1/1 finsihed silicon Reeve proto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bobby is this just a bust or full figure? Truly amazing! It looks like he just said "Good night" to Lois and about to take off.

Bobby, the realism and organic look you obtain from silicons, acrylics and synthetics is incredible.

I'm going to lock myself into my protective bunker because I have a couple of questions which some people might construe as criticism and, well, your fans are somewhat protective...
* To me it looks like the left side of his face (the right half of the image we're looking at) is maybe pushed backwards and downwards slightly, like you might see if it was pulled from the mould before completely cured...(10 minutes later after starting a dozen different thoughts, deleting them and returning to looking at the image)...I think it's because, to me, the left jawline doesn't seem to be as full or as close to the camera as the right side. That might be because of the angle the head is on the neck?
* The lower left lip seems a lot further out to me as well for some reason...looking at the shadow that the lip causes doesn't seem quite natural based on where the other shadows are...

As I double-check that my bunker door is certified torch- and pitchfork-impregnable and that I have enough supplies to last a few months, I'm going to give up trying to put my finger on quite what is bothering me about it and blame it all on the lighting. If I cover the left half of the image I see a flawless representation of a very good looking man in his mid 20's with great cheekbones. If I cover the right half of the image I see that same guy 10 years on who's had a bit of a tough time. I think that's it...the current lighting of that shot flattens one half of his face and flatters the other half (see what I did there? Gotta love some word-play).

Ok, that's all I had to comment on.

(Braces myself for the inevitable backlash)

Bobby said he has the exact makeup they used on him and that's yet to go on, so should take care of that lighting complexion.
I think this says it all

Christopher-Reeve.jpg

eee-1.jpg

good questions, the bust is actaully lite more from above and to the left causing Shadows, also the bust is sitting straight up when he should be looking downward and to his left when on the body.
But to really Understand the sculpture you have to understand Reeves face.
In real life his lower lip almost looks like he had a stroke, his center of his chin is not really center, His right eye is way lower then the left eye.
his nostril on his left side are lower then the right.
He also appears to be very young looking, but when you put him in lets say the desert scene, his skin for his age was really bad or wrinkles.
SOOO many things that make him so difficult to sculpt.
I suggest you might want to check out the capedwonder to really see some great shots of him.
Thanks for the post Aussie

Adam this will be a life size statue .
however I'm commissioned by HCG to do a bust in which I will do 3 versions and leave it up to the collectors to decide which one.
version 1 thin face no expression
version 2 at the end more fuller faced with a hint of a smile
Version 3 serious looking.

I love the expression. There's so much suggested with such subtle cues on the lips and eyebrows, even the glint in the eye. Beautiful!

Hi Bobby,

This is breathtaking.. if you place your hand across the bottom of the bust picture so the bottom area is not visible, you would swear it is a pic of Chris on set or in make-up. Are you self taught, or did you study and learn sculpture at College/University ??? Have you been in art your whole life?

This is very life like and the likeness is dead on. I never knew there were so many talented people on this forum.

Very nice sculpt Bobby !
I did a comparison and almost everything seems to be spot on ,
the only "flaw" I found was that the face should be a little wider ,
but I guess that this will be fixed with the second bust that you will make.
supermanbccomp.jpg

I think your right, funny My wife kept telling me make it wider and I did not listen.
(sounds like bedroom talk or something )
but I will post the new likeness , I Enjoy sculpting him so there will be many reeveisions (new word) over time.
The new one is wider our more fuller faced.
pics in clay later today

Back