1/3 Alien Big chap maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the vid Burtial, it looks really good imo. I'm glad you're happy with it. It's a bad time for me to be spending money, but IF I can get the cash together, I'll pick one of these up.

Where still has this in stock and where would you order from? Forgive me if I'm wrong, and I certainly could be, but your in the UK right?

I am indeed, I'd buy it from Sideshow, shipping is $130.

OMG my dad would have wooped my ass if I did that. I'd bet money that statue ends up broken. I couldn't even watch the whole video . Im sure glad I don't have kids and if I did they wouldn't act like that. As soon as I saw him basically throw the tail on the ground I started hoping he'd break it to teach dad a lesson and maybe teach his kid some sense. You can tell people who have money to burn, dad was laughing the whole time.

OMG my dad would have wooped my ass if I did that. I'd bet money that statue ends up broken. I couldn't even watch the whole video . Im sure glad I don't have kids and if I did they wouldn't act like that. As soon as I saw him basically throw the tail on the ground I started hoping he'd break it to teach dumbass dad a lesson and maybe teach his kid some sense. You can tell people who have money to burn, dad was laughing the whole time.

When my son was little like that kid in the video, I was always a jerk when he would try and help.

Looking back I wish I was as patient as this man.

I’ve watched a lot of his videos and he handles his pieces kind of awkwardly, with not as much care as most of us would. The way see this guy looking at is - he can just glue the break sand it and repaint it. He can repair it like new.

So he’s not making a big deal out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad always told me to watch and learn and when you are a little older you can help more. Were not talking about a $50 toy were you can say, knock yourself out and tear the box to hell. No matter how good someone is at repairs its never as good as new because new is unbroken and unsanded and unrepainted. His money, he can do what he wants but if a kid at that age doesn't listen to anything dad says, he sure wont listen to him when he's 15. There is no need to be a jerk to the kid, just teach some patience. If I told my kid no as many times as he did and he basically ignores me that means problems abound when hes older.

My dad always told me to watch and learn and when you are a little older you can help more. Were not talking about a $50 toy were you can say, knock yourself out and tear the box to hell. No matter how good someone is at repairs its never as good as new because new is unbroken and unsanded and unrepainted. His money, he can do what he wants but if a kid at that age doesn't listen to anything dad says, he sure wont listen to him when he's 15. There is no need to be a jerk to the kid, just teach some patience. If I told my kid no as many times as he did and he basically ignores me that means problems abound when hes older.

I absolutely agree with many of your points here. My daughter absolutely loves it when I get a new piece and she’s extremely eger to help. However I won’t allow her to physically handle my expensive fragile pieces. She mostly will help when it comes to assembly etc with HotToys as they are least likely to sustain damage from a child’s clumsy hands. The unboxing we see here is a giant facepalm and the equivalent of an adult buying an expensive muscle car for their child’s 16th birthday. Very careless.
But like you said, his money so... whatevs.

Thanks for the vid Burtial, it looks really good imo. I'm glad you're happy with it. It's a bad time for me to be spending money, but IF I can get the cash together, I'll pick one of these up.

I am indeed, I'd buy it from Sideshow, shipping is $130.
Do you know what the import fees would be like? Am I right that it's 20% VAT and then a random percentage based on a commodity code and based upon what the item is labelled as?

I'm trying to figure if it would be cheaper to order from a UK store but the cheapest I can find at the moment is £1800+ from memory as collectibles direct has sold out.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I agree with you guys. I love his reviews/repaints, but this was off for him. I also didn't care for the gloss coat he put on it (kinda haphazardly) at the end either. Especially after complaining about the paint (why gloss it if it needs some work). The paint is not terrible. It doesn't have the detail the preproduction has, but a quick dry brush in places is a very simple fix.

For those that were wondering, there are 2 bolts that go through a plastic plate from the bottom, sandwiches the styrofoam and screw into the bottom of the neck. It is all packaged very well.

Rafael was sold on the proto and indeed the proto shown at SDCC 2017 was glossy. I quite like the effect as it looks more organic more xeno more alien to me and definitely closer to the proto. I think it makes pop the sculpt more too

My review is up. I LOVE this piece. It's fantastic.

Jason - you made my day Bro' :clap:clap:clap - there's some karma for y'all !

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO pleased that you are happy with this - and it's about time that a true fan gets a piece that is free from dodgy materials or bad assembly/QC.

Also great to hear that CoolProps seem to have got their act together - I'd love them to be around for a LONG time if they can continue to produce stuff like this.

Great video - and once again - very pleased for you
thumb2.gif

Probably not. But I'm not sure. I already have the crouching pose done by Marmit, so I don't know if I need another, even though I'm sure it will be a great piece.
You?

I’m EXTREMELY close to clicking the preorder button on it. I really wish I had more insite to know how it will turn out. We really don’t know much about Mamegyorai and the fact that it costs so much is a head scratcher with them just coming into the statue market. The paint job looks unbelievable and if the production pieces ship subpar I’m going to be pretty pissed. I literally look at pics of it every day and go back and forth with the pros and cons of preordering it! Ha!!

Jason - you made my day Bro' :clap:clap:clap - there's some karma for y'all !

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO pleased that you are happy with this - and it's about time that a true fan gets a piece that is free from dodgy materials or bad assembly/QC.

Also great to hear that CoolProps seem to have got their act together - I'd love them to be around for a LONG time if they can continue to produce stuff like this.

Great video - and once again - very pleased for you
thumb2.gif

Thanks man! It's so nice to get away from the vinyl stuff companies have been pushing. I love this piece for sure.

I’m EXTREMELY close to clicking the preorder button on it. I really wish I had more insite to know how it will turn out. We really don’t know much about Mamegyorai and the fact that it costs so much is a head scratcher with them just coming into the statue market. The paint job looks unbelievable and if the production pieces ship subpar I’m going to be pretty pissed. I literally look at pics of it every day and go back and forth with the pros and cons of preordering it! Ha!!

I do the same. :lol

Ordered mine last night after seeing Burtial's video. He should be getting some kickbacks because I'm sure he's helped to sell a few.

Thanks again for all the feedback guys. And yeah, I agree about the hands. But it is what it is. If this wasn't a replica, it would be the lamest/stiffest pose for Big Chap ever. LOL

I looked at a few pics of the real one, and it's not glossy...or it certainly didn't appear to be. I know the proto was glossy, but I don't think the real one is. I may do a small repaint on it. Maybe finish with a satin coat.

Thanks again for all the feedback guys. And yeah, I agree about the hands. But it is what it is. If this wasn't a replica, it would be the lamest/stiffest pose for Big Chap ever. LOL

I looked at a few pics of the real one, and it's not glossy...or it certainly didn't appear to be. I know the proto was glossy, but I don't think the real one is. I may do a small repaint on it. Maybe finish with a satin coat.

It’s def a bad as$ piece for sure!

Back