1/3 Alien Warrior maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know. I am not the first poster to talk about the Prime1 on this thread as an alternate to the Cool Props version. I saw a teaser was posted so I linked to the final product. Also confirmed it will be 1/4 scale.

Nope. This is third scale and 1/4 is cancelled.

Nope. This is third scale and 1/4 is cancelled.

Nope. As of yesturday it is confirmed 1/4 scale.

14scale.jpg

This is getting confusing. Also, how can they not know if Sideshow are going to list their products any more? It's entirely up to Prime 1....

This is getting confusing. Also, how can they not know if Sideshow are going to list their products any more? It's entirely up to Prime 1....

I also contacted SideShow this morning and they said they are still reviewing MANY figures and statues from Prime1 and other makers so it is possible they may be selling it... or not.

It is third scale. No idea where this confusion is coming from. Was already confirmed and look the pictures next to Chap and Dog. Should be clear.

It is third scale. No idea where this confusion is coming from. Was already confirmed and look the pictures next to Chap and Dog. Should be clear.

No confusion. They confirmed on Facebook messaging yestuday that is will be 1/4 scale. The statue is from a 3D model so even if the prototype was printed at 1/3 that does not mean the final product will be. Until the final approval anything can change.

Hope it?s 1/4. More friendly to the pocket

Same here. I bought the Exclusive 1/3 Dog Alien and the 1/3 bent over Big Chap. If the US to Canadian exchange and shipping costs was not bad enough, Customes charged me an aditional $900 in duty and taxes.

Blade3327 brought up the Telegram link which does say 1/3 so I reached out to Prime1 AGAIN and asked them to please reconcile the discrepancy. Now they say it will be 1/3. If this is true I am imagining the cost to be around $2400USD after exchange, shipping, taxes and duty I would be paying around $4000Can. OUCH!!!

13scale.jpg

The search function on this site sucks so hard. I go to the advanced and enter "Alien Warrior maquette" and no match found, not even this thread with the same title.

Does anyone know if there is a thread for the "Alien Warrior maquette - Ptime1"? If so can you please provide a link?

UPDATE:
Never mind. Found it: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193326&page=2

The search function on this site sucks so hard. I go to the advanced and enter "Alien Warrior maquette" and no match found, not even this thread with the same title.

Does anyone know if there is a thread for the "Alien Warrior maquette - Ptime1"? If so can you please provide a link?

UPDATE:
Never mind. Found it: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193326&page=2

This forum is broken, with no sign of being fixed any time soon. You're better off using google to search for threads currently.

Well, Prime 1's version is up for preorder with a late 2021 ETA. $1600 standard, $1900 regular.

The ball is in CoolProps' court. I'm not crazy about Prime 1's base, nor the pose, nor the proportions, so I'm curious to see what CP have done in the [almost] year since we've last heard from them.

Has anyone seen this video?

Beesub, the artist who worked on it, posted it a while back. I agree that the base is too big, but the design of it is superior to Prime 1's IMO. Feels less cobbled together and the homages to the movie (Casey's head) blend into the environment in a believable way.

Waow, never saw that vid! thks Blade.. The base now is really telling something with a great movie reference. Really need to think about it.

Well, Prime 1's version is up for preorder with a late 2021 ETA. $1600 standard, $1900 regular.

The ball is in CoolProps' court. I'm not crazy about Prime 1's base, nor the pose, nor the proportions, so I'm curious to see what CP have done in the [almost] year since we've last heard from them.

Has anyone seen this video?

Beesub, the artist who worked on it, posted it a while back. I agree that the base is too big, but the design of it is superior to Prime 1's IMO. Feels less cobbled together and the homages to the movie (Casey's head) blend into the environment in a believable way.

Love the Doll head... Hate that Alien pose.

I think its P1 for me.

I don?t know...Kinda digging the CoolProps one. The Prime 1 base is simply just too busy...the statue almost camouflages into the diagrama, the CoolProps seems cleaner and more focused...looks way taller too...

Beesub is a great sculptor...but he’s not painting it...and you know CoolProps bad paint apps...

But still a tough decision.

Back