1/2 Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight - Joker (Adam Gu + Kato)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the 1000 Edition Size is huge for this piece. I doubt they'll fill that order.

I'm still on the fence, I'm either getting this Joker or the 1/2 Scale Wonder Women or Wonder Women on Horse. My problem with this piece is its scale. It looks tiny next to Bates & Supes which I have.

In the movies batfleck looks pretty massive, in an almost cartoony fashion from what I remember. Ledger joker looks more like a slender average joe in comparison, so I guess its accurate.

I think the 1000 Edition Size is huge for this piece. I doubt they'll fill that order.

I'm still on the fence, I'm either getting this Joker or the 1/2 Scale Wonder Women or Wonder Women on Horse. My problem with this piece is its scale. It looks tiny next to Bates & Supes which I have.

I think you're the first that I've read that is even considering getting the Wonder Woman on horseback!

While its not impossible that I'll pick the WW piece up one day (probably when its on sale at my local store), it's just that I don't have enough room to display her appropriately.

I think you're the first that I've read that is even considering getting the Wonder Woman on horseback!

While its not impossible that I'll pick the WW piece up one day (probably when its on sale at my local store), it's just that I don't have enough room to display her appropriately.

I have a lot of SS points which would make the Wonder Women on Horse a reasonable price. But again I could use them on this Joker or the 1/2 WW. Tough choice.

If your friends with you local comic shop maybe you can get the discount for the Horse statue, I think $2,800.00 is cost for them, still crazy high.

I'll remember you said both these things. Pretty sure this will be worth quite a bit in the future. Second how do you know it won't sell out before batman. A thousand is not a huge edition size, yes it is big, but I bet you eat both your words in future! First, you are already wrong about saying a half scale didn't double in value. Darth maul is pretty pricey if sold. Wolf predator is another that doubled in value. Anyways, no point arguing because your making assumptions!

Your like one of those pple who get angry and take texts personal. How do you know I had attitude??? I am one of the most calm pple their are. But you wouldn't know that because you do not know me so whatever dawg. Best to go our separate ways!! Seeing even after I wished you well, but to you I had attitude, Okay. Also, A one third isn't much smaller than this half scale joker dude he is 38 inches the wolf was 31 but whatever you say!!

lmao, read your post again then son. "I bet you eat both your words" "you are already wrong". If those 2 things don't convey as you having an attitude in your posts, then oh well. I'm not the one calling people ass holes in this thread because they have a different opinion than mine. And...I don't get angry from interweb ppl anymore, nor do any of my posts read as what you call "angry". If your going to tell me I'm wrong about something, that's fine, but back it up with some evidence at least.

Just because something is.....not really even close to the same height, you haven't take into account, depth and width of the characters itself. I wasn't comparing Wolf to the Joker anyways, most 1:2 statues are 40in tall

lmao, read your post again then son. "I bet you eat both your words" "you are already wrong". If those 2 things don't convey as you having an attitude in your posts, then oh well. I'm not the one calling people ass holes in this thread because they have a different opinion than mine. And...I don't get angry from interweb ppl anymore, nor do any of my posts read as what you call "angry". If your going to tell me I'm wrong about something, that's fine, but back it up with some evidence at least.

Just because something is.....not really even close to the same height, you haven't take into account, depth and width of the characters itself. I wasn't comparing Wolf to the Joker anyways, most 1:2 statues are 40in tall

I'm not wasting my time anymore with you this is my last comment, yap yap keep talking!!! Move the **** on!!!! Oh by the way I just read it and their is no attitude what so ever, how do you perceive that as having an attitude? An attitude is with the way ones emotions are and language. But that is laughable that you take that as having an attitude. Where did I call you an *******? My God grow up please, I swear your acting like a two year old that got his candy taken way wtf man! Your getting butt hurt about my opinion you contradicted yourself dawg. In no where does me saying your wrong and going to eat your words is having an attitude, its called an opinion, same thing you said about me with your opinion. Again, this is the same thing you got all upset about saying I don't respect your opinion. That is so laughable why am I even trying to explain it to you if I didn't care or had an attitude with you. Come on man, I even went as far as wishing you well and yet you still got upset and need the last word. I also, agreed with some of your comment about statues and the selling point. Am I missing something here? So, this will be my last comment to you so you can have the last word, my God you have the thinnest skin buddy. Just my opinion, doing the same thing as you did to me with your opinion. Listen, buddy I will be the bigger person, with all respect, if I said anything rude or disrespecting I am sorry. But I'm done so if your going to continue this I am not going to reply anymore, this has gotten so stupid! So, for the second time. Good luck man!

Hi guys, this is Adam. I'm going to address a few things here before the false rumors spread further.

