1:1 Medicom VCD Prop Size Gremlins Gizmo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my replacement from BBTS. My first Gizmo had scratches on both eyes. Now this one not only has scratches but the switch to move the eyes doesn't work properly. It won't go right. I'm just gonna get a refund this time. Not gonna try for a third. I don't know if anyone else had these problems or it's just me but this is really poor quality control. Aside from the defects, while Gizmo does look really nice, it's not $275 nice. I think maybe $200 tops and I think even that is pushing it.

I agree, this should have been $200 tops. nice gizmo but i thought it's overpriced

Just got my replacement from BBTS. My first Gizmo had scratches on both eyes. Now this one not only has scratches but the switch to move the eyes doesn't work properly. It won't go right. I'm just gonna get a refund this time. Not gonna try for a third. I don't know if anyone else had these problems or it's just me but this is really poor quality control. Aside from the defects, while Gizmo does look really nice, it's not $275 nice. I think maybe $200 tops and I think even that is pushing it.

It may not be worth $275 but honestly how much of this stuff is really worth what they are charging? And, its better to pay $275 for this one than having to pay $800 for the last one on ebay… now that’s crazy. :)

It may not be worth $275 but honestly how much of this stuff is really worth what they are charging? And, its better to pay $275 for this one than having to pay $800 for the last one on ebay… now that’s crazy. :)

Looks like the price of these are already going up,I think they did a great job on him..who knows when they'll be doing another version.

Medicom Gizmo

Even if this thread is a couple of weeks old, I would like to add to the conversation with some images from my Medicom Gizmo.

I made a few minor tweaks on this one like darkening the nose and heat-forming the ears to a more curved shape. But the most impressive thing to me was how much a simple job like combing the hair could change the overall look of this replica.

I think the Medicom Gizmo is one of the best Gizmo replicas out there - and I really think it is worth the money.

I appreciate your comments.

Gizmo prop size Medicom 01.jpg
Medicom Gizmo prop size 1:1
Gizmo prop size Medicom 02.jpg

Gizmo prop size Medicom 04.jpg

Gizmo prop size Medicom 03.jpg

Gizmo prop size Medicom 06.jpg

Gizmo prop size Medicom 07.jpg

Gizmo prop size Medicom 10.jpg

Gizmo prop size Medicom 09.jpg

Gizmo prop size Medicom 08.jpg

Gizmo prop size Medicom 05.jpg

Here is how it looks like out of the box

Medicom-VCD-Gizmo-3D-Glasses-Ver-001.jpg

compared to modded

Medicom Gizmo
Gizmo.jpg

Medicom Gizmo

Even if this thread is a couple of weeks old, I would like to add to the conversation with some images from my Medicom Gizmo.

I made a few minor tweaks on this one like darkening the nose and heat-forming the ears to a more curved shape. But the most impressive thing to me was how much a simple job like combing the hair could change the overall look of this replica.

I think the Medicom Gizmo is one of the best Gizmo replicas out there - and I really think it is worth the money.

View attachment 100922

View attachment 100921

View attachment 100919

View attachment 100920

View attachment 100917

View attachment 100916

View attachment 100913

View attachment 100914

View attachment 100915

View attachment 100918

View attachment 100923

Looks really good. I'm going to have to try curving the ears myself, any tips? Did you just force form with your hands?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yes, it is rather easy.
I used a hairdryer to heat up the ears.
Do one ear at a time. You just need to apply heat to the outer halves of the ears, apply it to the front and backside evenly. Cover Gizmos hair with your other hand so it doesn't get burned.
The vinyl becomes very soft when it is hot. Now bend and hold the tips of the ears down in a smooth curve supporting it with both of your hands until the material cools down. I used cold tap water to cool the material down faster while holding the ears in shape. This also gave me 5 more Mogwais. Just kidding.

You have to overdo the bending pretty much as the ears tend to go back to the initial shape even if they seem to have settled. It is a good advise to make the tip of the ears almost point to Gizmo's toes. This looks way overdone at first, but it will take around 20 minutes for the ears to expand back and settle in a perfect shape.
You can always redo it if you aren't happy with the result.

This works really well and gives the ears a more accurate curved look.

Nice I might try a paint wash over his nose and hands they lack some shading and depth out of the box.

Re: Medicom Gizmo

View attachment 100922
Medicom Gizmo prop size 1:1
View attachment 100921

View attachment 100919

View attachment 100920

View attachment 100917

View attachment 100916

View attachment 100913

View attachment 100914

View attachment 100915

View attachment 100918

View attachment 100923

compared to modded

Medicom Gizmo
Gizmo.jpg

Medicom Gizmo

Can I just ask, did you trim the hair on the face and ears? Or have you simply just combed it?

Re: Medicom Gizmo

Looks combed and trimmed I think?

I am glad to see this thread come back up!

I have yet to find one of these guys yet anyway, but I think I'd be too scared to start trimming away in case I ****ed it up!

Is this dude worth £300? Or is that a bit much? I want one so bad but can't find him for any cheaper than that.

Back