1/3 Alien Warrior maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course they are going to say that, lol... ^^^^

I have the Dog Alien...and it?s base is not quite 30x30, it?s a tad smaller, 30x24 (the tail adds to the listed length). The bad boy sits on top of my heavy duty Seville Classic HD cabinet.

The P1 Warrior base is 30x30. If I get that one, might have to move the Dog to a different spot.

P.S. And of course the Giger maquette doesn?t have the wrists cuff/elbow spikes, as it?s the piece Giger worked on before the final movie suit version. And that?s the whole point of me getting that one, as I wanted the Museum replica.

BTW, you say you would pay $1K for the CoolProps Giger maquette, well, it only cost me $750 as I used Rewards Points, so there, lol.

I might still pull the trigger on the P1 action pose Big Chap though, as that?s the movie version.

They have confirmed it is 1/3. Coolprops owns the license for 1/3. They got it when they started the dog alien.
P1 was going to do 1/4 and people got upset because they had invested in the dog. And so they came out and said that the 1/4 line is completely canceled and they are doing 1/3. You can see it next to the chap and warrior at the p1 sci fi event. They can make 1/3 they just can't stick it on the box...

https://youtu.be/5VWhZfR4f2s you can clearly see the dog and chaps with this warrior. It begins at 40 seconds in.

Yeah, it looks like 1/3. I like my statues to have height. I don’t care if it’s 40 inches tall, that’s actually cool. My problem are with these damn bases, so unnecessarily gigantic.

We shall see...

the ridgid wire above the mouth that wraps around is missing the ridges. It is a smooth tube.

This is why I was worried about the gloss coat. I've seen the raw 3D model for this and those details are there, but the heavy lacquer they apply gets into the grooves and softens them. No customizer can fix that without straight-up resculpting it. The most recent images for this maquette came out last summer and they hired a studio in Beijing to paint the prototype. Their own factories may not go as heavy on the lacquer when production starts, but we'll have to see.

I doubt it'll sell out before release unless the price is substantially lower than Prime 1's, so I'll likely wait until in-hand pics. The only thing that could get me onboard before then is a hot price tag, an updated prototype, or the Wolf and Scar heads releasing in the interim with primo production paint. If the company delayed their ship dates to improve them, I want to see the end result before I assume they've raised their bar.

Last edited:
This is why I was worried about the gloss coat. I've seen the raw 3D model for this and those details are there, but the heavy lacquer they apply gets into the grooves and softens them. No customizer can fix that without straight-up resculpting it. The most recent images for this maquette came out last summer and they hired a studio in Beijing to paint the prototype. Their own factories may not go as heavy on the lacquer when production starts, but we'll have to see.

FYI, the pictures shown so far are just from a prototype: a quick casting and quick paint just to be ready on time to display something for SDCC. The casting was not perfect and the paint was not final either... due to lack of time. Simple as that.

Yes raw unpainted pictures from the sculpt have been posted... and yes the rigid wire above the mouth is there. And the final production piece will have all that.

That's my concern, it doesn't look like 1/3 to me, more a 1/3.5 - 1/4 especially when looking at the vids...you clearly saw how the big chap is way bigger even if the're both in a crouch pose...and 20 cm difference in height...is 33 % of the total warrior height...so imagine if you do 1m80 and you crouch yourself will you do 1m20 ??? Doesn't work sorry. That's not 1/3 to me, maybe it fits perfectly together like the 1/4 Scorpion fits perfectly next to the Dog...but the Scorpion is 1/4.

The warrior is also the smallest alien. It comes up to the tip of the dogs tail shown in picture attached. It is 1/3. 20200617_154554.jpg

The height of the Warrior is the same height of the dog. The tallest point of the dog is the tail. If you see them side by side it is clear the warrior is 1/3. It is also the smaller of all the Aliens. The tip of the tubes matches the dogs tail height. At least due to their official measurements. IMG_20200626_112912.jpg

FYI, the pictures shown so far are just from a prototype: a quick casting and quick paint just to be ready on time to display something for SDCC. The casting was not perfect and the paint was not final either... due to lack of time. Simple as that.

