1/3 Alien Big chap maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, man!

Glad I listened to you.

Now I’m getting ready for the Prime 1 Dog Alien.

Any of you guys here pre-ordered it?

hmm in the UK and want this bad boy but it seems only SS has it in stock...I rather buy from UK store so easier to get replacements if any damage etc

So now that Prime 1 have revealed there's (one in this exact pose!) I'm seriously considering grabbing this again. Prime's is nice, but this one is way more accurate. The down side is obviously the mediocre paint app on this one, whereas P1 will no doubt paint there's to a much higher standard. This hobby is painful at times. Choice is good, but doesn't make life easy.....

If I can find the funds, I will ideally get this and then the posed version that Prime 1 have made.....

So now that Prime 1 have revealed there's (one in this exact pose!) I'm seriously considering grabbing this again. Prime's is nice, but this one is way more accurate. The down side is obviously the mediocre paint app on this one, whereas P1 will no doubt paint there's to a much higher standard. This hobby is painful at times. Choice is good, but doesn't make life easy.....

If I can find the funds, I will ideally get this and then the posed version that Prime 1 have made.....

Thats what Im trying to say in other threads, but got criticized, lol. The CoolProps is the one to get if you want that straight up Giger museum look. The base cabinet is dead on, like the real thing. Prime 1 added that gigantic polystone wall, it just doesnt look good to me...too distracting, takes away from the figure.

Now on the other version, the hunched one, then yes, thats a different look...and thats the one to get.

Yes, the CoolProps paint is a bit lacking...but with a proper paint app...it will be a holy grail to some collectors. I airbrush, but Im a pure amateur hobbyist, not a pro. Someone like Chase Smith would take this to another level. Having said that, I like the statue as is, black with dark browns. Im good, lol.

Decided to give mine a couple of coats of satin varnish.
Wow, what a hell of a difference it has made, and it certainly brings out the various different shades that are locked under that dull Matt finish.
Sorry, pictures aren’t the best.

eqhQaex.jpg

WUJBwU5.jpg

Vyl08Aq.jpg

RCCiqtZ.jpg

ZAteXlX.jpg

Agreed, big improvement. Also helps make the darker, glossier parts around the mouth less jarring compared to the finish on the rest of the body.

$77 after the discount, meaning the regular price is less than $300. There's absolutely no way this is legit.

Back