1/3 Alien Big chap maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the teeth chromed? You could try paint thinner or mineral spirits to gently scrub the paint away.

yes it's chromed, but unequally. Let's hope it's possible to correct that without ruining the chrome. Here is a pic

chromed.JPG

If they are chromed, then you should have no problem. Use a q-tip and a small paint brush. Take your time. Do one tooth at a time starting with a back tooth just in case.

If they are chromed, then you should have no problem. Use a q-tip and a small paint brush. Take your time. Do one tooth at a time starting with a back tooth just in case.

thanks a lot, i will try your way! I hope it will work. If not i can still "re-chromed" those teeth later

The teeth should of been individually inserted at this price point and scale. Painting them black to mask they're one molded set was dumb

The more I look at it, the more I'm not feeling that paint ap at all tbh. It's beautifully done, it's just so inaccurate that it looks a little weird. What it does do however is highlight how nice this statue could look with a decent re-paint.

Been emailing Sideshow about the Giger Maquette. My main gripe, it’s not really a limited 1000 run.

Here’s part of the email:

“Thank you for reaching out to us.

I was not able to find anywhere that advertised this as a limited edition of 1000.

In some cases a company such as CoolProps will give us a specific allotment (lets just say 500 for example) and if we sell that allotment out quickly, they will allocate more of that run to us. So at one point we may have had low stock on this and CoolProps sent us more. This is not uncommon as we are a major distributor for them.

Best Regards,

Brennan Mount
Sideshow Support”

The thing is that IT WAS ADVERTISED AS A 1000 LIMITED ITEM.

I’M NOT LIKING THESE HIDDEN SECRECIES.

The whole point is exclusivity. I placed payment on it because Sideshow said it was running out of them. That was three months ago.

I’m about to take my $1200 deposit back and get the Prime 1 Exclusive Dog Alien instead...that one is truly a limited edition 800 item. Plus it’s way more awesome anyway.

Or get both...and eat crackers for a couple of months, lol...

Just out of curiosity, what is the “exclusivity” such an important factor for you?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

The fact that originally the item is advertised as a 1000 run item...but then increasing numbers to meet demand. That’s dishonest.

If you say it’s 1000 maquettes, that should be it.

Been emailing Sideshow about the Giger Maquette. My main gripe, it’s not really a limited 1000 run.

Here’s part of the email:

“Thank you for reaching out to us.

I was not able to find anywhere that advertised this as a limited edition of 1000.

In some cases a company such as CoolProps will give us a specific allotment (lets just say 500 for example) and if we sell that allotment out quickly, they will allocate more of that run to us. So at one point we may have had low stock on this and CoolProps sent us more. This is not uncommon as we are a major distributor for them.

Best Regards,

Brennan Mount
Sideshow Support”

The thing is that IT WAS ADVERTISED AS A 1000 LIMITED ITEM.

I’M NOT LIKING THESE HIDDEN SECRECIES.

The whole point is exclusivity. I placed payment on it because Sideshow said it was running out of them. That was three months ago.

I’m about to take my $1200 deposit back and get the Prime 1 Exclusive Dog Alien instead...that one is truly a limited edition 800 item. Plus it’s way more awesome anyway.

Or get both...and eat crackers for a couple of months, lol...

I don't understand what make you think this is not limited to 1000 ??? It's well written on my plaque XXX / 1000
Sideshow just said they have receveid more...i don't see the issue..if for example Sideshow sold their 500 stock pieces they received of the 1000 and Coolprops on their side sold maybe 200 ... There is still 300 to sell. So normal they send maybe again 200 to Sideshow, and so the low stock disappear.

By the way, The Giger Maquette is an awesome looking piece and a has a real museum art feeling

I don't understand what make you think this is not limited to 1000 ??? It's well written on my plaque XXX / 1000
Sideshow just said they have receveid more...i don't see the issue..if for example Sideshow sold their 500 stock pieces they received of the 1000 and Coolprops on their side sold maybe 200 ... There is still 300 to sell. So normal they send maybe again 200 to Sideshow, and so the low stock disappear.

By the way, The Giger Maquette is an awesome looking piece and a has a real museum art feeling

Ok, understood.

I’m open-minded enough to accept your explanation...it made sense.

Anyway, after serious consideration, I’m going to pay the last Giger Maquette installment in July. Then I’ll start a Flex Payment on the Prime 1 Dog Alien.

Thanks for your input.

You won't be disappointed. Pay attention with the Giger maquette the alien head is fixed to the foam so remove the bolts first. GReat choice for the Dog...i think at this pricetag for such a quality production piece, it's unbeatable and you get a nice second head/little bust with the deluxe so what can we ask more...i just wished the base wasn't so big.

I’ll follow your advice...will do.

Yeah, the Dog Alien base is huge, but I have a spot for it.

Thanks again!

Back