【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Since there is no EG Strange I thought to post this here. I’ve been following the thread pretty often but I will not pretend that I have read every post so forgive me if this has already been discussed.

Did anyone notice how Dr. Strange seemed to get a bit of a power boost in Endgame? When he was holding the water back from flooding the battlefield (which was an incredible feat in its own right), he had 3 of those orange rings around each of his forearms. I’m not counting those “mandalas” that emanate from his palms that were usually used as shields in previous films. It was kind of like the green ones in IW when he looked into the future but even then he only had 2 on each arm.

Anyone else notice that? Seems like a bit of a power up right?

I think a couple of characters finally really got to shine. Wanda put on her best performance too, after years of her potential being teased.

I was actually disappointed to see Strange sidelined for most of the battle. Even though I realize it was probably necessary since Thanos wouldn't have been nearly as much a match this time without the gauntlet, and they needed to give everyone else a chance to shine.

Yeah, I would've liked to see him a bit more in the final battle.

Got mine over the weekend. Had a momentary freak out when I saw the condition of the shipper box (one corner was ripped almost completely off), but the actual box was absolutely fine. Opened him up right away. Love all the posing options for the figure.

3F81F0C8-6330-4777-817A-3069CE8B1DB8.jpg
55E5BCDC-FCF1-4AB4-A403-F12C4C38D51E.jpg

I really love this figure!
The base is also very good to make cool poses, here's how I display him now.. :)

Wow! Excellent lighting & photography! Honestly, some of the best photos I've ever seen seen of a statue/figure on these boards.

I got mine a week or two back and all the niggling disappointment when comparing photos quickly dissipated into the ether when I actually could see it in person.
No complaints whatsoever.

Well, maybe just one.
Seeing how freaking amazing this looked in hand, I caved and ordered Ant-man. I was leaning hard towards cancelling Wasp now that I had the (excellent) Iron Studios pieces. But seeing how magnificent Strange was flipped me. Outside of Star Wars, I don't have any male figures besides DS. Now I have to play catch up.

Do you actually put the sling ring accessories on Strange's hands or just hang them from the outfit?

Wow! Excellent lighting & photography! Honestly, some of the best photos I've ever seen seen of a statue/figure on these boards.

I got mine a week or two back and all the niggling disappointment when comparing photos quickly dissipated into the ether when I actually could see it in person.
No complaints whatsoever.

Well, maybe just one.
Seeing how freaking amazing this looked in hand, I caved and ordered Ant-man. I was leaning hard towards cancelling Wasp now that I had the (excellent) Iron Studios pieces. But seeing how magnificent Strange was flipped me. Outside of Star Wars, I don't have any male figures besides DS. Now I have to play catch up.

Thank you so much for the kind words, sir!
And yes, I do agree with you.
If I may say, don't cancel the wasp. I think from the prototype, it's gonna be one of HT's best female sculpt. Also she's kinda badass in the Antman and the Wasp movie! :D

Do you actually put the sling ring accessories on Strange's hands or just hang them from the outfit?

There's various magic effects, some of em fit on his hand, but what I did in the pics was just let em hang from the outfit.

Looking to pick this up soon
What are some other legit websites besides sideshow and BBTS that you can purchase Hot Toys from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone explain to me the difference between the two sling rings the figure comes with? Also is there a scene in any of the movies where you can see if he keeps it attached to his outfit? I am wanting to hang the sling ring somewhere on his belt, but would like if it was canon.

Can someone explain to me the difference between the two sling rings the figure comes with? Also is there a scene in any of the movies where you can see if he keeps it attached to his outfit? I am wanting to hang the sling ring somewhere on his belt, but would like if it was canon.

Check out the instructions for placement of the sling rings. The one on HIS right side can be a little difficult to get just right because it is supposed to be horizontal on his cummerbund while the one on his left just hangs from the metal rings. I’ll try and get a couple pictures.

I’m not 100% sure this is IW/EG accurate but it is what the instructions say to do:

Attachments

• 4DF14DD4-5D1B-401F-88A0-E0095E9B27FA.jpg
    4DF14DD4-5D1B-401F-88A0-E0095E9B27FA.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 357
  • 7D4266EF-962E-4785-B19C-A45550594C6E.jpg
    7D4266EF-962E-4785-B19C-A45550594C6E.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 355

Thanks, appreciate it. If anyone knows the reasoning for the 2 rings feel free to chime in! For the life of me I can't recall him ever needing two.

Him having two is based on his movie portrayal, not on him ever having use two in said film.

Found a picture where he has both in case anyone else was interested

Attachments

• doctor-strange.jpg
    doctor-strange.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 354

I dunno, after he swiped one from that Zealot that attacked the Sanctum, and left him stranded on the other side of the world, seems like a smart play to carry a backup. So the same doesn't happen to you XD

All I know is they keep falling off. Terrible design as far as attachment goes. Or perhaps I need to read the instructions ??

^ Be sure to hook them well, especially the one the right. They shouldn't fall off then.

Back