1/3 Alien Warrior maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For licensing purposes. Just like the Big Game cover art Predator which we all know is the Jungle Hunter.

If taking the label literally makes it easier for your head canon, more power to you.

Prime 1 jungle hunter big game proportions isn't accurate to the movie but well to the comics.. The head is too big compared to the movie version. Infinity which has the movie licensed has the perfect proportions. I take it like it is and you're taking like it is not. Just clearing some points and have a nice discussions with some pro's.

Agree, the base is way too big...but really like the overall piece

You do know they are using the "comic book version" as a way around the film license right? Since cp owns the 1/3 film rights...they found their own way around it. I know the person who designed this and he used film references to design it.

Prime 1 jungle hunter big game proportions isn't accurate to the movie but well to the comics.. The head is too big compared to the movie version. Infinity which has the movie licensed has the perfect proportions. I take it like it is and you're taking like it is not. Just clearing some points and have a nice discussions with some pro's.

Agree, the base is way too big...but really like the overall piece

You do know they are using the "comic book version" as a way around the film license right? Since cp owns the 1/3 film rights...they found their own way around it. I know the person who designed this and he used film references to design it.

Yeah gotta go with jaklyniorhollyw here. No way this is not supposed to be the Movie Predator with a loop hole... I don't care if the head is a mm bigger then it should be.. Its the movie predator 100%. Ya got the scorpion, the dog tags, the one skull with the hole in it. You got the original gort mask to go along with it.. Yeah.. This is the movie Predator for sure.

Yeah gotta go with jaklyniorhollyw here. No way this is not supposed to be the Movie Predator with a loop hole... I don't care if the head is a mm bigger then it should be.. Its the movie predator 100%. Ya got the scorpion, the dog tags, the one skull with the hole in it. You got the original gort mask to go along with it.. Yeah.. This is the movie Predator for sure.

no Jaws, this is the Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator :rotfl

Posted this on StatueForum, might as well throw it on here. How much of the price could be saved if 40% of the base wasn't hive -- or better yet, completely non-existent?

104427424_3148846911828596_8961878634896509231_o.jpg

CP have a similar problem, no doubt. I like the water bits and the asymmetrical pipes (feels less like a slab with stuff on it and more like a piece of corridor, similar to how the Dog turned out), but they need to lose the junk in the back.

The P1 Warrior is 26 inches tall. Bloody hell, the 1/4 Neca Warriors are almost as tall.

The dog is 26 inches tall. And that is the tip of the tail. Ill show it in a picture again so we understand that the warrior is still in that 1/3 scale. What makes me laugh is if prime1 put it on the box that it is 1/3. Yall wouldn't say anything. But since they have confirmed it on their official fb ig and YouTube it means nothing. IMG_20200626_112912.jpg

sure i know and the prime 1 warrior is a comic version. So i'm totally on point. You're talking like it was a movie version which is not. Anyway , i will probably get the prime 1 but really want to see the coolprops before making a final decision.

I?m not making any moves until the CoolProps is officially for sale. I want to know the exact dimensions on that one...also price.

The CoolProps base also looks massive though. It was initially even larger in the prototype...but after backlash...CoolProps and sculptor Beesub shrank it a bit.

I think this is how the base had shrunk. The actual base is almost the same the water is what changed and maybe a pipe on the side. 20200626_210350.jpg HD

Be nice if they could bring it in a bit more. It's been a year since we've last seen it, hope they don't just post the pics from the session they had last summer.

And thank goodness they changed the pose from that first image. Looked like he was trying not to wake up the Queen while sneaking out of the hive at night.

“He”? I thought Xenomorphs were female and reproduced asexually.

But I get your not trying to wake the Queen and sneaking out of the hive at night comment, so true, lol...

I have a feeling the CoolProps is just going to be a more imposing statue than the P1...it’s 100% going be the taller of the two Warriors.

Well we will see. Considering that p1 is crouching and cp is standing upright. It may make an inch difference. However....the cp tubes are short. So the p1 may actually be taller. If it is I'm going to bust out laughing and start yelling "1/4 scale 1/4 scale"

They both have the same height specs. So if the cp is taller by more than an inch or half inch it is out of scale with the dog

20200627_063926.jpg

They both have the same height specs. So if the cp is taller by more than an inch or half inch it is out of scale with the dog

View attachment 488621

I think the difference in height due to the upright pose would be more than that. You'd lose an inch by crouching with a 1/6 figure. The CP base also looks to be thicker than P1's, that might shoot up its total height.

Yes but like I said the back tubes on the p1 are much higher. I couldn't imagine the base being much thicker than prime1s it is the same as the dog and that sucker is unnecessarily thick. We will find out the actual numbers soon but I dont think with the tubes and the base that it will be much if anything.

Back