【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Did SSC already start shipping?

I got mine yesterday and the head is solid on mine, and I made sure to check... Loving this figure. There are so many posing options. I'm glad i got the book of cagliostro on ebay before it started going for ridiculous prices. I know we don't see it at all in IW, but I still felt he should have it. Along with the time manipulation finger disc (for lack of a better term) that only comes with the first one.

This is only a temporary posing, I'll do more with him when I have more room.

CameraZOOM-20190219072623796.jpg

Last edited:

Got mine on Friday. One of my favorites.

strange1.jpg

strange2.jpg

strange3.jpg

This guy turned out pretty good and I'd put him second only to Thanos as the best of the IW line.

Doctor Strange is among the most interesting figures from
the past several years based on the MCU.

I know that attaching the spell effects requires removal of the hands.
I had a lot of trouble changing out the hands.. I'm not gonna go through
that again!

I like the photos of the figure that are being posted. :)

Cool display!

Looks great even sans magical accessories...

Thank you, sir! :duff

I agree, I felt the same with the ones on the 1st Strange. I changed them around a lot trying to get the right look for about month and then put them back in the box. There is a little more realism without them IMO.

Yeah, I knew when my daughter first saw him and said "Wow, Cool! His powers look kind of plastic, though." they had to go. :lol

Damn, what a simple, yet striking pose! Awesome!

Much thanks! :)

Very nice, Marf.

This figure really intrigues me. I liked Dr. Strange in IW very much. And this figure looks to be one of HT's best ever.

I'm just afraid to walk too far down the Marvel path. I've managed to keep my Marvel figures down to just a very bare few.

It's a fantastic figure! I stayed true to my pledge to stop collecting Avengers after the core, OG members (Thor, Cap, IM and Hulk) for a while, but when HT releases figures like the original Ant Man and this Dr. Strange...they're just too good to pass up. I don't feel any itch to round the Marvel part of my collection out, though, I'm OK not being a completionist hehe.

What do you think keeps the two parts together in the first place though? I don't think you would need to disclose that something was re-glued if there's no visible trace of it. That's sort of absurd. And if you did disclose that, I don't think it would change the value of it. Hot Toys even includes studs for people to replace ones that fall off, those would have to be re-glued as well. Sideshow will usually ask the buyer to smash the "defective" head sculpt if they offer a replacement. Or would possibly just tell a buyer to glue it and offer a small discount.

Sure, a discount or something like that would make up for it.

If I bought a car, picked it up and there was a screw missing holding something on, I’d expect the dealership to fix it, not me.

If I bought a shirt and a button was missing or hanging on by a thread, I’d expect an exchange or discount.

In both cases it might be a simple repair, but that’s beside the point.

I just don’t see this any difference - if anything, it’s even worse given the price we are paying for these.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not criticizing you for being willing to fix it yourself, but I also don’t think it’s fair to criticize someone else for wanting it taken care of by the seller.

It should be might right - exchange, discount, whatever is acceptable to buyer & seller.

5309940b090953bf3d478bbe89d5722c.jpg

Really love this guy - as a lifelong Doctor Strange fan, I can’t believe I have two great figures of him!

Sure, a discount or something like that would make up for it.

If I bought a car, picked it up and there was a screw missing holding something on, I’d expect the dealership to fix it, not me.

If I bought a shirt and a button was missing or hanging on by a thread, I’d expect an exchange or discount.

In both cases it might be a simple repair, but that’s beside the point.

I just don’t see this any difference - if anything, it’s even worse given the price we are paying for these.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not criticizing you for being willing to fix it yourself, but I also don’t think it’s fair to criticize someone else for wanting it taken care of by the seller.

It should be might right - exchange, discount, whatever is acceptable to buyer & seller.

Entitled customer from hell does things to increase cost to retailer then complains about price of figures.

Entitled customer from hell does things to increase cost to retailer then complains about price of figures.

Nah, I totally see his side of the argument and I'm inclined to side with him and I don't believe that makes him entitled to feel that he should be receiving a pristine item given the premium price point...but I do believe that if there is a quick fix then why go through the hassle of shipping it back and waiting for a replacement?

...but when HT releases figures like the original Ant Man and this Dr. Strange.....

Yep, I got the original Ant-Man for the very same reason -- just an overall outstanding figure of its time.

Maybe I'll get Strange too.

5309940b090953bf3d478bbe89d5722c.jpg

Really love this guy - as a lifelong Doctor Strange fan, I can’t believe I have two great figures of him!

Nice pic!! I missed the boat on the first one and finally got this figure. Only one more payment next month and I have him paid off with sideshow! Can’t wait.

Yep, I got the original Ant-Man for the very same reason -- just an overall outstanding figure of its time.

Maybe I'll get Strange too.

Strange is really good. I have the original version and I really like it. You can't go wrong with this version too.

This figure is top notch. Just got him in, and really steals the shelf presence.

Great looking shots in here, folks. Love all the different textures on this one.

Entitled customer? Really? All the guy is asking for is that the figure arrive complete without issue out of the box.

Maybe if your figure arrives with holes in the clothing you can just stitch it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Entitled customer? Really? All the guy is asking for is that the figure arrive complete without issue out of the box.

Maybe if your figure arrives with holes in the clothing you can just stitch it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holes in the clothing is no where near the same as a bit of glue coming undone. A child can put a dab of super glue on a peg. Stitching up clothing actually requires a skill set.

Back