.
Yeah I agree. The cases make total sense, but I just personally prefer to have them uncovered.

I get why people like to have their pieces behind glass, but I don't like that separation. I like them out in the open.

My issue with glass/perspex is the annoying reflections. Be it daylight, LED light, TV etc...half the time I get a less than ideal view of my stuff. I plan to have this Superman and all Prime 1 statues in the open. Fully sculpted they should be easy to dust and I'll just remove the cape every so often to give it a proper clean.

My waitlist for the Sculpted Cap ended up converting many many moons ago; before it converted I had already ordered the Fabric version so I ended up with both on PO. At first, I was all over the Fabric version, partially due to the fact that I had already missed out on the sculpted cape version but mostly because my experience with SSC Sculpted Capes left a lot to be desired (they stink-bulky & heavy as **** without too much detail). I've had many months now to ponder over this, and have decided to keep the sculpted version PO and cancel the Fabric version. I know the benefits of both but I also own Prime 1 1/4 Scale Supes Statue (which I received after PO'ing the Fabric version) and the sculpted cape is a work of art -its not heavy or bulky like SSC's so there is need to worry about leaning, no unnecessary added weight, and a lot easier to put on, remove and store away without worrying about breakage (its scary as **** putting on and removing the Original Supes & Bats PF Cape). I'm sure the sculpted cape on this Hush version will be just as good if not better then the other one I own. The Fabric one looks awesome too so you cant really go wrong, but ya those prime 1 sculpted capes are amazing nothing like SSC ones (which is probably why SSC doesn't really do sculpted capes anymore, and their fabric capes are mostly terrible with a few exceptions)

My reason for opting for the fabric version was simply about space. I'd prefer fully sculpted but they have this cape pushed so far to one side it adds width to an already huge statue. I think it adds depth to.

If space was no issue I'd have gone with the sculpted version. Either way we are getting the best Superman statue ever made so it's all good.

So it appears this will be shipping a lot early than expected, the fabric cape edition at least. Saw this on the Facebook Prime 1 Collectors group.

50966653_10156131080208177_3831141163386011648_n.jpg

Hopefully the sculpted version will start shipping at the same time. $500 bucks for shipping holy crap, no statue is worth paying that much..

For those of us living outside the US sometimes it's the only way if we wan't the exclusive. Shipping and import tax will run to at least $400 on most statues. I'm getting this one from a UK retailer so shipping won't be a problem, but the Hush Batman and DKR III Batman I'm getting from Sideshow.

If this ships for 500us dollars it will make it 1500usd shipped plus 150 import tax equaling $1650. That is for me roughly $2310aud. The fabric edition from popculcha is costing me after penny discounts $1350aud delivered. Roughly $950aud to get a sculpted cape.

Go with fabric then, sculpted is not worth paying that much more. Fabric is still a beautiful statue. The fabric is made of high quality materials not not the cheap stuff like ssc uses :)

I hope the fabric cape is good on this guy, sadly I didn't have space for the sculpted version so went fabric.

Wow you have a lot of Superman on pre-order! If you don't mind me asking which of those three Supes statues are you looking forward to most?

Go with fabric then, sculpted is not worth paying that much more. Fabric is still a beautiful statue. The fabric is made of high quality materials not not the cheap stuff like ssc uses :)

I love them both but i cant pay 950 more for the same statue. It will be fabric.

Just got an email from sideshow saying this guy will be arriving at their warehouse in 10 days!!! Shipping isn't half as bad as I feared - $100 to Maryland. March can't come soon enough :yess:

Just got an email from sideshow saying this guy will be arriving at their warehouse in 10 days!!! Shipping isn't half as bad as I feared - $100 to Maryland. March can't come soon enough :yess:
Fabric cape or sculpted?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back