Statue 1:1 OXMOX Avengers Hulk statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the purchase! I cannot even begin to imagine what would be like to have something this size in my home. In fact, I was wondering, where are you going to display it?

I see you live in Mississauga. Depending of where you put this statue, I may be able to spot your house from the road. :lol

So all the TO boys are heading to The Sauga????

This thing makes SS's look very underwhelming...Really considering this! Anyone know the contact for oxmox?

i cant wait to put HULK next to the Queen Alien, hopefully it would be complete done by next summer. Ha, my Wife, shes not surprise im getting the HULK, since there is a 1/1 Queen laying in my living room.

You better be careful, if the HULK feels challenged by the Queen he's liable to smash your #1 to pieces. That's a real/fictional fight i've love to watch. In the end HULK would be the only one left standing, without question, but would still be an interesting battle.

This thing makes SS's look very underwhelming...Really considering this! Anyone know the contact for oxmox?

yeah man, 9 foot statues tend to do that to puny 2 foot statues :yess:

i'm not gettng this but i'm living vicariously through the people who are :1-1:

Haha totally agree!
You better be careful, if the HULK feels challenged by the Queen he's liable to smash your #1 to pieces. That's a real/fictional fight i've love to watch. In the end HULK would be the only one left standing, without question, but would still be an interesting battle.

yeah man, 9 foot statues tend to do that to puny 2 foot statues :yess:

i'm not gettng this but i'm living vicariously through the people who are :1-1:

Is this one piece and the base? I can't imagine how big the box will be. What is the weight on this? I know it's gonna be hollow but still...

Is this one piece and the base? I can't imagine how big the box will be. What is the weight on this? I know it's gonna be hollow but still...

Ya that's one thing I'm waiting for a reply on. I'm thinking its two pieces and it separates at the waist. If this is one piece the shipping would be unreal. The wooden crate to ship this in alone would be the size of a small container ship. I cant see it being one piece......however....if it is and their able to ship it for for $1000 I'll be even more shocked :thud:

Chris

Well, Oxmox just got back to me. Couple things concern me. They say the statue not just comes in two parts, but multiple parts....arms, head, legs, feet, torso, hands...which all get assembled. The problem I have with this is that their will be open seams all over the statue that cant be hidden since Hulk is practically nude outside of his pants. I asked them to see final photos of the production piece assembled to see how the seams look before I send final payment. The pictures on their site are the prototype.

Second, they will not declare the value lower than its MSRP. Which means a $6000+ piece coming into Canada will be charged customs fees into the thousands. They arent able to get me a shipping price yet ether because they need to wait for the production piece to be finished to determine weight and dimensions of the box its shipping in.

Chris

Well, Oxmox just got back to me. Couple things concern me. They say the statue not just comes in two parts, but multiple parts....arms, head, legs, feet, torso, hands...which all get assembled. The problem I have with this is that their will be open seams all over the statue that cant be hidden since Hulk is practically nude outside of his pants. I asked them to see final photos of the production piece assembled to see how the seams look before I send final payment. The pictures on their site are the prototype.

Second, they will not declare the value lower than its MSRP. Which means a $6000+ piece coming into Canada will be charged customs fees into the thousands. They arent able to get me a shipping price yet ether because they need to wait for the production piece to be finished to determine weight and dimensions of the box its shipping in.

Chris

I can't blame them for not undervaluing it they need to ensure this bad boy properly. This guy is going to get moved with forklifts "frangle handle with care" isn't going to cut it. However, yeah the import fees are goin to be in MASSIVE at least $700-$900.

As for the multiple seems that scares me dude.

I can't blame them for not undervaluing it they need to ensure this bad boy properly. This guy is going to get moved with forklifts "frangle handle with care" isn't going to cut it. However, yeah the import fees are goin to be in MASSIVE at least $700-$900.

As for the multiple seems that scares me dude.

I'm not to concerned with the customs fees....I just think it sucks. I remember when I ordered in my bronze rocky statue from schomberg studios and they declared the full value as $2600, I ended up paying $700 in customs fees when I picked it up....I was like S.O.B!. So a $6000+ statue will easily reach into the thousands.

What I'm MOST concerned with is the seams. I was thinking maybe when I get it I could bring it to my painter and have the arms and everything glued in place then have the seams covered and painted, same with the legs and feet. That way I can actually have it look like its one solid piece when assembled. But....that's extra time and money.

Chris

ha, glad no custom tax in the USA, the seams does bother me tho, it depends on wheres at, Gaby will get to me on this

Chris

good lord, i thought you were kidding... you really are going to buy this for $6000? will he be staying in the living room? :thud:

Chris you must be seriously loaded. I hope you do buy this because I really want to see the in hand picks of this piece. Looks incredible & I thought I was being ambitious buying the SS legacy Hulk ha.

I bow to you sir...

:lol

Chris you must be seriously loaded. I hope you do buy this because I really want to see the in hand picks of this piece. Looks incredible & I thought I was being ambitious buying the SS legacy Hulk ha.

Yup, Im defiantly getting it. No way Im passing this up. I have the Legacy Hulk on order also, but this 1:1 is on a whole other level of cool. Might even use it as my tombstone when I die lol

Oxmox got back to me this morning saying they wont be able to give me a quote on shipping or final pictures of the assembled piece until they get it back from their workshop in Germany. Then it gets shipped to them in Australia THEN ship it to me from there. Gaby at Oxmox said it could be a couple months before they have any of that information. So by the time it gets to me were probably looking at October/November 2013 I'm guessing. The wait begins...

Chris

Last edited:
Back