1:1 Iron man Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
someone is envious.........

I don't know who you think is so envious, but Bodie has a legitimate argument...

1500 is a pretty high es for a piece at this price, especially when 90% of them have paint issues. I really don't get why everyone is so set on this being worth so much in the future... apparently people need keep saying that in order to justify dropping $700 on a piece that they're only partially satisfied with.

I'm buying it because it's a bad@$$ piece (if you don't get a battle damaged version), not for the potential price increase.

ive been collecting for a few years and everyone comes over and says wow you have alot of stuff... now that i have this my responses have been wow that iron man rocks!!! even to non collectors this is an awesome piece and i dont understand if the minority dislikes it why they waste our time posting every day about it.. unless they are just trying to be a jerk. I luv it and i know im not the only one :D

I meant common as in everyone and their grandma seems to own one..

if everyone owned one then there would over 6,706,993,152 made. The fact that 1500 are made seems insignificant to the world's population. I seems that everyone owns one because it's talked about so much! Why? Well partially because of the price (one of sideshow's expensive items yet affordable enough that john citizen can buy one - not like lifesize terminator), the high expectation of a product that costs this much to john citizen, and because it's such a striking piece!

Bottom line - amazing bust to look at! That's why everyone (all 1500 of em) bought one.

Oh and iron man is COOL!

ive been collecting for a few years and everyone comes over and says wow you have alot of stuff... now that i have this my responses have been wow that iron man rocks!!! even to non collectors this is an awesome piece and i dont understand if the minority dislikes it why they waste our time posting every day about it.. unless they are just trying to be a jerk. I luv it and i know im not the only one :D

well said! Some People are just too damn picky. I would the the opposite to some - it's actually 95% of people who haven't had issues with this thing (if you consider most of the complaints are from the same people over and over and also from people who don't even own the bust but are responding to those who made a complaint and saying they would never get one because of all the issues!

I'd like to know how many people who read this thread would actually say they think their bust is FINE!

I have question that nobody has answered......is this bust really made of fiber-glass?

Im used to my collectibles to be in the 50-300 edition size range.. 1500 is over produced IMO.. Enjoy your peice that is worth less than you paid.

anyone who buys collectables to make money (or because they will increase in value) is insane.

Anything above an addition size of 1 is rarely going to increase in value. Sure in the short term (when demand is high) it may do for some items, but as a general rule this does not happen! Just look back when basketball cards were all the rage and people where paying over $100 for a card. Now that pop culture craze is over the cards are impossible to get rid of. This is yet another time of pop culture and if you buy the items because u have a genuine love of movies, comics, games or what ever and they are a part of your life then go for it. It's a hobby like those who collect spoons or teacups!

So for those who say the iron man bust is not worth it because it's over priced due to the fact it won't increase in value are in fact right. But i bought it bacause it's so damn cool! And for all those who also bought it for that reason - congrats on a great purchase!!! (not to quote solidsnake).

And let's face it ss are a company who, like all companies, are in the business to make money. And will probably bring out an 'all improved iron man bust' with the release of the second movie - just like they did with the hellboy samaritan!

I have question that nobody has answered......is this bust really made of fiber-glass?

yes and no... the face is (i think) but the shoulders and chest seem to be cast polystone. It is heavy though (and the base it hollow and very light and plastic feeling).

But i'm not expert - anyone else wanna have a stab at this question?

yes and no... the face is (i think) but the shoulders and chest seem to be cast polystone. It is heavy though (and the base it hollow and very light and plastic feeling).

But i'm not expert - anyone else wanna have a stab at this question?

I seen the base crack... it's a cheap thin plastic. SideShow cheaped out on a cheap base.

And let's face it ss are a company who, like all companies, are in the business to make money. And will probably bring out an 'all improved iron man bust' with the release of the second movie - just like they did with the hellboy samaritan!

it's called a mark02 1:1 and it will be made.

ill buy the mark 02 when it gets made and im sure that will be pretty kewl as well :)

mine arrived yesterday. Its perfect. Easily one of Sideshows best Marvel releases.

Mine arrived and he's with his small Marvel family..........

0220091807.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back