【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

The problem seems to be with the nose. The proto looked great, and the production piece is a bit different.
5c97940584762f042c217e34b4cf5c57.jpg

Agreed it is the nose.

The sculpt seems to be taking a little heat, particularly on social media - not to IW Cap / TR Loki levels...but something about it clearly isn't jiving with everyone.

Personally, I prefer the facial expression on the first figure but the Cumberbatch likeness on this one is still superb, imo.

Yeah I'm one of those who thinks something seems a bit off, particularly with the nose which seems a bit bigger or rounder somehow. I realize these first blogger pics aren't always reliable though, and it could just be the typical softening of the production sculpt we always see....

Edit: Oops, looks like jgmartinez beat me to it. :)

Infinity-War-Dr.-Strange-Hot-Toys-002_1024x1024.jpg

Why fatten up the nose, though?
It looks like that in all the blogger pics,
So it clearly isn't a lighting or angle issue... just makes no sense to alter the prototype sculpt when it looked correct in the first place. Would Marvel have requested that it be changed?

Well it wouldn't be the first time they made a last minute tweak to a sculpt (or made the nose too large). And if it was just that pic I wouldn't be too concerned, but the nose appears distinctly different in every single pic and from every angle, and by different bloggers as well.

Well it wouldn't be the first time they made a last minute tweak to a sculpt. And if it was just that pic I wouldn't be too concerned, but the nose appears distinctly different in every single pic and from every angle, and by different bloggers as well.

No, I agree that they have done that before... but the nose was on point to start.
I am looking at the first one right now and the nose is narrow, like the prototype to this new one was.

The problem seems to be with the nose. The proto looked great, and the production piece is a bit different.
5c97940584762f042c217e34b4cf5c57.jpg
Did the exact same thing with IW cap. Fattened up the nose more than the proto after the fact. Are they high? Why do they keep doing that

Hmmm they did seem to fatten the nose. Wtf. This was the same problem with cap. That bulbous nose

Really like the tweaks to the new cloak. Better collar and more pronounced asymmetry. Will try to pick one up with the effects for my OG Doctor Strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i had to order. I'm so weak! Couldn't resist.

Def. the nose. Not nearly as bad as the IW Cap, but still noticeable. This won't likely reach a Yondu level of likeness, however I still like it more than the original one (which I thought that nose was slightly too small ironically.)

Here is a picture in-hand by Justin.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 350

Yeah, now I see it. I don't think the fatter nose makes the overall sculpt look off - the likeness is still incredibly good. But when you see it next to the proto, you do wonder why HT felt the need to mess with it.

Someone also posted this to FB

FB_IMG_1546378977586.jpg

He does have sort of a wide nose, but the shape of the first version still looks more accurate to me.

IMG_20190101_134613.jpg

I dunno...seems fine to me, especially based on that photo. Still a heck of a lot better than the other bulbous nose release of a certain someone we got...

Only really major difference is the hair color.

I dunno...seems fine to me, especially based on that photo. Still a heck of a lot better than the other bulbous nose release of a certain someone we got...

Only really major difference is the hair color.

I agree, the variation between the two is fairly minor but still there. One thing to note is the paint on the prototype is always amazing, while production release is going to be good but fall short of the prototype.

Was waiting to get one...lets see how many sell offs happen...might go for original one...

The sculpt seems to be taking a little heat, particularly on social media - not to IW Cap / TR Loki levels...but something about it clearly isn't jiving with everyone.

Personally, I prefer the facial expression on the first figure but the Cumberbatch likeness on this one is still superb, imo.

I prefer the first sculpt too; he looks a little bug eyed now with the wider nose. And something with the hair too I can't put my finger on. Everything else looks incredible so I'm still keeping it. So many posing options.

The difference in the nose from prototype to production is really quite small. If you're scrutinizing to that degree, the changes to hair color and the cheeks are more significant (and equally not problematic).

The difference in the nose from prototype to production is really quite small. If you're scrutinizing to that degree, the changes to hair color and the cheeks are more significant (and equally not problematic).

Agreed. Hope its not another 20 pages about the "fattening of the nose" or whatever some of you are seeing. It looks amazing and Hot Toys knows how to capture Cumberbatch well

Back