Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks amazing. This and Jim Lee batman are Day one PO for me :)

I've been staying away from 1/3 scale statues, too.

But I'm debating if this should be my first 1/3 scale. I think it will depend on the end result of this piece. I'll have to see ....

Wait, what ... there's a teaser pic up for Superman already, but nothing for Jim Lee Batman yet? It will be interesting to see how a floating pose is going to work at this scale.

So what do we think the price range for this will be?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Man, statue prices are getting up there now. When I first started, they were like $250 (yes, I'm old).

Yes ... To justify Prime's prices, it better be 10X better than these two awesome Jim Lee sculpts (these statues were about $100 ea). Haha

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_3942.jpg

With XM 1:4. Man, must really be selective nowdays

Yup ...especially now that XM has the green light to make 1/4 scale DC characters. Need to be selective indeed!

Yes, you're right. But these prices are still steep ...and being selective is a smart play.

I agree being selective is key. I was pretty into this as Superman is my fav, but I dont really want to jump into 1/3 scale as it would look odd with my other statues. Now I will wait to see what XM does with their Superman since they do dynamic and more impressive art direction with their statues. Also I heard a lot of people say Prime 1 statues seem to be somewhat flat/dull paintwise.

But he is a Jim Lee Superman who is one of my favourite artist, and the pose looks cool if they nail the floating affect. Its going to be a wait and see approach.

Yes, you're right. But these prices are still steep ...and being selective is a smart play.

Where I'm at, P1 pieces, you be lucky to sell off at retail prices. XM, on the one I own, quiet easy to sell at retail or above when I need space or want to sell. This also is a part to being selective :)

Where I'm at, P1 pieces, you be lucky to sell off at retail prices. XM, on the one I own, quiet easy to sell at retail or above when I need space or want to sell. This also is a part to being selective :)

Yeah I had a hard time selling the Prime 1 movie turtles and that was with them being sold out for several months. I had to take a loss on all 4 to get rid of them... They are very big and bulky makes it hard to find display space, I just don't see 1/3rd doing well in the aftermarket when the time does come to sell..

I agree, Dan. That's part of the reason why I chose to stay away from 1/3 scale. That and the space factor. I just couldn't do it. Thought I'd save myself the trouble.

Back