1/2 Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight - Joker (Adam Gu + Kato)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that was my point, if you are going to shell out the cash, might as well spend a bit more to get a nice repaint (unless you got the patience/skills ofc).
Imo the production paint app has no place on a $2k statue, as you shouldn't just be paying for the scale but for flawless aesthetics as well.

People are clearly doing a better job than the factory so why not. It turns a nice piece into a masterpiece.

I’m sorry to say but the stock paint job isn’t that bad. People must understand for $2000 you aren’t getting a masterpiece paint app. In the end, this is mass produced joker statue. No paint job will look like these customs since they’re one offs. Again, for $2000 you’re getting a decent paint job, Kato pattern suit, Adam Gu sculpt and half scale for crying out loud. The sculpt and and tailoring alone is worth the $2000. Not sure people know the overall package this is. I’d rather have a decent paint app that can be made to look better than an off sculpt. We can all agree the sculpt is on point and so is the cut and sew. Let’s not forget the switch out hands this has. Probably the most options of any P1 Statue.

The stock paint job is fine, I actually don't like some of the repaints, some look worse. I would at least make a few cast of the head before I botched up the original.

My bad, I meant that to me the repaint was a must in case you decide to purchase the piece as your ultimate Heath Joker. This was poorly phrased ;)

Some of the work posted here truly takes it to a new level.

That could be said about any collectible though.

Glad you guys like the repaint! Yep, painted it myself :)

Once again great job, but what did you use to strip off the stock paint or did you just repaint over the white with flesh coated paint?

The hit me scene? This statue look way to sleepy for hit me. He was amped up in that scene.

Just meant the make up style is messy like the Hit me scene, I agree the expression still doesn't suit that scene though.

Yes that was my point, if you are going to shell out the cash, might as well spend a bit more to get a nice repaint (unless you got the patience/skills ofc).
Imo the production paint app has no place on a $2k statue, as you shouldn't just be paying for the scale but for flawless aesthetics as well.

People are clearly doing a better job than the factory so why not. It turns a nice piece into a masterpiece.

The quality of this paint job on the production piece is the same as all of Primes 1/2 scale statues, the problem is the make up style and not the quality. You need to look at the pros the stock paint job has, it's not just white paint on a flesh coated face, the grey & flesh tones coming through make the skin texture really noticeable. However, I really can't stand how neat the make up looks, so I would probably end up getting it repainted or at least touching it up.

I’m sorry to say but the stock paint job isn’t that bad. People must understand for $2000 you aren’t getting a masterpiece paint app. In the end, this is mass produced joker statue. No paint job will look like these customs since they’re one offs. Again, for $2000 you’re getting a decent paint job, Kato pattern suit, Adam Gu sculpt and half scale for crying out loud.

The problem with the stock paint is not that custom paint jobs are better, it's because the grey/flesh/colored forehead and eye make up areas don't blend in with the white make up. I don't think think this needs a full repaint, just need to make those areas blend in more, which is what we are seeing with the repaints.

The sculpt and and tailoring alone is worth the $2000. Not sure people know the overall package this is. I’d rather have a decent paint app that can be made to look better than an off sculpt. We can all agree the sculpt is on point and so is the cut and sew. Let’s not forget the switch out hands this has. Probably the most options of any P1 Statue.

I agree with all those points, maybe if they charged more the paint job would have gone from decent to good. :dunno

Last edited:
I am tempted to buy this on popcultchas next 20% off sale so it will go down to $2400aud. I am not 100% i will buy the Bale batman which is what is holding me back (he is my 3rd favorite on screen Batman).

That's awesome. I've been hoping for a discount code like Batman, but I don't see it happening. Currently at low stock... unless it's the sideshow selling tactic.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I’m still hoping they make a 1/3 scale

They only have the 1/2 half scale license for the Dark Knight at the moment.
It would be awesome to see a prime 1 studios 1/3 scale Joker and Bats, but time will tell :)

I cant wait for my half scale Joker :)

I don’t know why but I’m thinking of ditching the 1/4 joker and bats from hot toys and just getting this …

Prime1 still has it in stock with easy $200 payments. I would just end up canceling my figure and putting most the money down on P1 joker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pretty disappointing there aren't any custom options available for this as I thought there would be. At least a new arm or a custom head.

Any new owners with pics? I don't see much activity with piece.

I've been waiting for this to go on sale, but didn't realize that I can't combine my rewards with a coupon. Stupid me for not realizing. I'm thinking to buy it and use my rewards. I've been saving them up for a few years now.

Here are some

398621A6-F9DF-400C-B3AA-EC5300BA2308.jpg

31F08531-6E6C-4F06-A504-317F2CC1F931.jpg

DA6940A2-B6D5-4568-8068-93730F00455A.jpg

0356A96D-C744-415F-A7B5-B5A51EAB68AA.jpg

Thanks. Is that in an Ikea Fabrikor? I think I watched your YouTube video yesterday. If so, any weight issues?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I was thinking about getting those units for my BVS 1/2 scale pieces, but when I manually measured the interior dimensions, I believe it would've been a tight fit, height wise.

Lucky the Joker piece is so short in comparison.

Hi. It is indeed. No weight problems at all. The base of the fabrikor is metal and clips onto the frame at the bottom.

The characters from BvS are too big to fit in one unfortunately but I believe they are overscaled as this Heath Ledger Joker is around the same size as the HCG 1:2 Endoskeleton.

Back