1:2 Ross Inspired Supes Bust Sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE:

Test paint up of Supes

DSC00780LOGO.jpg
DSC00778LOGO.jpg

DSC00782LOGO-1.jpg
DSC00785LOGO.jpg

Not yet done, still a lot of works to do.

Please let me know what you think. Sorry for the blurry celfon cam pics.

Yeah, the fabric parts are fantastic. I thought you actually put a shirt on him when I saw the pic. :rock I agree that the eyes look a little off but everything else is outstanding.

Yeah, darker eyebrows, pupils in the eyes, touch up the hair where it meets the face and clean up the red that's on his blue suit at his elbow and it's perfect.

Nocturne,
How about you make some 1/6 Ross sculpts? ( Batman, Superman, Wonder woman)You obviously have the talent and Im sure they would sell on the board.

Siquisiri,
How about you read my entire post before you go off on a rant, as I've said more than once I've had nothing but praise for what he's accomplished with this sculpt. The joke was only based on how the appearance of the test paint resembles cataracts. Or would you like to look those up as well, seeing as you can't sculpt something like that!

That's a stunning piece, just as good as the one Alex Ross has in terms of realism and detail

Looks amazing, will it be getting a realistic paint scheme or faux metallic ?

but seriously it's looking fantastic

Also where's this 1/6 business come in, it's a 1:2 bust.

But please if you can find a post on here where i've dumped on anyone's sculpt I'd love to see it and until you can find that evidence. Please keep quiet and use that time to find a sense of humour!

Edit : I've saved you the effort
Wikipedia Entry on Catarcts
Isn't learning fun!

Siquisiri,
How about you read my entire post before you go off on a rant, as I've said more than once I've had nothing but praise for what he's accomplished with this sculpt. The joke was only based on how the appearance of the test paint resembles cataracts. Or would you like to look those up as well, seeing as you can't sculpt something like that!

Also where's this 1/6 business come in, it's a 1:2 bust.

But please if you can find a post on here where i've dumped on anyone's sculpt I'd love to see it and until you can find that evidence. Please keep quiet and use that time to find a sense of humour!

Edit : I've saved you the effort
Wikipedia Entry on Catarcts
Isn't learning fun!

I'm not certain, but I don't think he was taking a dig at you. I think he believes you sculpted the piece because you quoted a picture of it. Or I may be just trying to see the bright side of it.

Good point, sorry siquisiri if that was your intention and I offer my sincere apologies.

Have had such a crappy day have spent the best part of 7 and a half hours feeling absolutely livid about something. So have been seeing red for most of the day.

Wish I could sculpt like ArtDept...or at all for that matter :lol never liked using clay myself

So again if your post was meant in a complimentary fashion I am sorry.

Nocturne,
WOW..... I was in no way taking a smack at you. I was just making a simple observation. If the 1:2 Art Dept busts were this good, they should produce some 1/6 sculpts that im sure many of us would purchase.

Have sent you a private message apologising. Am man enough to say that I ^^^^ed up big style here :rotfl

Nocturne,
WOW..... I was in no way taking a smack at you. I was just making a simple observation. If the 1:2 Art Dept busts were this good, they should produce some 1/6 sculpts that im sure many of us would purchase.

Back on a happier topic side stepping any misunderstandings:

The Art Dept has already made some 1/6 (or bigger) sculpts based on Ross' art:

IMG_3355copy.jpg

Source.

I've got that set and they're quite nice.

Back