1/3 Alien Warrior maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this in person, and the base is ridiculous. It's freaking massive. It looked to me like they didn't listen to feedback, and made it bigger.

It appears as this piece is painted and present at SDCC. Maybe we will see pics soon.

I saw this in person, and the base is ridiculous. It's freaking massive. It looked to me like they didn't listen to feedback, and made it bigger.

I do question their judgment after the Predator Dog maquette. Not a very practically-minded company. Then again, most manufacturers of 1/1 aren't.

SDCC-2019-CoolProps-011.jpg
SDCC-2019-CoolProps-012.jpg
SDCC-2019-CoolProps-013.jpg
SDCC-2019-CoolProps-014.jpg
SDCC-2019-CoolProps-016.jpg

I think the paint is exceptional! Rare thing for coolprops..
But the tongue is very big and the mouth too closed so it looks weird.
Overall, a great statue imho, very close to prime 1.

Gorgeous paint job, underwhelming pose, ludicrously massive base.

I don't know why people are upset that it's blue, since that's how the Aliens look in the film. Yes, the props are brown, but this is a statue of the film creature, not a prop replica. I'm also not worried about the tongue because it will probably come with a smaller one like their dog alien maquette. I might be able to stomach the bland pose, but that base is a deal breaker. You would need to live in a museum to properly display something that large. Not to mention that must add to the cost. What were they thinking?

I wish they sold just the bust.

Gorgeous paint job, underwhelming pose, ludicrously massive base.

I don't know why people are upset that it's blue, since that's how the Aliens look in the film. Yes, the props are brown, but this is a statue of the film creature, not a prop replica. I'm also not worried about the tongue because it will probably come with a smaller one like their dog alien maquette. I might be able to stomach the bland pose, but that base is a deal breaker. You would need to live in a museum to properly display something that large. Not to mention that must add to the cost. What were they thinking?

I wish they sold just the bust.

I would be surprised if they didn't do a brown version too.

They would be stupid for not selling the busts of these figures separatetly. Unless they just don't care.

I don't know why people are upset that it's blue, since that's how the Aliens look in the film. Yes, the props are brown, but this is a statue of the film creature, not a prop replica.

I would argue there's probably more screen time of them appearing red in the operations room scene, but we don't get red statues everywhere of them. :dunno

I don't dislike blue Alien Warriors as it sets them apart from the color schemes of the other films. But in the past, CP have taken the highlights to such extreme levels that they look more like something you'd paint on a motorcycle helmet.

maxresdefault.jpg

Even their brown/yellow ones are overdone. Too much contrast, not enough intermediate colors in spots that should be more subdued.

maxresdefault.jpg

My personal preference is blue, but regardless of the color choice, if it's painted like either of these heads it'll look like something bought at a bike shop.

Yeah, the CoolProps warrior heads are way too vividly colored. The statue thankfully isn't that bright, but apparently still too much for many people. Maybe they will offer a brown one if people make enough noise.

I just don't understand some of the final design decisions on this. The enormous base, the stiff upper body pose, even the placement of the alien on the base....

Back