1. The prices people say about the my 1/6 sculpts(see pics posted a few pages back) are false. If the client who bought from me directly resells the sculpt for a higher value, that's between the seller and buyer, and it's called supply and demand. Frankly, I do not understand why people would judge and insult others' personal spending habits, especially when it comes to complete strangers on the internet. Why would you be angry if somebody you don't even know is spending THEIR money willingly? How does this affect you exactly?

2. I did say I would not make mass runs of unpainted casts anymore years ago, but I see no problems taking private commissions. I make on average 8 sculpts total per year for private clients, and some are one of a kind, such as the smiling Joker sculpt posted a few pages back. Personally it's what I prefer, and I'm not judging the artists that do make larger runs either.
If you want to call me a hypocrite because of that, please go right ahead. But don't call me a hypocrite, bash me and my clients every chance you have, and then email me asking to buy sculpts from me. I just wish there's a specific word for this kind of behavior...unfortunately, there's no such word. Right Captain?

Also,check out Darklord Dave's recent post on the issue. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/interest-threads/183688-warning-threads-licensed-properties-figures-allowed.html

3. Please respect the forum, and don't jump on every Joker related thread to bash an irrelevant nobody like me, because it's not related to that particular collectible item(s).

Last edited:
Just caught up on the last few pages on this thread, including the in-hand pictures. Seems like there's been a lot of bickering in the last few pages, so I'm just gonna get this back on topic.

Congrats to those of you who have received yours. Looks like it came out pretty damn good judging by the pics, and you all seem pretty chuffed with it, which is great! Whilst I'm still not a fan of the pose or expression, I still think it came out awesome as far as details, quality and likeness goes. I have the Sideshow PF and whilst I do like it (I feel like those who pay out on it haven't seen it in person), the sculpt on this is a lot better (and so it should be for 2k!). I won't be buying though as it's too big and too much coin for me, but it's certainly the best mass produced Heath Ledger Joker collectible out there.

As I said earlier, it is awesome to be able to finally have an Adam sculpt in my collection. I am sorry that turned into a debate about his 1/6th heads. I used to collect 1/6th. I had every Hot Toys Joker, the Enterbay Joker, and multiple custom heads. I would have loved to have one of Adam's heads. I saw Prime 1's Joker several years ago on Statueforum, and I made the decision to get out of 1/6th entirely and into statues (although I picked up Harley this week). Now I finally have one of his sculpts. Granted it is mass produced. There is something to be said for owning a piece crafted by the artist. In fact, I have spent the last three years collecting only original 2-d art to replace my print collection. So I do understand the price people are willing to pay.

I have had the statue for two days. It is the first thing my friends notice when they go into the "man cave". Time will tell if it becomes my favorite statue, but I like it quite a bit right now. I have a Chinese exchange student who lives with my wife and I. He is a talented artist looking to go to an American art university after this year. After we assembled the Joker together, he took dozens of pictures to send to his parents. He has not done that with any of my other statues or paintings. So it does make an impact. Adam, Kato, and Prime 1 hit this out of the park. I can't believe I almost cancelled this due to a few bad photos.

Hi guys, this is Adam. I'm going to address a few things here before the false rumors spread further.

1. The prices people say about the my 1/6 sculpts(see pics posted a few pages back) are false. If the client who bought from me directly resells the sculpt for a higher value, that's between the seller and buyer, and it's called supply and demand. Frankly, I do not understand why people would judge and insult others' personal spending habits, especially when it comes to complete strangers on the internet. Why would you be angry if somebody you don't even know is spending THEIR money willingly? How does this affect you exactly?

2. I did say I would not make mass runs of unpainted casts anymore years ago, but I see no problems taking private commissions. I make on average 8 sculpts total per year for private clients, and some are one of a kind, such as the smiling Joker sculpt posted a few pages back. Personally it's what I prefer, and I'm not judging the artists that do make larger runs either.
If you want to call me a hypocrite because of that, please go right ahead. But don't call me a hypocrite, bash me and my clients every chance you have, and then email me asking to buy sculpts from me. I just wish there's a specific word for this kind of behavior...unfortunately, there's no such word. Right Captain?

Also,check out Darklord Dave's recent post on the issue. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/interest-threads/183688-warning-threads-licensed-properties-figures-allowed.html

3. Please respect the forum, and don't jump on every Joker related thread to bash an irrelevant nobody like me, because it's not related to that particular collectible item(s).

So just to be clear and accurate, your recent sculpts do not sell for USD$6,500? Just checking as that has been verified by two independent persons who own it and are not even selling it on.

I take your comments on board but stand by mine.

Just so we are clear:

Hey guys! I posted this in the joker thread, but I guess I' ll post it here as well.
First off, I'd like to thank all the members here for your support. It has been very overwhelming to see all the compliments, and support from you guys. I can't say enough thank you..really.

