1/2 Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight - Joker (Adam Gu + Kato)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi adam, im one of many of your joker head sculpt fans. May i know if im ordering a head sculpt how much it will cost me? thx before.

Thank you for your support, unfortunately, I'm not available at the moment. Thanks!

Adam - Not sure if you can answer, but did you have to do multiple sculpts for prime 1? Just curious about the process.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I only did one sculpt for them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, back to the statue, I would like to share an awesome repaint I found on Instagram
00112210.jpg

That is a great repaint! I've been thinking about doing something similar to mine even though I'm happy with the stock paint. Also HUGE THANK YOU for doing this incredible sculpt, Adam!!

We can agree and disagree. I said what I said back in the day because that was my understanding of the license issue then, right after I had done a large run in the interest section. I didn't want to get in legal trouble. Then I found out what's allowed and what's not.

Ah I see. Makes more sense. You can understand the confusion however as it was clearly worded at the time that you found it morally wrong as it was 'stealing', as opposed to actually what is allowed and more so that you were just worried about getting in trouble.

I'm surprised one is allowed to make any money off of licensed material, let alone the funds we are talking about from your jokers.

:peace

That is a great repaint! I've been thinking about doing something similar to mine even though I'm happy with the stock paint. Also HUGE THANK YOU for doing this incredible sculpt, Adam!!

I'm glad you like it, and thank you!

Ah I see. Makes more sense. You can understand the confusion however as it was clearly worded at the time that you found it morally wrong as it was 'stealing', as opposed to actually what is allowed and more so that you were just worried about getting in trouble.

I'm surprised one is allowed to make any money off of licensed material, let alone the funds we are talking about from your jokers.

:peace

Yes, I was referring to my own mass run as stealing, and that was more than 5 years ago based on my understanding at the time. I have not done a mass run since, and I have no problems with private commissions based on the updated info that I know. As for how much I charge is irrelevant, that's between the client and I. Anyway,I'm done talking about this and let's keep this thread of the Statue on topic.

Thank you for your support, unfortunately, I'm not available at the moment. Thanks!

I only did one sculpt for them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, back to the statue, I would like to share an awesome repaint I found on Instagram
View attachment 366428

this is the best repaint I have seen by far Adam. Thanks for posting. Would you ever consider taking commissions to repaint some of these? I know your busy.....

Also, has Prime ever contacted you about any other potential Joker projects in the future?

this is the best repaint I have seen by far Adam. Thanks for posting. Would you ever consider taking commissions to repaint some of these? I know your busy.....

Also, has Prime ever contacted you about any other potential Joker projects in the future?

I might offer repaint at some point next year, although I've seen plenty of great repaints on the gram by many talented artists, most of them offer painting service.
I'm no longer with Prime, but they have a team of great artists to bring you top-notch quality collectibles for years to come.

I might offer repaint at some point next year, although I've seen plenty of great repaints on the gram by many talented artists, most of them offer painting service.
I'm no longer with Prime, but they have a team of great artists to bring you top-notch quality collectibles for years to come.

Adam can I just say I love the joker. Great job, any chance you can keep in contact I would love a repaint on this, or put me in contact for someone that would do a good job. I love your work and am honored to have this in my collection. Thanks for your time!

Adam can I just say I love the joker. Great job, any chance you can keep in contact I would love a repaint on this, or put me in contact for someone that would do a good job. I love your work and am honored to have this in my collection. Thanks for your time!

Please pm me, I can point you to a few artists that offer great painting service. Thanks for the love and support!

Decided to do an interrogation scene style repaint on my Joker. Left the eyes as is because I doubt I could've done them better myself. Pretty happy with the results. Hope you guys like it! :)

36650245634_3ce21d77ae_b.jpg

36650246814_1fe3227cd5_b.jpg

37312397986_14075abc05_b.jpg

36650244324_7014d522d0_b.jpg

36650241554_a2c87113d6_b.jpg

37312395376_937efd2eee_b.jpg

36650242984_8a9b626b09_b.jpg

37312397266_2831650eb1_b.jpg

37312396306_b5142d98c3_b.jpg

Hey bud did you re paint it yourself? If so I may ask you to do mine lol!!! Hit me up haha!

Decided to do an interrogation scene style repaint on my Joker. Left the eyes as is because I doubt I could've done them better myself. Pretty happy with the results. Hope you guys like it! :)

Amazing! Congrats man, that's beautiful.

Seeing all the incredible repaints on this piece makes me think it's pretty much a must to get one.
No offense to those who are fine with keeping the head as is ofc, but I feel like when you are dropping that kind of cash on a piece that's probably going to be your ultimate Heath Ledger Joker, you want the best, most accurate/realistic paint app you can get. P1's work is good, just not $2,000/definitive TDK Joker good.

Those repaints are breathing a new life into that amazing head sculpt.

36650246814_1fe3227cd5_b.jpg

37312397986_14075abc05_b.jpg

36650244324_7014d522d0_b.jpg

36650241554_a2c87113d6_b.jpg

37312395376_937efd2eee_b.jpg

36650242984_8a9b626b09_b.jpg

37312397266_2831650eb1_b.jpg

37312396306_b5142d98c3_b.jpg

Looks great mattman6886 even though it's based on the interrogation scene, it suits the hit me scene. :clap

Amazing! Congrats man, that's beautiful.

Seeing all the incredible repaints on this piece makes me think it's pretty much a must to get one.

No offense to those who are fine with keeping the head as is ofc, but I feel like when you are dropping that kind of cash on a piece that's probably going to be your ultimate Heath Ledger Joker, you want the best, most accurate/realistic paint app you can get.

I would think it would have the opposite effect, it's so easy to mess this up with a repaint, unless this head gets parted out or the price drops for this Joker I may pass on this.

P1's work is good, just not $2,000/definitive TDK Joker good.

Those repaints are breathing a new life into that amazing head sculpt.

It doesn't look good as far as the makeup application goes, but it is still very realistic looking, which is why the Price of it is 2 K.

Last edited:
I would think it would have the opposite effect, it's so easy to mess this up with a repaint, unless this head gets parted out or the price drops for this Joker I may pass on this.

My bad, I meant that to me the repaint was a must in case you decide to purchase the piece as your ultimate Heath Joker. This was poorly phrased ;)

Some of the work posted here truly takes it to a new level.

Some nice repaints but it is still crazy that some people have to do this considering the amount of money these statues are nowadays. Oh well, to each their own. I guess if I had the cash and was really passionate about the character, I'd do the same.

Some nice repaints but it is still crazy that some people have to do this considering the amount of money these statues are nowadays. Oh well, to each their own. I guess if I had the cash and was really passionate about the character, I'd do the same.

Yes that was my point, if you are going to shell out the cash, might as well spend a bit more to get a nice repaint (unless you got the patience/skills ofc).
Imo the production paint app has no place on a $2k statue, as you shouldn't just be paying for the scale but for flawless aesthetics as well.

People are clearly doing a better job than the factory so why not. It turns a nice piece into a masterpiece.

Back