Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe in their live video, they mentioned that it would have to ship in waves, so I think this extension reflects that.

It would be nice if they shipped the orders first in, first out but I don't believe that has ever been the case.

It would be nice if they shipped the orders first in, first out but I don't believe that has ever been the case.

I've always assumed they ship the non flexpay orders out first regardless of when they were placed. From a business perspective, it makes sense to get that full price money in the door as soon as possible. The flexpay dollars coming in would only be the final payment. Pure speculation on my part, but would make sense if they did it that way. Not saying that's right either... :)

They definitely don't do flex paid orders last. I do almost exclusively flex payments and I almost always get mine in the first wave. If anything they do flex first because those people already have money invested into the figures.

I'm going to wait and see what HT's looks like then I'll pick... seems like Sideshow is keeping this order up for a long time.

Well I should’ve expected this but Popcultcha has changed their ETA to February 2021. Which makes sense given Popcultcha is a reseller who nearly always gets their allotment of Sideshow pieces last.

Now is it worth it to wait a potential further 6 months in order to save at most $100 USD by buying it locally...... though if I change my preorder to Sideshow I’ll probably be near the end of the list anyway........

It seems to be missing the hair on the ears. I'm guessing they didn't want to do all the extra work to root those too, but I'd love to see it added anyway.

baby-yoda-4.jpg

Is it confirmed that the hair is actually rooted? I assumed, at this price point, that it would be glued on. I did not see the livestream.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it confirmed that the hair is actually rooted? I assumed, at this price point, that it would be glued on. I did not see the livestream.

They didn?t talk about this subject, but it?s almost impossible for it to be rooted. I mean, this is made out of resin or pvc, and at that price point, it will certainly be glued on.

Yeah they did say in the livestream that it's rooted hair... but that was just the original prototype they were looking at, so not sure if that will apply to the production piece as well.

How can we see the video? Any idea about how the final product will be? I just want to be sure before ordering this. Thanks!

They didn?t talk about this subject, but it?s almost impossible for it to be rooted. I mean, this is made out of resin or pvc, and at that price point, it will certainly be glued on.

agreed.no way its rooted. those two people on the video did not seem well equipped to answer 85% of those questions. its almost like they just stuck some interns in a chair next to the child and said "shoot" I was a little perturbed with the lack of knowledge about this piece on the video. SS did not have their ducks in a row before shooting the video.

agreed.no way its rooted. those two people on the video did not seem well equipped to answer 85% of those questions. its almost like they just stuck some interns in a chair next to the child and said "shoot" I was a little perturbed with the lack of knowledge about this piece on the video. SS did not have their ducks in a row before shooting the video.

Well, to be fair they are just part of the social media team. They were not supposed to answer any questions, just showing the prototype on video to boost the sales. As a matter of fact I am sure they were instructed NOT to answer specific questions such as the extent of the Legacy Effects involvement.

That sits just fine with me.

I hear u Dante! I guess I was hoping for some
Key questions to be answered. Find out upon arrival
And or reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt it’ll be rooted, unless they make it out of silicon etc. As rooting hair which is sparse on a resin or Polystone head wouldn’t look all that great as usually the holes they get punched into are quite visible.

As others have mentioned it’ll probably be glued on unfortunately, just like it is on their 1/2 scale Yoda.

I doubt it?ll be rooted, unless they make it out of silicon etc. As rooting hair which is sparse on a resin or Polystone head wouldn?t look all that great as usually the holes they get punched into are quite visible.

As others have mentioned it?ll probably be glued on unfortunately, just like it is on their 1/2 scale Yoda.

What?s wrong with it being glued on?

Yes if done well it?s fine. I have had many rooted hair in silicon / latex pieces and imo it looks more realistic. I do have the lifesize Yoda and the glued hair looks good. However o have had pieces in the passed that had glued hair and it looked fine when I first got it, years down the road the glue started turning yellow and it was very apparent the hair was glued. It looked awful. I guess it depends on what glue they use for longevity purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back