【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

I wonder with the unusual and substantial time delay between shipping out Batch 1 and Batch 2... what will be the improvements on the Batch 2 v2?

I wonder with the unusual and substantial time delay between shipping out Batch 1 and Batch 2... what will be the improvements on the Batch 2 v2?

Hopefully they glue the neck to the plug which they missed on mine.

My final payment is in about a week. I was hoping it would be shipping by then.

No doubt they are under pressure to fix whatever went wrong. Maybe they will be worse than V1 ? :lol

But I certainly hope not ! I don't have mine yet.

So which version of the figure is better - Original DS or Infinity War? I think I prefer the head sculpt from the first. The cape collar on the second has such pronounced edge stitching, which is not screen accurate,to my memory. What about the shoes or clothes? Any glaring differences between the two? Is the IW cape better/easier to work with than the original?

So which version of the figure is better - Original DS or Infinity War? I think I prefer the head sculpt from the first. The cape collar on the second has such pronounced edge stitching, which is not screen accurate,to my memory. What about the shoes or clothes? Any glaring differences between the two? Is the IW cape better/easier to work with than the original?

I think general concensus is the original has the books etc which some prefer. Sculpt is up for debate. Some like the old, some the new.

Original cape appears to have stronger wire in the collar if I recall correctly. Newer version has better magic accessories. Clothes and shoes are the same for both.

I'm in for the newest. Also because the original is extremely expensive on the secondary market.

There are plenty of you tube videos comparing the 2 if you'd like to take the time to search and watch them. And some have been posted in this thread if you go back and look.

I think general concensus is the original has the books etc which some prefer. Sculpt is up for debate. Some like the old, some the new.

Original cape appears to have stronger wire in the collar if I recall correctly. Newer version has better magic accessories. Clothes and shoes are the same for both.

I'm in for the newest. Also because the original is extremely expensive on the secondary market.

I agree with Hoody regarding the differences. If I were to make the decision, I will think about which of these are the most important for me:

1) Sculpt - They are different enough that you should try to compare them to see if you have a strong preference for one over the other. The hair styles are also different and make a big difference in how the sculpts look IMHO.
2) Accessories - Book (original) vs. IW magic accessories (such as the sword); the other accessories are the same for both versions.
3) Cape - As Hoody mentioned, the original has the stronger wire and seems to stand up better.

Personally, I prefer the original due to the sculpt and the book. I'm also not a big fan of the magic sword and the other IW accessories.

New one for sure. Much better and larger variety of magic effects. Thus much more posing options. I also find the new cape sits better on the shoulders tho its not as bendable as the first one. But it has a much superior collar that naturally flares out and pops beautifully. And while the cape isnt as dynamicly wired as the old one, it drapes around the figure a lot better and gets style points for it being asymmetrical. The sculpt is up for debate but i lean towards the new one.

Just got an email from KGHobby that my Dr Strange is shipping soon. So perhaps the delay is now over.....

One can hope i guess. Still don't expect to see this before the end of april though.

Finally!!! Soon he will be in your hands. Took a long time!

Tell me about it ! Seems I got caught up in this delay of him and a couple of other figures which should have been delivered long ago.

I'm really surprised that Sideshow has yet to get him in yet. Hong Kong got him like 2 months ago. I'm hoping for him and Thanos to be in stock soon and then hopefully my wallet will be ready for Iron Man Mark 50.

what was wrong with V1? Just curious.

Nothing. But there's always room for improvement.

You usually don't notice until you have something to compare it to. Perhaps a slightly different shade of red on the cape or more realistic paint apps on the head, who knows? Every figure has its nits.

Nothing. But there's always room for improvement.

You usually don't notice until you have something to compare it to. Perhaps a slightly different shade of red on the cape or more realistic paint apps on the head, who knows? Every figure has its nits.

so what's to say they are still shipping V1 and there is no V2?

Back