For those of you who are familiar with me here, I was never comfortable with selling my unlicensed stuff.(Maybe you've sent pms to me in the past several times without hearing back from me. Sorry..I should've handled it better, but I have a hard time saying no to people...I'm working on it. Sorry! I apologize to those who never heard back from me. )
I sold a very limited edition of a few of my sculpts before the massive release of the Wayne heads. I was in college at that time, and some extra cash was pretty darn great to help out between my tuition and rent, but that doesn't justify what I did, and it was wrong. It was stealing.
Commercializing sculpts of movie character/ celebrity without license is illegal for sure. In my case, I did not come up with the idea or the imagery of the Joker or Bruce Wayne, and I simply just copied their likenesses to the best of my ability from photographs.
I'm sorry for what I did in the past, and from now on I'd like to keep all my unlicensed stuff strictly personal, and I am working on some licensed sculpts too. I'll occasionally take one of a kind private commissions strictly on private basis.

I'd like to thank you all for your understanding and support. You all have been very kind to me. Thank you!

Sincerely

Adam

Strange that so many different collectors have your 'one off' private commission sculpt on their shelves. Let's be honest also, Dave's recent crackdown has zero to do with this so may as well leave that out of it.

To be clear, I have no real issue with you. You are without a doubt one of the best 1/6 artists I have ever seen but, let's call a spade a spade here and be done with it.

And yes, I have messaged you in the recent past about purchasing more sculpts, prior to my learning they were $6.5k, but did not even get response from you. You seem to pick and choose who you even dain worthy of a response -so I guess there is a level of annoyance there.

Anyway, apologies to all for getting off topic but I wanted to get that straight.

:peace

Last edited:
Darklord Dave's recent crackdown has everything to do with this. I do not sell unlicensed mass production, like I said I make 8 sculpts on average for private clients each year, not all, but some are one of a kind. Knowing that the license holders allow very small numbers of sculpts to be sold on private basis, I have no problems with it myself. As far as what I charge is between my clients and I, and nobody else.

As I said earlier, it is awesome to be able to finally have an Adam sculpt in my collection. I am sorry that turned into a debate about his 1/6th heads. I used to collect 1/6th. I had every Hot Toys Joker, the Enterbay Joker, and multiple custom heads. I would have loved to have one of Adam's heads. I saw Prime 1's Joker several years ago on Statueforum, and I made the decision to get out of 1/6th entirely and into statues (although I picked up Harley this week). Now I finally have one of his sculpts. Granted it is mass produced. There is something to be said for owning a piece crafted by the artist. In fact, I have spent the last three years collecting only original 2-d art to replace my print collection. So I do understand the price people are willing to pay.

I have had the statue for two days. It is the first thing my friends notice when they go into the "man cave". Time will tell if it becomes my favorite statue, but I like it quite a bit right now. I have a Chinese exchange student who lives with my wife and I. He is a talented artist looking to go to an American art university after this year. After we assembled the Joker together, he took dozens of pictures to send to his parents. He has not done that with any of my other statues or paintings. So it does make an impact. Adam, Kato, and Prime 1 hit this out of the park. I can't believe I almost cancelled this due to a few bad photos.

I'm glad you like it! Thanks for the love and support!

Ok. Let's agree to disagree but 4 or so years ago you said you could only do the rare one of a kind commissions, due to it being stealing and now you do multiples of the same joker head.

So, that is why I see you as a hypocrite. Simple as that and that is my opinion. I have NO issue with you doing that, it's completely your business but if you are going to do so, then just be prepared for when people form opinions on it.

Also, I did not bash your clients: I said it's their money and power to them if they can afford it, but I'm allowed to see what you're now charging for these as obscene. As many people do. It's now very much common knowledge what the going rate is on these anyway.

Hi adam, im one of many of your joker head sculpt fans. May i know if im ordering a head sculpt how much it will cost me? thx before.

Ok. Let's agree to disagree but 4 or so years ago you said you could only do the rare one of a kind commissions, due to it being stealing and now you do multiples of the same joker head.

So, that is why I see you as a hypocrite. Simple as that and that is my opinion. I have NO issue with you doing that, it's completely your business but if you are going to do so, then just be prepared for when people form opinions on it.

Also, I did not bash your clients: I said it's their money and power to them if they can afford it, but I'm allowed to see what you're now charging for these as obscene. As many people do. It's now very much common knowledge what the going rate is on these anyway.

We can agree and disagree. I said what I said back in the day because that was my understanding of the license issue then, right after I had done a large run in the interest section. I didn't want to get in legal trouble. Then I found out what's allowed and what's not.

Last edited:
We can agree and disagree. I said what I said back in the day because that was my understanding of the license issue then, right after I had done a large run in the interest section. I didn't want to get in legal trouble. Then I found out what's allow and what's not.
Adam - Not sure if you can answer, but did you have to do multiple sculpts for prime 1? Just curious about the process.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back