Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish there was close up photos of the hair. As Enzo said, glue is fine if done well. But there are lots of examples of it not being done well.

The production piece WILL be different.

The question is how different! I think even a 20% decline from the production piece will be catastrophic and make it look like a lump of green plastic in a robe!
It really does baffle me why Sideshow and Hot Toys even can't get to within 90% at least of the production piece.

This product is 1:1 scale so in theory it should be an easier paint job for the production line.

The question is how different! I think even a 20% decline from the production piece will be catastrophic and make it look like a lump of green plastic in a robe!
It really does baffle me why Sideshow and Hot Toys even can't get to within 90% at least of the production piece.

This product is 1:1 scale so in theory it should be an easier paint job for the production line.

Because I guess there's a difference in the protos painted by a master painter vs. the production line. All that subtle shading and toning that brings a sculpt alive my or may not show up in a finished piece.

But there doesn't seem to be consistency - at least from what I've read - and on the statue forum - with these companies, tho at the moment I think a lot of Iron Studios' work proto to production. Still waiting on HT protos myself. This piece, if I purchased, I'd really be looking for the subtle color washes of the ears and perfectly placed glass eyes.

Whether I would GET that, dunno.:cool:

I have a boat load of Sideshow and Hot Toys and I think their Production pieces come pretty darn close to Prototype. There are exceptions, but I think they do pretty well translating proto to mass produced product...

I have a boat load of Sideshow and Hot Toys and I think their Production pieces come pretty darn close to Prototype. There are exceptions, but I think they do pretty well translating proto to mass produced product...

These days hot toys fans are so spoiled that many are disappointed when the production piece isn't better than the Prototype that was shown or include more accessories than we were shown.

These days hot toys fans are so spoiled that many are disappointed when the production piece isn't better than the Prototype that was shown or include more accessories than we were shown.

I agree. Most occasions Hot Toys production pieces are within spitting distance of the prototypes. Not like some statue companies where they can take a complete nosedive.

I have quite a few Sideshow pieces as well, and Sideshow are at best 50/50 with pieces coming even close to their prototypes. Which is why this question is always around. Most of us preorder knowing that to be the case, and we make internal adjustments to our expectations.....which doesn’t always work (especially for movie related pieces and the paintwork on female sculpts). And it’s not just Sideshow, but for the past year or two even Prime 1 have been doing the exact same thing........:gah:

Yea I don't think Sideshow EVER hits prototype quality. If they hit 90%, that's what I consider good for them. But often times, they are below 90% prototype quality IMO. With the hiked up prices, it just doesn't make sense to PO anything from them anymore. I almost HAVE to see in hand quality before I consider a SSC piece. But I buy far less now so I'm ok with that...

Yea I don't think Sideshow EVER hits prototype quality. If they hit 90%, that's what I consider good for them. But often times, they are below 90% prototype quality IMO. With the hiked up prices, it just doesn't make sense to PO anything from them anymore. I almost HAVE to see in hand quality before I consider a SSC piece. But I buy far less now so I'm ok with that...

I think Domino, Catwoman, Momoa Aquaman, Daredevil, X-23, , Cable, and Green Arrow are all very close to proto quality.

I like that they revealed the original suit Raiden. Hope we get more of the original costumes like Sonya, Mileena, Johnny cage etc

I think Domino, Catwoman, Momoa Aquaman, Daredevil, X-23, , Cable, and Green Arrow are all very close to proto quality.

And that has been a truly amazing run for them.

In the last 6-7 years that I've been collecting. I can't remember one where they had a run this good. Though honestly I've only followed a few of the ones you've mentioned, but Green Arrow, Cable and Momoa Aquaman (though I do have my own nitpicks regarding that one) all look great relative to their prototypes.

This will look nothing like the Proto, mainly due to the rush factor to capitalize on the overhyped popularity of the character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will look nothing like the Proto, mainly due to the rush factor to capitalize on the overhyped popularity of the character.

But we don't know how long they have been developing this and whether or not production has already started!

In my opinion, a piece this large should always come within 90% of the prototype! It's not like a 1/6 Scale with really intricate details.

Doesn't really make sense. If the production piece doesn't look like the proto, sales will suffer. I see no reason in rushing the production, if anything they should capitalize on the preorders, stalling production.

Now, if you said they need to rush to cut ahead of Hot Toys, I'll be more inclined to join your reasoning.

It's no guarantee but the number one reason to believe that the production piece might turn out really well is the fairly recently released legendary scale Yoda. That mostly matched the proto.

Back