I'm hoping when they do solicit the preorder in the coming days/weeks/whatever-"soon"-is, they'll have an updated prototype. My thinking is there's usually going to be some drop in quality going into production, but if a company can't even get the prototype -- the bait, if you will -- to look good, what hope does the final product have?

That's my concern, it doesn't look like 1/3 to me, more a 1/3.5 - 1/4 especially when looking at the vids...you clearly saw how the big chap is way bigger even if the're both in a crouch pose...and 20 cm difference in height...is 33 % of the total warrior height...so imagine if you do 1m80 and you crouch yourself will you do 1m20 ??? Doesn't work sorry. That's not 1/3 to me, maybe it fits perfectly together like the 1/4 Scorpion fits perfectly next to the Dog...but the Scorpion is 1/4.

Big Chap is only leaning forward slightly, plus he's got that wall behind him that goes up higher than his head. Warrior is fully crouched with a greater bend in the knees and legs spread.

Comparing the bust dimensions, the heads look to be the same size.

I'm hoping when they do solicit the preorder in the coming days/weeks/whatever-"soon"-is, they'll have an updated prototype. My thinking is there's usually going to be some drop in quality going into production, but if a company can't even get the prototype -- the bait, if you will -- to look good, what hope does the final product have?

Obviously the prototype will be updated. And having an unfinished or not final prototype displayed, sometimes not even painted, is something VERY common in that industry. That's the purpose of a prototype. So anticipating the final quality of a product based on this, does not make sense (no offense). Anyway you know what I mean. :wink1:

It's common knowledge. The big chap was the largest. The dog is number two because of the leg extension second joint. And Aliens they used shorter stunt men.

If I order the Big Chap, specifically the action pose version...I don?t want that wall. Not only does it add to the expense...but it?s really not necessary, as you can display it without that wall attachment. I like my Alien to be free standing with no background wall mount. I?m not going to dril it on a wall stud. I rather have a framed poster behind it.

It's common knowledge. The big chap was the largest. The dog is number two because of the leg extension second joint. And Aliens they used shorter stunt men.

Okay then, i found some sources saying the warrior is bigger than the big chap...so common knowledge doesn't work here.

Aliensize.JPG

Okay then, i found some sources saying the warrior is bigger than the big chap...so common knowledge doesn't work here.

This is according to comics, games, extended universe, fan conjecture, etc. There's even a NECA Gorilla Alien in the video, which tells you where they're coming from. We're talking about film props and suits here.

sure i know and the prime 1 warrior is a comic version. So i'm totally on point. You're talking like it was a movie version which is not. Anyway , i will probably get the prime 1 but really want to see the coolprops before making a final decision.

I'm going by the films. That scale throws in all kinds of Aliens. I'm going by Balaji who was 7ft. With the alien head on top and heels he was over 8 feet. The actors who played the warriors were all stunt guys probably around 6 foot. The dog was played by Tom woodruff who is shorter. But he played partial from the torso up. The rod puppet had the extended leg.
I'm going by the scale of the actual film actors playing the Alien. The chap is by far the tallest of the 3 films.

you shouldn't it's a comic version

For licensing purposes. Just like the Big Game cover art Predator which we all know is the Jungle Hunter.

If taking the label literally makes it easier for your head canon, more power to you.

I'll be going with the p1. I quite like the diorama style. I prefer the acid burn on the cp. But in my opinion cp looks like a toy pose. And their history of paint being over the top or non existent I'll go with prime1. I prefer their chap too since it is based on the film suit not the museum statue. Plus it actually has paint apps. I do think it is smarter to do little to no paint than to do what they were doing with the lifesize heads.

Prime 1 is far and away the better product IMO. It just has more life to it. the slight turn to the pose helps it feel more alive and natural. I agree about the CP Aliens looking like a pose of a toy. I think I said that already that it looks like a poorly posed hot toys product.

But that freaking P1 base... THAT FREAKING P1 BASE!!! Why???? I would have ordered already.

30 x 30 base is just too massive for me...my mancave is really small and is already maxed out.

Yep.... I am trying to figure something out but I want it to look good and not hanging 10 inches over a shelf

I think saying that it has a toy pose is nitpicking, they both have similar poses.

Its just too boring AND stiff IMO.. Which give it that toy look... Its basically standing straight with a little bend to the legs and arms.. It needs more of a sense of movement.

Last edited:
Back