【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Here is a pic of the body
be26a17ca330bd55c82d947d8ec8d6d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep looks the plug had that crap HT glue, should be able to glue it back in the head without to much trouble.

Sucks that you have to or you can have SS send you a new one.

Yeah my ROTJ Luke had the same issue when I got him. A little dab of crazy glue solved it.

Cool thanks. I had a feeling that was it just wanted to be sure since these things cost so damn much. Crazy glue it is

Hope it's not a batch issue. Not sure when timewalker gets their's in.

yep looks the plug had that crap HT glue, should be able to glue it back in the head without to much trouble.

Sucks that you have to or you can have SS send you a new one.

Have ss send a new figure over something easily fixed. Amazing.

I always fix them unless it's a internal electronic issue but i have learned the hard way some folks on here are not very good at even gluing something i consider simple. So having SS send a new head is on option for them.

You should not have to glue a part on a figure you spent close to $300 on, IMO. I’d feel like the figure was defective every time I’d look at it if I had to repair it.

My IW Doctor Strange today and it is an amazing figure. Really beautiful and almost as good as the first one.

I think the likeness is a toss up between the two and comes down to subjective preference - both are good.

The one factor that i fins to be objectively worse in this one is the cloak, which is far less flexible. The collar isn’t as good, the wiring isn’t as good and the stiff shoulder piece limited what you can do with his left arm without making the cloak sit funny.

Still an outstanding figure, especially if you missed the first one.

You should not have to glue a part on a figure you spent close to $300 on, IMO. I’d feel like the figure was defective every time I’d look at it if I had to repair it.

Defective is a bit of an exaggeration. If something is legit broken that's one thing, but this is just a case where not enough glue was used on a part that is not visible in any way, so there's little risk of messing anything up. Lots of figures with changeable hair have the magnets come off, etc, since those are fighting the bond of the glue.

Got mine today too. I’m not crazy about how the cloak sits on him, as has been mentioned, but everything else is great. This is one of those you just have to take a minute to admire the sculpt.

Defective is a bit of an exaggeration. If something is legit broken that's one thing, but this is just a case where not enough glue was used on a part that is not visible in any way, so there's little risk of messing anything up. Lots of figures with changeable hair have the magnets come off, etc, since those are fighting the bond of the glue.

If I were to do a repair, I would be fixing a defect.

If I were to later sell that figure, I would feel compelled to disclose the defect.

Seems like a defect to me - the severity of a defect that leads you to feel a product is defective is of course subjective, but knowing I had to apply glue to a brand new $300 item feels defective to me.

got him today!
5e133add5adc4714eede109aedbc7cca.jpg

cc713b1309724e27cb0946c5a8b47174.jpg

15bcbe31aa53bc9684513e0431deae6f.jpg

7e6cbbf0214cb73d8886508e527a3f04.jpg

b91c1401323f31ca0ce729b7d8b2a4e9.jpg

47b7da645de3e1171156f5b24eea66b1.jpg

b693ec1e3437b3c38a47b7d7ddc64755.jpg

“Hey I don’t think we’ve met”

f3397bbc5906203b7b5e2f6bc948b5d5.jpg
9e1870059f7d0b8af214336ccc1b9c5b.jpg

Just got mine in today too! Here’s a quick pose for now until I have more time to mess around with him.

He looks fantastic. Can't wait to get mine.

My Knock off (Not Quite Hot Toys) Wolverine's head fell off right after I'd taken him
out of the box.. this is a few years ago.. I used plastic model glue to cement it
back in place... it happens.

Other than the head falling off, it's a great figure....:lol

If I were to do a repair, I would be fixing a defect.

If I were to later sell that figure, I would feel compelled to disclose the defect.

Seems like a defect to me - the severity of a defect that leads you to feel a product is defective is of course subjective, but knowing I had to apply glue to a brand new $300 item feels defective to me.

What do you think keeps the two parts together in the first place though? I don't think you would need to disclose that something was re-glued if there's no visible trace of it. That's sort of absurd. And if you did disclose that, I don't think it would change the value of it. Hot Toys even includes studs for people to replace ones that fall off, those would have to be re-glued as well. Sideshow will usually ask the buyer to smash the "defective" head sculpt if they offer a replacement. Or would possibly just tell a buyer to glue it and offer a small discount.

Back